UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Brian Cushing out for season; torn ACL

10/9/12 7:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheRealJoker
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If the NFL really wants to increase player safety, start protecting players on BOTH sides of the ball," tweeted Matthews, who was teammates with Cushing at USC.

Matthews continued: "Where is the NFL's protection on blocks below the waist like that on Cushing. Double standard!"

http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/art...wswell|text||p

Here is a gif of the play that ended Cushing's season. Hopefully fines and suspensions come down but not even a flag was found :-(

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cushing-cheap-shotted2-10-8-12.gif
10/9/12 7:58 PM
EO619
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow that's terrible! Poor guy, he's a beast!!!
10/10/12 7:12 AM
TenOfSwords
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You mean you have to ask about the double standard?

You mean you don't know that the NFL's ulterior motive with all this "player safety" BS is to increase scoring as much as possible?

I've characterized this previously as a "jihad against defenses."

10/10/12 9:48 AM
TheRealJoker
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will hurt the Texans' pass D more than anything. Cushing is one of the best coverage backers in the league and does very well neutralizing the other team's Te or Rb in the passing game.

His replacement Dobbins is excellent in short yardage against the run. He stuffed Ray Rice in the playoffs last season on 4th and goal at the 1 yard line amongst many other feats of manliness. But in space he is below average.

I know if anyone can disguise this weakness with the players we do have on the roster it's son of Bum. Phone Post
10/11/12 5:18 AM
TenOfSwords
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/11/12 5:18 AM

Ray Rice is like what, 5'7", 170?

You or I could stuff him on 4th and goal at the 1-yard line - the point being that he should have never gotten the ball in that situation.

10/11/12 7:39 AM
TheRealJoker

TenOfSwords -

You or I could stuff him on 4th and goal at the 1-yard line - the point being that he should have never gotten the ball in that situation.

Yeah, Ray Rice hasn't done well in the NFL... Phone Post
10/13/12 6:26 AM
TenOfSwords

TheRealJoker - 
TenOfSwords -

Yeah, Ray Rice hasn't done well in the NFL... Phone Post

Who said that?

But a scatback shouldn't be getting the ball on 3rd and 1 or down close to the goal line.  A RB like Brandon Jacobs should.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.