UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz: "Silva fighting Bonnar and not me is a joke"

10/5/12 5:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RayRaysFunhouse
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry if this has been posted already, wasn't on the first page.

"If I was making a joke, like, 'Who are they gonna get to fight Anderson Silva, right now? Me or Stephan Bonnar?' it would have been a big, laughing matter. It's a joke. But, you know, that's what's happening at this point in time. So, that's fine. But, if I was Anderson Silva, and I'm on my way out of this sport, at 37 or whatever, I'm looking to do a couple more fights, if that. I'd want to fulfill my legacy. I'm not gonna be able to do that with Stephan Bonnar. That's just the way I see it."

How do you think a fight like this would go? I'd go with Andy in the first. Silva doesn't engage, Diaz starts taunting, Silva pulls the trigger and finishes by TKO. Phone Post
10/5/12 5:53 AM
FutonCushion
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see Diaz fight Silva.  Not going to happen, though. 

10/5/12 5:55 AM
SupesUp
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well considering that fight would have to take place in a parking lot given the fact you got yourself suspended I can't say I blame the guy. Phone Post
10/5/12 5:57 AM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bonnar is a much bigger threat than Diaz...rofl...Diaz is ranked better in his division, but Bonnar would slap the ghetto out of diaz.
10/5/12 5:58 AM
Kimbos Bread
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Bonnard wins. And the world doesn't explode I could see him getting a rematch with Jon jones Phone Post
10/5/12 5:58 AM
Malvert the Janitor
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson has great hands (duh) and, in my opinion, better head movement than Diaz. Diaz takes shots to land shots. That wouldn't be a good idea against Silva. Phone Post
10/5/12 6:15 AM
flyingdman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp - Well considering that fight would have to take place in a parking lot given the fact you got yourself suspended I can't say I blame the guy. Phone Post
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Phone Post
10/5/12 6:18 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bonnar has a much better chance of winning than Diaz. Diaz also lost his last fight at WW while BOnnar has won 3 in a row at LHW. The joke is that Diaz is still suspended and he thinks he should be getting big fights in the mean time.
10/5/12 6:32 AM
RayRaysFunhouse
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did go on to say that he knows he is still suspended and can't have the fight.
I think we all agree Silva would annihilate him.
I think if Daley can rock Diaz then Silva would have no problem KO'ing him. His power is very underrated.
I think Bisping against Diaz would be a good fight. More competitive than most people are assuming but maybe it's just wishful thinking. Bisping doesn't really have KO power (fighting other MWs, dunno about fighting a WW) but great technical boxing, and huge size/strength advantage.
Diaz would have the speed advantage and MAYBE a slight cardio advantage, but Bisping is no slouch there either. I think it'd be worth watching. Phone Post
10/5/12 7:03 AM
Fedoral Crime
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think of it like this, if Diaz couldn't stop Condit from picking his shots when they fought, what the fuck would he do against Anderson? If that fight were to happen tomorrow I'd bet every cent i have on Silva. I probably wouldn't win that much but I think Ive made my point. Good day to you all, and may God bless gays everywhere. Phone Post
10/5/12 9:02 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmao @ diaz Phone Post
10/5/12 9:04 AM
Lazer MMA

Source?
10/5/12 9:14 AM
Cock and Awe

Carlos Condit is much more of a threat to Anderson Silva than Nick Diaz will ever be. Sorry, Nick can't handle Muay Thai's leg kicks at all. He is like a stubborn bull who just won't learn and would be chopped down. I would pay to see Condit vs A. Silva at a catchweight.
10/5/12 9:40 AM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put down the bong, Nick
10/5/12 9:48 AM
OriginalTUFer

"Bonnar has a much better chance of winning than Diaz. Diaz also lost his last fight at WW while BOnnar has won 3 in a row at LHW."

Do you really think this is a compelling argument? Can you think of an example that would render such a point moot? Phone Post
10/5/12 9:49 AM
T Bag

Man...talk about delusional.
10/5/12 9:52 AM
Ansari
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone should inform Nick that he is under suspension.

10/5/12 10:00 AM
jdindiana
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flyingdman -
SupesUp - Well considering that fight would have to take place in a parking lot given the fact you got yourself suspended I can't say I blame the guy. Phone Post
Lol, this Phone Post
10/5/12 10:12 AM
ranier wolfcastle
936 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

octowussy - Silva stepped in to save the card, at a higher weight class. It's not like he asked for Bonnar.

Diaz wouldn't go to 185 to fight Mayhem. How exactly is he expecting to face Silva?

good point

nick couldnt beat condit, hes never beating silva

its cool that he wants to try though

10/5/12 10:18 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jdindiana -
flyingdman -
Lol, this Phone Post
Nothing more to be said Phone Post
10/5/12 10:20 AM
bjws

octowussy - Silva stepped in to save the card, at a higher weight class. It's not like he asked for Bonnar.

Diaz wouldn't go to 185 to fight Mayhem. How exactly is he expecting to face Silva?

Very solid point. This man speaks the truth.
10/5/12 10:22 AM
HenryO

Anderson/Diaz is a way better fight
10/5/12 10:28 AM
UKTT`s official bottom wiper
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

10/5/12 10:33 AM
Card
1984 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it Feb 2013 yet? Can't wait to see Nick back in action.

10/5/12 10:54 AM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His brain power "outside" the cage is the exact reason why Silva is fighting Bonnar making millions, and he is suspended making nothing... with his talent he needs to stop thinking and just fight within the rules and guidance of his management and then he will "actually get" options!
Just my 2 cents... he's always negative or bitching. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.