UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Estimating calorie needs w/ HIIT

10/4/12 4:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
amorphous
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am 5'10'' and about 173 pounds. My goal is get to 155 pounds. Using the Benedict equation with my stats my RMR is calculated to be around 1850 calories per day.

I want to do HIIT 3 days per week with some rock climbing/yoga/weights mixed in. Optimally I want to burn fat. I want to lose it as fast as possible but not to the point where I am starving or losing too much muscle.

Obviously HIIT burns a lot of calories, but it seems very difficult if not impossible to estimate what I'm actually burning. (versus regular cardio where you can at least get a crude estimate using your pulse).

How many calories a day should I eat to ensure recovery and adequate nutrition while losing weight at a nice (but healthy) pace?
10/5/12 11:06 AM
Taku
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a chart that has all kinds of stuff on it. Not sure if it has what you are looking for but it is a handy one.

CLICK HERE:

TAKU

10/6/12 8:59 AM
amorphous
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That IS a cool chart. Thank you sir.
10/8/12 5:00 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first of, you're looking to lose body fat, not weight. Just a pet peeve so sorry for the douche-y answer

secondly, don't worry about numbers because unless you're an elite athlete or have a shit ton of a money no formula or equation will get you there. BMR basal metabolic rate, factors in quality of food, nutrient timing, density, quality (mcdonald's vs homemade organic food) etc

as long as you have a clean(er) diet, and doing a good amount of intense activitiy and are aerobically active you'll lose weight. don't stress numbers.

10/9/12 4:01 PM
amorphous

I at least want an estimate is all. I realize it's complicated, but I have a tendency to overeat if I don't. I have a big appetite; I'm always fucking hungry.
10/9/12 4:52 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Counting numbers = failure imo. Anything that makes excersise and dieting more tedious is bad!!! Phone Post
10/9/12 4:56 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -  Counting numbers = failure imo. Anything that makes excersise and dieting more tedious is bad!!! Phone Post

we call it "unsustainable" in the biz but yes VTFU

if you are overeating then there's an underlining problem. In fact, if you'll start burning more you'll start eating more as well. This phenom is less likely in intervals than it is in LSD running but still is worth a mention.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.