UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Shoulder pain, need advice.

10/4/12 11:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sewich
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I jacked up my shoulder. Most of my rom is OK(presses, pulls). But a example of what hurts is if I hold my arm out straight(Jesus christ pose) and then they to rotate(pouring a bottle of water ) I can't without a sharp pain , especially when rotating back up to starting position. I'm going to go see a doctor and don't want to get the run around and would like to have some idea of what to expect. Am I probably looking at surgery? If so what is the time frame on rehab? I will be waiting until the new year so I can change my insurance plan(I took a high deductable to lower premium since I don't use it much at all). Phone Post
10/4/12 11:23 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sounds like a rotator cuff tear Phone Post
10/4/12 11:57 PM
Badmonkey

Did this just happen? When did the injury accure?

10/5/12 12:47 AM
HERTSWENIP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing an MD can do, is prescribe meds, or surgery, cos that's all they're trained to do.

I've personally had awesome results with ART, along with dozens of others I personally know.

www.activerelease.com type in your zip, and seek out a chiropractor in your area with the ART certifications for spine and upper extremity.

Results are immediately noticetable, thank me later.
10/5/12 1:32 AM
SHUTD0WN
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possibly labrum tear.
Had the same problem.
Went in for an Ortho scope n found that it tore rite off Phone Post
10/5/12 2:26 AM
MattB ATC
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the pain located in the anterior (front) part of the shoulder or posterior (back)? Can you mark on a photo where specifically it hurts? It is hard to give too much advice or suggestions with the information given. Could be something as small as shoulder impingement or more significant issues with trauma to the labrum or rotator cuff.

How did you first injure it? Has this been an ongoing issue or something new? Any pain when trying to sleep?
10/5/12 3:49 AM
Spartan79

You may have impingement of the supruspinatus or a partial tear. Your Dr should be able to do a impingement test for you. Best to get a MRI scan and go from there. Good luck shoulder injures are a right pain in the arse . Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.