UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Chikara NC show - Taylor possibly injured

10/7/12 9:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mudbone
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We just got home from the Chikara show in Gibsonville.

Overall it was a fun show. They changed the card up a bit. The final match was a 10-man match. Toward the end of the match, Chuck Taylor took a bad kick to the knee and it looked like it bend backwards. It looked pretty bad.

We did get a chance to have a brief chat with the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger after the show. He stayed in character, but was a lot of fun and he posed for picture with me and my kids. That guy is hysterical. According to him Sapphire was not in attendance due to a bad case of diarrhea.
10/7/12 11:54 PM
Endless
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just wrote "Knee Explosion" on twitter, so he probably is hurt. This Sucks Balls...
10/8/12 12:39 AM
fryabusa
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I plan, in the very near future, posting a proposed screen name bet that will involve the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger.

10/8/12 7:53 AM
mudbone
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger won his match, he cut a promo where he talked about how he has been soaring high, but he is getting ready to "touch down", so I think a showdown is inevitable.
10/8/12 7:54 AM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any updates? Sounds like a blown ACL.. Phone Post
10/8/12 10:26 AM
mudbone

Stay tuned, it happened only about 14 hours ago - so it may take him a while to get an official prognosis.

10/8/12 10:37 AM
mudbone

Some other highlights of the show --

During the final match, Hallowicked and one of the Batiri came flying out of the ring, they landed right in between my 8 year old boy and partially on my wife.

My wife was laughing/screaming, and Wicked looked like he slammed his elbow pretty bad. It was total chaos but my 8 year old leaned over into Wicked's face and said "I love you! Can I have your autograph?" Wicked laughed, talked some gibberish and told him to see him in the lobby after the show.

We talked with Quack and Gavin on the way out of the venue, and gave the Bravados a thumbs up. The Bravados got a mixed reaction since they were relatively local. They had on their Carolina blue gear, so the did get somewhat of a local pop.

After the show we talked to Donst and Hammermeir. We let Tim know that my kids were singing "Who's the Man" for weeks after the first iPPV. He got a kick out of that.

I also had a brief conversation with Ultramantis Black, mainly just to hear him speak - there is something about his accent that really cracks me up. I bought a shirt from him and he said "my good man" to me a couple times.

Ophidian signed my 11 year old boys shirt, and we let him know that my boy had dressed up for him on Halloween last year. He said he remembered the picture we posted on FB and that he really, really liked the costume.

So -- like I said last year. If you have kids and there is a Chikara show near you, definitely check it out. Every one of the wrestlers was great with my kids, and my whole family loved the show - even my wife who is not normally a fan.
10/8/12 5:50 PM
RKing85
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope it's nothing serious.

I am a huge fan of Chuck Taylor.
10/8/12 6:54 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened to the Shakira sex tape?  Was that a hoax?

11/2/12 11:15 AM
mudbone

Video of the event (not the Shakira tape) is available at Smart Marks.

Chuck's injury looks nasty in the video. He takes a hard dropkick to the front of his knee and his leg bends backwards.

The card overall is not awesome. Some of the matches are sloppy, and the ropes caused a lot of problems throughout the night.

Still, there are some great highlights that include a halftime break during the Bravado/Throwbacks match. It ends with one of the Bravados doing a cheer with Veronica's pompoms.

It was fun to watch the spot when hallowicked crashed into us. I was vindicated (a little) when I noticed that I actually tried to protect my 8 year old. My wife caught the brunt of it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.