UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Contractal Negotiations Between Y2J and WWE

10/4/12 1:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that negotiations between WWE and Chris Jericho have broken down in recent weeks. WWE had hope to sign Jericho to a new deal but Jericho was not happy with the control the company wanted over his outside activities. Jericho who is also a musician asked for complete control over his contract, while WWE wanted him to consider wrestling with them his top priority and to have control over his non-wrestling projects. Had WWE agreed to Jericho's terms he would have been open to returning as soon as this month on a contract which had forty to fifty dates per year, including full-time for cycles and even assisting the developmental program. Jericho also wanted to choose when he appeared for WWE including having time off for tour dates with his band Fozzy, WWE was not in favor of this and thus negotiations ended.
10/4/12 1:18 PM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should back off and let him do whatever he pleases outside the company. They need him working with the developmental program.
10/4/12 2:09 PM
Tom Lawlor
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After his latest run I'm not too excited about him returning. He has been great over the years but not sure if they handicapped him or he has just become stale on his own but this most recent run was disappointing. Phone Post
10/4/12 4:49 PM
FCFBlazer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor - After his latest run I'm not too excited about him returning. He has been great over the years but not sure if they handicapped him or he has just become stale on his own but this most recent run was disappointing. Phone Post
This Phone Post
10/4/12 6:03 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor -  After his latest run I'm not too excited about him returning. He has been great over the years but not sure if they handicapped him or he has just become stale on his own but this most recent run was disappointing. Phone Post

This. 

Those vignettes were solid...

then he debuted.... and did nothing comparable to what was said in those vignettes. I was at the Royal Rumble live and me and my buddies were waiting for "the end of the world," and "the key that was "her." ..... never came

10/4/12 7:10 PM
Nuckin Futs
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Jericho fan and his last run was such a let down. On paper, Punk vs Jericho feud should have been amazing, but it was completely forgettable in the end.

I guess it was knowing the whole time that he was not staying for long.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.