UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Tendonitis in my wrists. Any Advice?

10/9/12 9:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last week at the gym the wrist issues id had got to the point of being actually painful so i went to the doctors and was diagnosed with tendonitis in my wrists. I've been told to lay off the weights for 6 to 8 weeks and then begin a rehab style regime. i was wondering if anyone had any advice for me or workouts that would go easy on my wrists so i don't lose any fitness in the mean time.
10/9/12 10:04 AM
jeremy hamilton
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?product_id=wraps_iron_wristz

10/10/12 7:17 PM
MbA7601
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man I had something very similar and I ended up taking close to a month off... I tried taking a few days here and there even up to a week at one point, didnt help.. Wasn't til I took about 4 weeks off that it completely went away... Rest really is key man Phone Post
10/10/12 10:08 PM
blaznbison24
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to frequently get that. I'd switch over to dumbbells, and the pain seemed to disappear. Treat with heating pads and stay away from the anti-inflammatories.
10/11/12 6:01 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will always recommend Active Release for any soft tissue issue. You can find a local provider at www.activerelease.com. It has literally changed my life. I went from needing knee braces to run injury free and not being able to squat or dl to not needing braces and being able to deep squat with weight. More importantly I have zero pain.

A single visit cured me of quadriceps tendinitis I picked up during a long endurance race, and a few visits totally cured me of a chronic IT band problem that would flare up. I've sent my athlete friends to my guy with issues varying from a simple wrist ache to massive leg issues, and all have had great results. Most insurance will cover it with a copay. It's worth a shot. I waited forever to try it after being advised to go by athletes and trainers. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long.

With that said, I had a wrist injury that massively reduced my ROM and would frequently flare up and cause pain. I was able to nurse it back to health following these two complexes 3x/week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-hlWgH3_0NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2w1PeSR8G4
10/13/12 3:53 PM
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey, i appreciate the help and plan on looking into all your suggestions, thanks a lot.
10/13/12 3:54 PM
Devlin

hey, i appreciate the help and plan on looking into all your suggestions, thanks a lot.
10/13/12 9:09 PM
banco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people can get it (or aggravate it) from doing low rep heavy curls (often with a lot of body english). If this is the case for you when you get back to training decrease the rest time (ie to 30 secs) between sets and up the reps.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.