UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jeremy Stephens bail set at 100k

10/9/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"FREE Lil Heathen" shirts for sale to help go towards proving Jeremy's innocence.

Four days after Jeremy Stephens was arrested on the day he was supposed to fight at UFC on FX 5, the UFC lightweight is still in jail.

Stephens, who is currently being held at the Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis, Minnesota, will be facing extradition to Iowa for an assault charge. According to the county's online records, he had his bail set at $100,000.

The arrest stems from a 2011 incident in Polk County, Iowa.

Stephens will face a judge on Tuesday, at 1:30 pm CT.

Read entire article...

Stephens management recently released a statement about the matter...

In response to the recent arrest and allegations regarding Jeremy Stephens we would like to take this opportunity to reach out to his supporters and clarify some of the information that has been circulating in the media.

In 2011, Jeremy was attending a homecoming party in Des Moines, Iowa. A person in attendance became intoxicated and disorderly, and was asked to leave by the owner of the establishment. The intoxicated individual subsequently became involved in a physical altercation with another person at the event. We have learned that, as the featured guest at the party, Jeremy’s name came up during the police investigation of the assault.

Prior to being detained the morning of October 5, 2012, in Minneapolis, Jeremy had never been arrested in connection with the assault, contacted about any possible charge and or notified about any outstanding warrant by mail or any other means. Jeremy has lived at the same residence in San Diego and has maintained the same phone number for the past year or more. Jeremy also uses social media to provide updates on his training, and to thank fans, supporters, sponsors, and the UFC. In short, Jeremy is not a hard guy to find, which can be seen at www.LilHeathenMMA.com.

At this time, we do not know why Polk County (Iowa) authorities waited to have a warrant served on Jeremy until the morning of his fight. He arrived in Minnesota four days earlier, stayed at the hotel with other fighters for the event, and attended the public weigh-in on Thursday afternoon. Because he was arrested so close to the time of the fight, arrangements for his release could not be made in time for him to compete despite the diligent efforts of the UFC. Minnesota state officials were great to deal with, but Polk County kept changing the deal making it impossible to get Jeremy released.

It will take some time for this unfortunate situation to be resolved. We ask that everyone be patient and wait for the truth to come out. We also would like to thank Jeremy’s fans who are standing by him during this tough time and especially Dana White and the staff at UFC for their incredible display of support for Jeremy throughout the ordeal.

There is nothing to hide, so we will keep everyone updated as things progress. To be clear, JEREMY WAS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS ASSAULT AT ALL!

Read entire article...

10/9/12 11:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SomeonesGettinBingoed
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100.000$??!

Wow! I dont know how things work there in the US, but that is too much for an assault charge, isnt it?
10/9/12 12:04 PM
abi
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow, wtf..they're sticking it to him because he is a "UFC" fighter..Those guys just want money and some fame...ridiculous
10/9/12 12:06 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam

SomeonesGettinBingoed - 100.000$??!

Wow! I dont know how things work there in the US, but that is too much for an assault charge, isnt it?

When you're a professional fighter your hands, knees, etc. are considered deadly weapons. So if Stephens messed some dude up, and it looks like he did, its MUCH more serious than if you or I just slapped some dude in the face.
10/9/12 12:15 PM
Stu Cazzo

They want to make sure that he doesn't skip town again.  If somebody puts up the money to bail him out then he has to show up to court for that person to get reimbursed.

10/9/12 12:19 PM
Humboldt
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerseyShoreTapTeam -

When you're a professional fighter your hands, knees, etc. are considered deadly weapons. So if Stephens messed some dude up, and it looks like he did, its MUCH more serious than if you or I just slapped some dude in the face.
Did he even actually assault someone?
I haven't read that yet, just that he was arrested in connection to an assault that took place.

The fact that they waited until the morning of the fight suggests that it is a personal beef. $100k bail supports that theory as well.

I bet lil heathen f$cked the police Chief's wife or something. Phone Post
10/9/12 12:21 PM
Trojan Rubber Guard
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
10/9/12 12:23 PM
Brock Lobster
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horse shit. John Pratt kills 3 people drunk driving and gets 6months and 2000$ bail. Wtf is with this legal system. Phone Post
10/9/12 12:29 PM
iNeverSlice

JerseyShoreTapTeam - 

LOL at this. Do people actually still actually believe this "deadly weapons" nonsense?
10/9/12 12:35 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
671 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10 K to bail outtt

10/9/12 12:36 PM
TheMessiah

Ouch Phone Post
10/9/12 12:38 PM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The entire thing sounds shady as hell
10/9/12 12:43 PM
Tat2tillidie
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hong Kong Phooey -

10 K to bail outtt

Yup 10% Phone Post
10/9/12 12:48 PM
clown makeup

"There were two charges," White said. "One was $1,000 bail. The other was $20,000. That's where we started. Where we ended was f------ insane. I could have gotten (Charles) Manson out for what they wanted me to pay for him.

--

Minnesota Association of Pretrial Services Agencies

MAXIMUM BAIL AMOUNTS

FELONY (no mandatory bail amount for felonies– amount listed is double the maximum fine) 629.471
Assault 1st $60,000
Assault 2nd $40,000
Assault 3rd $20,000
Assault 4th $16,000

1st Degree Assault – Assault in the 1st Degree is a Class A Felony and is defined as, with intent to inflict great bodily harm; assaults another with a firearm or any deadly weapon or by any force or means likely to produce great bodily harm or death; or administers, exposes, or transmits to or causes to be taken by another, poison, the human immunodeficiency virus, or any other destructive or noxious substance; or assaults another and inflicts great bodily harm.
10/9/12 1:04 PM
Cajun Pest
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iNeverSlice -
JerseyShoreTapTeam - 

LOL at this. Do people actually still actually believe this "deadly weapons" nonsense?
It's true, my cousins friend older brother had to register at the police department. He tranes Karate Phone Post
10/9/12 1:22 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was hanging out down at Alliance yesterday for a completely different reason, but Eric Delfierro gave me a few minutes on camera and weighed in on Jeremy like a boss...

10/9/12 1:38 PM
Rcs476
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the video DojoJay. I would say that given his response of not wanting to comment on the situation, Jeremy fucked up and has to deal with it.
10/9/12 1:43 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ The details of Jeremy's original arrest are still a thing of rumours, flying around the internet... I think as a head coach, staying away from those kinds of details, especially with litigation pending, was the rational play... We're going to be doing a piece on guys like Eric and what's it's like for them, presiding over a facility full of alpha dogs, and what they do to help keep some of them on the chain...

10/9/12 1:45 PM
Rcs476
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That actually sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing it.
10/9/12 1:46 PM
Ramon Maroni

Oh boy 100K bail? shit is serious
10/9/12 1:56 PM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cajun Pest - 
iNeverSlice -
JerseyShoreTapTeam - 

It's true, my cousins friend older brother had to register at the police department. He tranes Karate Phone Post

i dont know man. my brothers sisters uncles brothers mothers daughters friends cousin said thats not true
10/9/12 2:02 PM
MahatmaPetey
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dbeedy -
Cajun Pest - 
iNeverSlice -
JerseyShoreTapTeam - 

i dont know man. my brothers sisters uncles brothers mothers daughters friends cousin said thats not true
NOW I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE! Phone Post
10/9/12 2:11 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a corrupt money grab.

10/9/12 2:18 PM
DojoJay

Rcs476 - That actually sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing it.

Appreciate the input, I really do... I try to use social media to shape productions more around what people want, and not so much around what I "think" will be appealing... People know what they want, ya just have to listen.

10/9/12 5:06 PM
tres

Looks like they revoked his bail. I wish he could of bonded out so he could atleast be with his family.. I'm sure his little girls miss there father. Stay strong Jeremy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.