UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Is it too late for me...

10/3/12 11:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To weigh in at 149 by oct. 13th?
My morning weight this morning was 156. I have scaled back calories quite a bit (approx 900 to 1100) for the past two days. all super clean foods. Low low carbs and quality proteins. Am I doing it right?Really want to avoid sauna because its same say weigh in.

Any pointers on how to make it to 149 from 156 in 10 days? I know Leigh has got to have some good input. I know dandelion root will help to rid me of excess water. When and how should i begin using it. Also, would using psyllium fibre or metamucil help rid my guts of excess waste in time?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks S&C forum for any input.

Steve Phone Post
10/3/12 11:49 PM
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not an expert in anyway but there is a method of cutting that uses some type of alcohol and epsom salt in a bath...I know Jim Miller uses it to cut and Ive seen a thread on here before on how to do it...Ill also see if I cant find his blog real quick...Ill post a link Phone Post
10/3/12 11:53 PM
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Fm1cxXhBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
10/3/12 11:55 PM
imkeithhernandez

This blog he only uses epsom salt...I remember seeing one with someone using a green rubbing alcohol in the same thing...but Jims vid here explains this method pretty well Phone Post
10/4/12 1:04 AM
Chocolate Shatner
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7 pounds ain't shit, man. Honestly. Of course, depends on how much time after weigh-ins you have to replenish lost water, but honestly, 7 pounds ain't shit.
10/4/12 4:48 PM
Leigh
735 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7lbs in 10 days should be pretty straightforward. How you feel at the end of it is a different matter.

You are right on the diet. Get your carbs from veg and fruit other than bananas and starches. Lean protein like chicken, fish and eggs. No dairy, spuds, rice, fruit juice and obviously no bread, pasta or junk food.

This will probably be enough - I can lose 8lbs in 4 days if I diet really hard but it wrecks me. Manipulating sodium and water levels will also help and maybe allow you to eat before the comp. Phone Post
10/4/12 10:52 PM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - 7lbs in 10 days should be pretty straightforward. How you feel at the end of it is a different matter.

You are right on the diet. Get your carbs from veg and fruit other than bananas and starches. Lean protein like chicken, fish and eggs. No dairy, spuds, rice, fruit juice and obviously no bread, pasta or junk food.

This will probably be enough - I can lose 8lbs in 4 days if I diet really hard but it wrecks me. Manipulating sodium and water levels will also help and maybe allow you to eat before the comp. Phone Post
Thanks for the replies. Im very dedicated to my eating habits with are pretty damn clean. I havent had any dairy or wheat, breads, pasta, rice, any grains really, tubers, beans in almost 6months. Absolutely no junk food. I personally cook all my meals. I only drink water or coffee (black), occasional green tea, occasional almond milk. I mainly eat any type of meat and a variety of all kinds of veg with some fruits (mainly avocado & berries, and apple occasionaly). until the competition the only meats I eat will be chicken, fish, or eggs.

I guess I should just continue eating clean and scale back portion sizes over the next 9 days.

I weighed in at 155.8 this morning and after training this evening was 154.5.
Will keep posting progress if anyone is interested. Phone Post
10/4/12 11:28 PM
imkeithhernandez

Sure man... good luck Phone Post
10/5/12 1:53 AM
Leigh
735 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah right. OK yeah have to start eating less. The 3 phases to cutting weight are, from easiest and least effective to hardest and most effective:

1) cut carbs
2) cut calories
3) cut water

Swapping a slice of toast for a carrot is easy. Sitting in a sauna is not. You start at number 1 and see how far that gets you, then go on to number 2 etc.

Over the weekend, increase your water and salt intake. Cut the salt on weds, cut back on water Thurs. If possible, stop water altogether about 12 hours out from weigh ins. You would do longer for a day before weigh in but you can't overly dehydrate yourself. How long do you get after weigh ins before competing?

Vermonter sells a weight cutting program. Not discussed on the day weigh ins with him but his day-before program will have you make weight and go back in 15+lbs heavier. Phone Post
10/5/12 7:51 AM
XmmaAddictX

Leigh - Ah right. OK yeah have to start eating less. The 3 phases to cutting weight are, from easiest and least effective to hardest and most effective:

1) cut carbs
2) cut calories
3) cut water

Swapping a slice of toast for a carrot is easy. Sitting in a sauna is not. You start at number 1 and see how far that gets you, then go on to number 2 etc.

Over the weekend, increase your water and salt intake. Cut the salt on weds, cut back on water Thurs. If possible, stop water altogether about 12 hours out from weigh ins. You would do longer for a day before weigh in but you can't overly dehydrate yourself. How long do you get after weigh ins before competing?

Vermonter sells a weight cutting program. Not discussed on the day weigh ins with him but his day-before program will have you make weight and go back in 15+lbs heavier. Phone Post
Thanks for the great info. I believe I dont have much time after the weigh in. probably about an hour or so.
Ok so my plan of attack for the next few days: carbs are low (approximately 30grams per day), calories restricted and begin loading up on water and salt this weekend and cut all sodium by wed. Sounds like a plan.

This morning I am 153.6. Just finished up breakfast which was half a scoop of protein powder (no carb, only 90 cal per full scoop) and two hardboiled eggs, with a cup of green tea.

Thanks for your help. Some great info. Will definately check out vermonters program. I will be competing again dec 1st and for that competition have the option of day before weigh ins. Looking to take advantage of that opportunity. Phone Post
10/5/12 9:01 AM
Leigh

Good luck. Obviously competing while dehydrated and/or on low blood sugar is no fun so make sure you balance it right Phone Post
10/5/12 6:09 PM
XmmaAddictX

10am snack was half an avocado

12:30pm lunch was 5oz salmon with half cup lettuce, 1/2 cup chopped red pepper and a stalk of celery

5:30pm dinner was 5oz boneless, skinless chicken breast with 1 cup spinich, 1/3 cup chopped pepper. Teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.

thats it for today. Current weight 155.0 Phone Post
10/5/12 6:19 PM
imkeithhernandez

Definitely on the right track..keep it up Phone Post
10/6/12 6:59 AM
XmmaAddictX

This morning 154.4. Will be having 2 eggs for breakfast.
1/2 avocado pureed with water and half scoop protein for lunch.. And 6oz turkey with one cup chopped broccoli for dinner.

Gonna be a tough weekend. Its Thanksgiving. Gotta be dicsiplined. Phone Post
10/6/12 8:03 AM
Leigh

you'll have to do something different - you aren't losing weight Phone Post
10/6/12 8:37 AM
XmmaAddictX

Leigh - you'll have to do something different - you aren't losing weight Phone Post
Got some senna and dandelion root. Am hoping thats gonna help. Phone Post
10/8/12 1:04 PM
XmmaAddictX

Dont think that I am gonna be able to make it without the use of a sauna. Cant cut anymore carbs. They are less than 10rams & only from green leafy veg. My calorie intake yesterday amounted to 500 calories. My weight this morning was 154.8 and feeling pretty sluggish.

I dont think I will be very competitive and strong enough for my minimum of 8 matches.

Gonna compete at the 170lbs class at a whopping weight of 155.
Will make 149 for NAGA north american championships december 1st.

Thanks everybody for your help and great advice. It will definately come in handy for future competitions. Phone Post
10/8/12 1:23 PM
Leigh

From the sounds of it, you should be able to blow up to 170 in just a day or two. At 500 calories a day at 10g of carbs, you are already eating too little for a comp where you weigh in shortly before the match. If that strict regime has you at 155, carbing up should put you up close to the 170 limit. I don't think you'll be hugely outsized, aside from maybe a big cutter
10/8/12 1:36 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i can lose 6-7lbs in a weekend. just pack a heavy backpack and go for a 10 hour hike up steep trails. repeat each day. i still eat a lot and lose the weight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.