UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: I never want to fight Jon Jones

10/4/12 6:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“There’s always been a lot of talks about me moving up to 205, I know Dana has talked about it a lot, all the fans have talked a lot about me moving up and facing Jon Jones, but it’s something I’ve never wanted,” Silva said on Thursday.

Silva has tested the waters at light heavyweight in the past only because the UFC has asked him to do so when they needed him, but he’s never planning a permanent move there.

The long time Brazilian champion has plenty of teammates who could challenge UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, but he’s not going to be one of them.

“I won’t be pretentious to say that I want to move up, especially because there’s other guys in that weight class on our team like Rafael Feijao (Cavalcante), (Antonio Rogerio) Minotoro Nogueira, there’s other guys that could potentially face Jon Jones in the future,” Silva stated.

“What got me this far is I’m grounded, my weight class is 185,” said Silva.

“I’m 37-years old and I feel like I need to be honest and to continue what I’ve built which is keep defending my belt at 185.”

read entire article...

10/4/12 6:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hocky Balboa
10775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/4/12 6:19 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“I’m 37-years old and I feel like I need to be honest and to continue what I’ve built which is keep defending my belt at 185.”

wat?

10/4/12 6:19 PM
Lazer MMA

Yea back to the last reason, the friendship I guess expired when JBJ said what he did.

AS will need to chase GSP to 170 to fight him too IMO.

Nobody wants any!

10/4/12 6:22 PM
UKTT`s official bottom wiper
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can fight who he wants, fuck the haters. Phone Post
10/4/12 6:22 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair enough Phone Post
10/4/12 6:24 PM
sgotwalks
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

......and that is why I will never be able to respect AS the way others feel he is deserving of. 

10/4/12 6:24 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

wat?

I see the children still don't get that Anderson is fighting Bonnar as a FAVOR to save a Brazil card...

10/4/12 6:28 PM
Deaf Forever

In before the plebs say he's ducking even though jones doesn't want to fight Silva.

Let's be real guys, if Jones is truly the "MASSIVE HEAVYWEIGHT FIGHTER WHO CHEATS WITH REACH" that you say he is then him fighting a MW like Silva is a ridiculous mismatch. If Jones is too big to fight Shogun and Rampage then he's too big to fight a 37 year old Silva.

You all want this fight because there's a real possibility that Silva gets wrecked (what you've been praying for for years).
10/4/12 6:30 PM
Shotokanman

Thiaguy - LOL wow.......

I'm a Silva fan, and I have to admit, this is making Silva look really bad.....really really bad

Silva has no problem moving up to 205 to fight Forrest and Bonnar, both of whom, who are slow plodding brawlers, and not even good brawlers at that, because they both have zero power lmao. They are and were the perfect show case matches for Silva

Silva also has no problem fighting the much smaller Gsp either lol

But yet when it comes to Jones....a man who Silva doesn't even know on a personal level....they are all the sudden best friends, and Silva will never fight him lol

Wow just wow. . .

And this is supposed to be the best pound for pound fighter on earth? lmao

Or maybe if Anderson has the belt at LHW half his own team would be gunning for him? He has no use for it. Why is the LHW belt better than the MW belt? Retarded.

Anderson very rarely looks bad in the cage, and as for looking bad for haters like yourself, I'm sure he gives sooooooo much of a fuck.

He is the best pound for pound fighter. No "Suprise" about it.

Or was that supposed to be supposed?
10/4/12 6:32 PM

UGCTT_LnPninja - 

wat?

I see the children still don't get that Anderson is fighting Bonnar as a FAVOR to save a Brazil card...

righ right right...and how about when he said he wouldnt fight or defend the belt this year...just because?

or about the fact that he still wants to fight gsp next...

yeah, keep the spins coming mr. dj

10/4/12 6:33 PM
sgotwalks
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/04/12 6:33 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja - 

wat?

Maybe Anderson should do the organization and all the fans a huge favor and partake in the biggest fight the UFC can possibly provide at this time, and one of, if not, the biggest fight the organization has ever been able to put on. He should also do himself a favor and allow himself to truly attempt to solidify his position as the GOAT of this sport before drifting off into the sunset. As it stands now, he will always have an asterisk beside his name when the discussion of GOAT of this sport comes up.

10/4/12 6:33 PM
Deaf Forever

Edited: 10/04/12 6:36 PM
Fedor refused to fight Overeem and accepted fights with middleweights and Hong Man Choi.

NO OFFENSE to Fedor (I'm a fan) but just about nobody (not Wanderlei, mot Shogun, not even Hendo) except Sakuraba has a record of fighting "all comers" as advertised. Everyone has avoided at least one guy (Shogun ran from Teixara, Wanderlei avoided Stann, Hendo turned down Lil Nog who destroyed him).
10/4/12 6:36 PM
sgotwalks

Deaf Forever - 
sgotwalks - 

......and that is why I will never be able to respect AS the way others feel he is deserving of. 

Fedor refused to fight Overeem and accepted a fights with middleweights and Hong man Choi.

NO OFFENSE to Fedor (I'm a fan) but just about nobody (not Wanderlei, mot Shogun, not even Hendo) except Sakuraba has a record of fighting "all comers" as advertised. Everyone has avoided at least one guy (Shogun ran from Teixara, Wanderlei avoided Stann, Hendo turned down Lil Nog who destroyed him).

Hey! HEY!! This thread is about mocking Anderson for his failure to step up to the plate. You keep Lord Fedor's name out of your blasphemous mouth, you hear?!?!?

10/4/12 6:39 PM
Deaf Forever

Thiaguy - Anderson Silva is a good sized LHW

He makes a good sized LHW.

Anderson is actually bigger then Shogun

Jones is a natural heavy weight in frame, and Jones IS nothing but reach and size....

But Anderson vs Jones IS still a much more fair fight then Gsp vs Anderson is

*sigh* He is not bigger then Shogun. I'm not even going to entertain this baseless (and RIDICULOUS) stupidity.

10/4/12 6:41 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smart.
10/4/12 6:42 PM

Thiaguy - 
Shotokanman - 
Thiaguy - LOL wow.......

I'm a Silva fan, and I have to admit, this is making Silva look really bad.....really really bad

Silva has no problem moving up to 205 to fight Forrest and Bonnar, both of whom, who are slow plodding brawlers, and not even good brawlers at that, because they both have zero power lmao. They are and were the perfect show case matches for Silva

But yet when it comes to Jones....a man who Silva doesn't even know on a personal level....they are all the sudden best friends, and Silva will never fight him lol

Wow just wow. . .

Or maybe if Anderson has the belt at LHW half his own team would be gunning for him? He has no use for it. Why is the LHW belt better than the MW belt? Retarded.

Anderson very rarely looks bad in the cage, and as for looking bad for haters like yourself, I'm sure he gives sooooooo much of a fuck.

LOL at over sensitive little Anderson/zuffa shill flags like this guy^ and others

Newsflash:

I'm more of an Anderson fan then you are!

I just always tell it like it is. I'm not in denial like you and like how many Anderson fans here on the UG are!

I really do like how you couldn't respond to any points I made. You know you have nothing. You KNOW Im right

What I said stands.

There's not even a point responding to the crazy rambling of your butt hurt Amderson fandom post

little fanbois dont get it..dont even bother..they think if you are a fan of a guy you must treat him as a super hero, agree that he can do no wrong, believe he shits rainbows, and jack off to the fathead poster you have of him

anderson is an amazing fighter, the best of all time...i LOVE watching him fight...he also seems like a good person too...

BUT he is definitely avoiding fights that are dangerous..thats the reality..i dont blame him for doing it, but as a fan, i want to see those fights

jones talked about fighting anderson before as an inevitability..its only AFTER silva said he would not fight jones did jones reciprocate out of respect

and lol@this card needing to be saved...go look at the card. its stacked..there was 0 chance 1+ month out from the fight that it would be cancelled...sure, he did the ufc a favor and improved the card, but he did himself an even bigger one getting a million dollar + payday while fighting the biggest underdog in ufc history...you know how else he could do the ufc a favor or improve a card? fight jones which would be the biggest fight in ufc history

10/4/12 6:43 PM
RandyDarsh
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UKTT`s official bottom wiper - He can fight who he wants, fuck the haters. Phone Post
This, he has so many friend in the weight class, make it a superfight so no guy has to move up or down I guess Phone Post
10/4/12 6:51 PM

Jon Jones Open To Fight With Anderson Silva

Jon Jones Open To Fight With Anderson Silva

Source: Gracie Mag

UFC light heavyweight champion Jonny "Bones" Jones is looking to make his mark on the sport of MMA and recently told GracieMag.com that he is willing to do so by taking on the man to whom he is often compared and inspires him to achieve the greatness which he has achieved: UFC middleweight champion and pound-for-pound great Anderson Silva.

"Anderson Silva is the best of all times," said Jones. "It would be more than an honor to fight him, it would be grandiose and huge for the sport."

10/4/12 6:51 PM
ReeferMadness
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should put the AS is the P4P best discussions to bed. It would be a long night of vicious JJ elbows if this fight ever happened.
10/4/12 7:00 PM
Lazer MMA

Shotokanman - 
Thiaguy - LOL wow.......

Wow just wow. . .

"Why is the LHW belt better than the MW belt? So AS has taken on fighters as good as JBJ, Gus, Page, Evens and Shogun, lil Nog and Machida in his reign as MW champ? That is you contention?
10/4/12 7:01 PM
MITman2k
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"And this is supposed to be the best pound for pound fighter on earth? lmao"

Just as a side question, is this just based on him not wanting to fight Jones? And if so, whom would be the best pound for pound fighter in your opinion?

10/4/12 7:04 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/04/12 7:07 PM
Vitor and Chael - both 85ers- had no problem stepping up to fight JBJ, despite the fact that neither one is even close to Andy in terms of skill.

Additionally, Machida and Hendo (IMO both natural 85ers) were also willing to fight Jones. That's bad enought as it is, but what makes it even worse is that Anderson refuses to give Weidman the title shot he deserves.

All he's interested in doing is calling out GSP and asking him to do the exact thing he's not - move up in weight to fight a bigger challenger. Even though I'm Canadian, I'll admit that Andy is probably better than Georges and definitely a more exciting fighter, but at least GSP is willing to go up in weight to give the fans the fight they want to see.
10/4/12 7:10 PM
T Bag

LOFL@ Thiaguy.
I thought that retard was banned?
10/4/12 7:10 PM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UKTT`s official bottom wiper -  He can fight who he wants, fuck the haters. Phone Post

Lamest "excuse" ever. He should fight whoever Dana tells him to fight. That's his job.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.