UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 5 Stock Portfolio

3/14/14 2:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
karasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UPDATE:

sold: (ORAN) for 25% GAIN!!!! BIG WIN!!!!

bought: (RSX) @ around $21.60
3/14/14 2:25 PM
karasu

NEW 5 STOCK PORTFOLIO:

1. (NTE)

2. (INTC)

3. (MFG)

4. (XRX)

5. (RSX)

FOR HISTORY OF RESULTS TO DATE READ WHOLE THREAD BIG WIN!!!

3/14/14 2:30 PM
karasu

it is curious to know how many karasu HATERS made some money this thread?

winning friends one HATER at a time :)
3/14/14 2:33 PM
TheEssence
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In? Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 3:11 PM
kungfugrip

why stocks instead of mutual funds...spread out the risk over 100s of companies?
3/14/14 3:26 PM
karasu

kungfugrip - why stocks instead of mutual funds...spread out the risk over 100s of companies?

read WHOLE thead and get back to me with this question ;)

You think I can generate that kind BIG WIN with the mutual funds?
3/14/14 3:56 PM
kungfugrip

my mistake
3/14/14 5:28 PM
2old
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im mostly in gold companies now - im up a lot - gsc, guy, and img - i bought at .50, 1.70, and 4.19 thoughts on them?i take my advice from a squash partner who dabbles in the market - he's made me about 100k so far Phone Post
3/14/14 5:40 PM
karasu

2old - Im mostly in gold companies now - im up a lot - gsc, guy, and img - i bought at .50, 1.70, and 4.19 thoughts on them?i take my advice from a squash partner who dabbles in the market - he's made me about 100k so far Phone Post

my thoughts = if true take your profits and enjoy

3/14/14 6:06 PM
2old
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not stick for a bit? I'm thinking gold will go up, but what do I know Phone Post
3/14/14 6:09 PM
2old

Maybe I'll follow you too - thing is, i can dabble and i don't get fussed if a stock drops, i just wait it out - hard part is knowing when to sell Phone Post
4/23/14 12:34 PM
karasu

UPDATE: (NTE) went through name/story change.......this morning I sold same range I purchased....think I purchased about $7.50 and sold at about $7.60.......

I have been also been doing some selling in my personal portfolio outside the '5 Stock Portfolio' to raise cash........

summary: Sold (NTE) capital preservation BIG WIN!
4/23/14 12:48 PM
karasu

note:

I am still LONG the markets......just selling things I need to for locking in profits and capital preservation for future buying opportunities.

Short term there will be some corrections and buying opportunities......long term(life-time frame) stocks are a great investment.......BIG WIN

I am always long stocks and houses.......just I like to buy things on sale instead of pay a full price BIG CHEAP........
4/23/14 1:57 PM
cruedi
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want really big wins look into using options instead of stocks. You % gain can go up exponentially.
4/23/14 2:20 PM
karasu

cruedi - If you want really big wins look into using options instead of stocks. You % gain can go up exponentially.

I have been averaging over 30% returns last 3 years......

READ WHOLE THREAD and look the BIG WIN.......can options do better than that?

This is for a small investor like me with limited funds to create wealth.

Sure we are all supposed to diversify....save 6months emergency....pay off all debts....fund 401k/IRA.....bonds, stocks, mutual funds, options/put...etc.......but average person is lucky to save 10% of each paychecks.........

so I am trying to help who has a small amount to work with........
4/23/14 2:24 PM
karasu

karasu - 
cruedi - If you want really big wins look into using options instead of stocks. You % gain can go up exponentially.

Sure we are all supposed to diversify....save 6months emergency....pay off all debts....fund 401k/IRA.....bonds, stocks, mutual funds, options/put...etc.......but average person is lucky to save 10% of each paychecks.........

......if a person only has $5k or $10k to invest....it is hard to do all the recommended diversification.....

so it's why I made a FIVE stock portfolio.......$1k divide into 5 stocks.....and look the returns!

can you do diversify with options with $5k?
4/23/14 3:19 PM
GROUNDnLB
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cruedi - If you want really big wins look into using options instead of stocks. You % gain can go up exponentially.
Options forces you to be correct in a limits time window. You will be decimated if your call is off by a couple of months.

Big upside, very big downside. If you can consistently call stock trends and be correct on timing, you are better than 99.99% of the millionaire money managers on Wall Street. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:28 PM
karasu

GROUNDnLB - 
cruedi - If you want really big wins look into using options instead of stocks. You % gain can go up exponentially.
Options forces you to be correct in a limits time window. You will be decimated if your call is off by a couple of months.

Big upside, very big downside. If you can consistently call stock trends and be correct on timing, you are better than 99.99% of the millionaire money managers on Wall Street. Phone Post 3.0

Options forces you to be correct in a limits time window. You will be decimated if your call is off by a couple of months.-----

yeah, it seems a strategy that does not apply for which I am trying to accomplish with this investing experiment......
4/23/14 3:40 PM
cdmontgo
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This seems like a lot of work. The Vanguard Total Stock Market fund gained over 33% in 2013. It has been hard not to profit lately. Set it and forget it.
4/23/14 4:15 PM
Nodus Inc
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:56 PM
karasu

cdmontgo - This seems like a lot of work. The Vanguard Total Stock Market fund gained over 33% in 2013. It has been hard not to profit lately. Set it and forget it.

I have done better......
4/23/14 5:17 PM
cruedi
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

karasu - 

My options have been up way more that 30% over that time frame, you can also play to the negative with options. You can use the same types of stops and limits to get out if you need.

It's small investors that benefit from options. I've got some HAL options that are currently up over 110% in few months. If you bought the stock you would be up about 8 in that time frame.
4/23/14 5:33 PM
karasu

returns:

3/8/13: "This morning I sold all my shares of (NYX) @ around $38.15 to lock in a gain of over 50%"

9/5/13 "for fun let us lock in (NOK) for a BIG WIN"(100% gainer) bought: $2.68 and sold $5.55 range......

locking in profits @ around 20%

9/13/13: "After originally locking in profits @ around 20% I sold my few remaing shares of (KRO) today"

12/30/04: "UPDATE: I have over 100% BIG WIN of (ING) so I will now make a change! result = (ING) more 100% gain BIG WIN!!!!!"

3/14/14: "sold: (ORAN) for 25% GAIN!!!! BIG WIN!!!!"

4/23/14 5:42 PM
karasu

cruedi - 
karasu - 

My options have been up way more that 30% over that time frame, you can also play to the negative with options. You can use the same types of stops and limits to get out if you need.

It's small investors that benefit from options. I've got some HAL options that are currently up over 110% in few months. If you bought the stock you would be up about 8 in that time frame.

same how I said before....this experiment is to provide example to small novice investors......

if you feel you can do better you should create own thread to show actions and document results as I have done.

I would like to observe that thread and see what I could learn from it. I would like you to put real money to work as I have done and explain amounts used.

I have used a 5 stock portfolio example which allows small investor 1k or 2k for each position.

you say a small investor can do this. I have prove a small investor can. I think 5k is a reasonable example of a small novice investor.

good luck and I hope I can learn something what you have to share with us.
4/23/14 5:46 PM
karasu

karasu - returns:

3/8/13: "This morning I sold all my shares of (NYX) @ around $38.15 to lock in a gain of over 50%"

9/5/13 "for fun let us lock in (NOK) for a BIG WIN"(100% gainer) bought: $2.68 and sold $5.55 range......

locking in profits @ around 20%

9/13/13: "After originally locking in profits @ around 20% I sold my few remaing shares of (KRO) today"

12/30/04: "UPDATE: I have over 100% BIG WIN of (ING) so I will now make a change! result = (ING) more 100% gain BIG WIN!!!!!"

3/14/14: "sold: (ORAN) for 25% GAIN!!!! BIG WIN!!!!"

if my maths equations are correct rounding up 1% that is a gain of 60%

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.