UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> rec good books...

10/7/12 2:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YoungGunABKJ
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/07/12 2:53 AM

psychology books mostly

like profiling, serial killers, mob.

how to con someone
on behavior
sociology stuff

stuff like that.
10/9/12 10:34 PM
Ali
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/10/12 1:08 AM
I'm not sure if these are the sorts of things you're looking for, but since no one else has responded after a couple days, I'll just start.

The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout.
Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson.

Those are more social psychology.

Maybe:
How to Think About Weird Things: Critical Thinking for a New Age by Theodore Schick

That's really a good book on critical thinking, with a bunch of social psychology background examples. (Mostly superstition). So this is really a bit of a left turn from what you're asking for, but... maybe.
10/10/12 10:19 PM
YoungGunABKJ
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no those are great man, anything to improve. i amy not have thought to study something like that ya know. so again thanks

keep them coming
10/11/12 1:58 AM
Ali
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have not read these, but have had them recommended by someone I trust who was was reading in preparation for producing a play involving a serial killer. The first is a book by an FBI profiler; the second a psychology book about serial/multiple killers. Please look them up on Amazon or other review sites and see if they look promising -- mixed reviews on the first one in particular. But they're on topic for what you're asking about, certainly.

"Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit" by John Douglas and Mark Olshake

"Hunting Humans: The Rise of the Modern Multiple Murderer" by Elliott Leyton
10/11/12 2:21 AM
YoungGunABKJ

i ordered the first one yesterday

ill check into the other

thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.