UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bonnar: It feels like I'm in a movie

10/4/12 11:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Yeah, a chance to fight the greatest pound-for-pound in the world in a place like Brazil is just crazy," he said. "It feels like I'm in a movie."

Bonnar is no fool. He is aware that he'll be considered a historic underdog at UFC 153. He also knows the limitations of his fighting style. That doesn't make it any less exciting for him to step in with Silva. After all, this is what he wanted. A fight against a big name. A fight against someone who mattered, even if it wasn't for a title.

It was almost a vindication of his career philosophy.

"I just did it for fun, not really for any belts," he said of his career, speaking in the past tense like the retired fighter he was just a few weeks ago. "And now I’m fighting the greatest pound-for-pound guy who’s been the champion for a long time and it’s not for a belt. And you think if I pull off an upset against Anderson Silva, it’s not going to be as sweet because it’s not for a belt? Hell no. It’s going to be the greatest moment of my life.

read entire article...

10/4/12 11:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
irishrottie
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure Forrest felt the same when he was getting his head dribbled around the cage while punching air.

10/4/12 11:45 PM
Kid Salami
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SUPREME CHAMPION 2?

10/5/12 12:00 AM
BshMstr
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bonnar was retired?!?
10/5/12 12:02 AM
Roy Batty
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Somebody needs to post the Chris Tucker "You got...KTFO!" gif from Friday.
10/5/12 12:08 AM
Hocky Balboa
10780 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - Bonnar was retired?!?

He said on a UFC post-fight show on FUEL that he basically was leaving the sport unless he was given a big name like "Rampage" or if he could coach TUF with Forrest.

He didn't exactly say he was retiring, but hintly strongly towards it; So much so, that his colleagues thanked him for his years in the sport.

I'm a Silva fan, but good for Bonnar.  He deserves this fight, win or lose.

10/5/12 12:11 AM
BshMstr
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa - 

He said on a UFC post-fight show on FUEL that he basically was leaving the sport unless he was given a big name like "Rampage" or if he could coach TUF with Forrest.

He didn't exactly say he was retiring, but hintly strongly towards it; So much so, that his colleagues thanked him for his years in the sport.

Wow....now this fight makes more sense. Dana's always said he'd take care of Griffin and Bonnar, so i guess he gave him a great fight to go out on.
10/5/12 12:17 AM
Fake Pie
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can take Silva down and put him in a bad spot. Lutter did.
10/5/12 12:18 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunatley I think Bonnar gets killed in this movie....

10/5/12 12:22 AM
Hocky Balboa
10780 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - 
Hocky Balboa - 

Wow....now this fight makes more sense. Dana's always said he'd take care of Griffin and Bonnar, so i guess he gave him a great fight to go out on.

Just found the video of what I referred to earlier.

It is from about 3 months back. Go to about 4:40 into the video.

10/5/12 9:01 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The movie Bonnar is in?

A remake of 'The Accused'.

Just need a pinball machine placed inside the Octagon. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.