UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Nash will make Howard seem Unstoppable

10/7/12 4:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MadDog243
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know some of you like poundforpound don't believe Nash has anything left to offer your franchise. I have already made the case for why he is the best PG Kobe has ever played with and why he is the best PG for you guys since Magic.

But where you will really feel Nash's effect is when you see him and Howard run the pick and roll. Nash is the best pick and roll PG in the league and Howard may be the best pick and roll big in the league. That title used to belong to Amare Stoudemire. But I think his performance in new york when looked at on the whole shows you that while he is a good player...Nash made him look like a once in a generation big man.

I sincerely think he will have the same impact on Howard, and teams like my rag tag Suns will suffer for it. Nash can deliver Howard the ball at angles teams don't even fucking know how to diagram for.

As long as Kobe doesn't "MY TEAM" the locker room or some other kind of absurd chemistry ruining situation ala the 2003-2004 lakers...I REALLY hate to say it but the Lakers the the easy pick for the title. The Heat most likely come out of the east again, but LA is good in every way OKC was not and with the current rosters are a VERY bad matchup for Miami. What stiff would they throw at Howard getting spoonfed Nash through the legs bounce passes...joel anthony?
10/8/12 5:19 AM
Kamran
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog243 - I know some of you like poundforpound don't believe Nash has anything left to offer your franchise. I have already made the case for why he is the best PG Kobe has ever played with and why he is the best PG for you guys since Magic.

But where you will really feel Nash's effect is when you see him and Howard run the pick and roll. Nash is the best pick and roll PG in the league and Howard may be the best pick and roll big in the league. That title used to belong to Amare Stoudemire. But I think his performance in new york when looked at on the whole shows you that while he is a good player...Nash made him look like a once in a generation big man.

I sincerely think he will have the same impact on Howard, and teams like my rag tag Suns will suffer for it. Nash can deliver Howard the ball at angles teams don't even fucking know how to diagram for.

As long as Kobe doesn't "MY TEAM" the locker room or some other kind of absurd chemistry ruining situation ala the 2003-2004 lakers...I REALLY hate to say it but the Lakers the the easy pick for the title. The Heat most likely come out of the east again, but LA is good in every way OKC was not and with the current rosters are a VERY bad matchup for Miami. What stiff would they throw at Howard getting spoonfed Nash through the legs bounce passes...joel anthony?

Fine, but you're working under the assumption that Howard will be the same player after back surgery.

Or do you think even a diminished Howard is enough?
10/8/12 2:56 PM
MadDog243
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is the risk you run with knees. A diminished Howard would probably cripple that organization...him without the athleticism is no better than someone like Josh Powell.

But I bet with the body that guy has he probably will be the same guy. What he needs to do though is stop talking about working with Hakeem and actually start integrating some of those mesmerizing post moves into his game. Howard still wants to go over and through everybody, which is fuckin great for us watching...but its also how you ruin your knees.

Again see: Stoudemire, Amare.
10/8/12 11:40 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/08/12 11:44 PM
I've said that Nash can still be a good floor general. I just think he's going to be a liability on the defensive end.

One major weakness of the Lakers in recent playoff runs has been quick point guards torching us (remember JJ Barea?) Don't see that changing just because Nash is on board.

10/9/12 8:26 AM
dangerboy12
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nash during the regular season will lead LA to the #1 seed.

During the playoffs, he needs to become an off the ball shooter. The good teams are always able to stop a PG lead offense.

If LA follows this strategy they will win the title. If they don't let Nash run the team during the regular season, they won't get home court, and they will lose to a team that does. If they let Nash run the team in the playoffs, teams will make him score, his teammates will get frustrated, Lakers will lose.
10/10/12 2:09 AM
EKPOGI
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed,but I think you are underestimating Dwight's offense.His post moves are better now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.