UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 5 Stock Portfolio

10/5/12 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
karasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/05/12 2:05 PM

This is an update to my "Stock Tips" thread. I own all of these stocks. They are all close to my initial buy in price. I own other equities but will not recommend them here because the current gains have placed them well above my initial buy in or they do not meet my criteria for my OG 5 Stock Portfolio(expensive share price $50andUP, too speculative, etc.)

1. NYSE Euronext, Inc. (NYX)

2. Kronos Worldwide Inc. (KRO)

3. World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE)

4. Nokia Corporation (NOK)

5. ProShares Short S&P500 (SH)

#5 is to balance out the portfolio and provide protection

ALL OF THESE COULD SUCK AND END UP LOSING YOU $$$. THIS IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR EDUCATING YOURSELF. I COULD SELL ANY OF THESE STOCKS AT ANY TIME.
10/5/12 1:22 PM
clattymine
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does Kronos do? Never heard of them. Phone Post
10/5/12 1:25 PM
PoWdA101
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clattymine -  What does Kronos do? Never heard of them. Phone Post

If this is the same Kronos that mkes time keeping software for companies I wouldn't buy stock in them with someone elses money after working with their products. I know they have been around forever but I could probably make more user friendly software after a beginner programming class. I HATE Kronos and spend a large amount of my time not only trying to figure out my own timecard but fielding calls from other users that can't figure it out. Maybe they have some good apps out there but my god our setup is beyond terrible.

10/5/12 1:26 PM
PoWdA101
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoWdA101 - 

If this is the same Kronos that mkes time keeping software for companies I wouldn't buy stock in them with someone elses money after working with their products. I know they have been around forever but I could probably make more user friendly software after a beginner programming class. I HATE Kronos and spend a large amount of my time not only trying to figure out my own timecard but fielding calls from other users that can't figure it out. Maybe they have some good apps out there but my god our setup is beyond terrible.

Okay I googled what OP put for Kronos. It does not appear to be them at all. Still, fuck Kronos or anything with the name Kronos on it.

10/5/12 1:26 PM
superiordanes
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thx Phone Post
10/5/12 1:27 PM
karasu

"Look around you. Look at the paint on the walls, the plastic in your computer's case, the paper on your desk, the fibers of our clothes... even some foods and cosmetics, they all look better because of titanium dioxide pigment. KRONOS is a global leader in the manufacturing and sale of this remarkable product with six manufacturing sites in North America and Europe and sales offices throughout the world."-----

http://www.kronostio2.com/
10/5/12 1:43 PM
karasu

Edited: 10/05/12 2:13 PM
WHY THESE STOCKS?

Well, I would love to recommend IBM, GOOGLE, Exxon Mobile, Ralph Lauren Polo, McDonald's, WholeFoodsMarket, Procter&Gamble, COKE, Siemens, or any other GREAT names.

Thing is we have had a great rally and those Big Name stocks could continue to go up but the BIG move has happened and so I wanted to find some bargains that could benefit from the last leg of the RALLY.

I tried to find a good mix of affordably priced stocks that offer a good dividend, stability, and chance of growth.

(NOK) and (SH) are the two riskiest. (NOK) has a good dividend yield and is cheap, making it affordable for the small investor to use as a speculative pick, but even though it is risky it is still a big name company.

Think of (SH) as insurance. Your whole life, month after month, you throw money away on insurance. Car insurance, house insurance, medical insurance etc. It sucks and you may never really benefit from that loss of money but it's necessary for protection.
10/5/12 2:01 PM
TDre42
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in to get some learns
10/5/12 2:08 PM
karasu

My #1 Stock TIP:

10/5/12 2:10 PM
Joe Ray

The market is topping.

Get long the VIX when it hits 13 or 14.

I'm running the profits on my positions and am getting ready to sell them when my targets are reached.

10/5/12 2:19 PM
karasu

Joe Ray - The market is topping.

Get long the VIX when it hits 13 or 14.

I'm running the profits on my positions and am getting ready to sell them when my targets are reached.

you could be right, but the trend points higher and we are still above the 200 day moving average. There are signs and plenty of news to support the bull & the bear.

I did try and take this into consideration in creating this portfolio. It is why I looked for bargains that hopefully has less room to fall along with the recommendation of (SH) to provide protection.

If we do get a correction it will be an opportunity for me to add $$$ to my positions. If not, these names have room to move and will hopefully benefit from a continued uptrend.
10/5/12 2:24 PM
Joe Ray

I agree I think the market has room to move higher.

But not that much higher.

Anyway I am determined to live by the adage "be greedy when everyone is being fearful and fearful when everyone is being greedy".

Right now the VIX is at 5 year lows and the market is at 5 year highs.

I wouldn't be too confident.

10/5/12 2:34 PM
karasu

One benefit to these names. They already offer good yield. If there is a market correction, then there is even greater dividend benefit allowing to acquire more shares at an even better price improving the cost basis. Of course one can always use their own cash reserves to buy more shares if the market presents the opportunity.

If the market contiues to go up a for some time, then hopefully these stocks will benefit from that and enjoy an increase in their share price.
10/5/12 2:37 PM
karasu

Of course I could be wrong about all this and these things could be the Market SUCKS and I will lose my OG cred and I will not be remembered for my former stock picks:

(GE) @ around $15

(BAC) @ $5

(S) @ $2something

(MSFT) @ $24-$25
10/5/12 2:39 PM
karasu

....and (PEP) in the $40's :)
10/5/12 2:45 PM
karasu

Edited: 10/05/12 2:48 PM
now it's back to focusing on building true wealth, my Spiritual Development, before I get too sucked into Market$ excitement again!
10/5/12 2:47 PM
karasu

I hope this portfolio turns out to be of benefit. If you make some $$$ be sure to share a bit of those profits with a good charitable cause :)
10/5/12 3:06 PM
clattymine
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

karasu - I hope this portfolio turns out to be of benefit. If you make some $$$ be sure to share a bit of those profits with a good charitable cause :)
I get boat loads of advce from my brother, I always try to mail him random shit as a thank you. It's important to payback when you get good advice. It ensures it will still come freely. But you should do this with everything in your life anyway. Phone Post
10/6/12 7:41 AM
Joe Ray

Karasu, I am based in the UK and there are some good weekly investing magazines that detail all manner of stocks, sectors and trends but all with a UK focus.

What are the best investing weeklies in the US that focus on that market?

If they are any good I may take out a subscription.

Thanks.
10/6/12 12:14 PM
tiger07
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
10/6/12 2:56 PM
karasu

Joe Ray - Karasu, I am based in the UK and there are some good weekly investing magazines that detail all manner of stocks, sectors and trends but all with a UK focus.

What are the best investing weeklies in the US that focus on that market?

If they are any good I may take out a subscription.

Thanks.

Some popular publications(you may already be familiar with them)

WallStreetJournal, Barron's, Investor's Business Daily, The Economist, Forbes, Kiplinger's, Smart Money, Money Magazine, Business Week,.......

Check out their websites and see what you like. Also

CNBC.Com to watch their programs like "SquawkBox", "FastMoney", "MadMoney"..... but be very careful about buying any recommendations, just use it for ideas and then do your own research(which you probably already do).

"Mad Money" Jim Cramer is very popluar in the USA. Loved and Hated. If you watch his program I would really recommend reading his books to supplement that. It will give you a much better understanding of him and how to watch his show.
10/6/12 3:15 PM
Joe Ray

Cheers.

I'm familiar with most of those but I'll check the ones I haven't heard of out.
10/6/12 3:19 PM
Timmy O Toole
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
10/6/12 3:51 PM
Joe Ray

I get overly bored at weekends now because markets are closed.

I was off work all week and spent most of the weekdays watching financial markets and following the newsflow.

I think there is something wrong with me.

10/6/12 3:51 PM
Joe Ray

I now look really forward to Mondays, because markets are open again.

I normally despise Mondays.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.