UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Munoz eyes February return, Weidman rematch

10/9/12 10:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I’m planing to come back as soon as possible. I do have an injury here, but I’m not going to let it stop me. This is perspective for me. I’ve had kind of a tough year this year with having an elbow injury and coming back from surgery and then rushing back into a fight which probably I could have taken a little bit more time off, and then, sustaining this injury. Suffice to say, I’ve learned a lot. It wasn’t quite me in that last fight. I’m going to redeem myself with a fight coming up, whoever I fight,” Munoz promised. “I fought a lot of times in two years, I think that would have been my eighth fights in two years. And I’m very active so, I’m just kind of going to take it easy. This is my body’s way of telling me. It was like camp, after camp, after camp. I was fighting every three, four months. I’m going to take some time off and get back into it and just be a raging bull when I get back in the cage again. I’m planning probably around February or so, we’ll see how my body heals up.”

Following the fight with Weidman, the doctor told Munoz after he was X-rayed that his right foot was almost completely broken.”I didn’t know my foot was fractured at all. I didn’t know there was a stress fracture.” The doctor was in disbelief that Munoz fought on it in the first place. ”My bone was actually fractured. They actually put me in a boot.”

When The Filipino Wrecking Machine does return, he said he’s looking to take a fight that gets his name back on the map. “I’d like to have a rematch with Weidman, I’d like to fight Bisping. There’s a lot of guys out there. The fact of the matter is, I want a fight that’d get me back on track to becoming a world champ. I definitely want to redeem myself on my last performance and show people that I’m a man that learns from his mistakes. And for me, champions aren’t measured by how many wins they have, but how they pick themselves after a loss. That’s the true meaning of a champion and that’s what I want to show.”

read entire article...

10/9/12 11:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stevia's sex slave
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomestprimedmybung - rematch? c'mon, man!
It's not like he's saying he deserves one, he just wants one. Who wouldn't? Phone Post
10/9/12 11:02 PM
Delorian
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Munoz vs. Stann would please me, and I think most fans.  It'd be a good fight to make sometime in 2013.  

10/9/12 11:06 PM
UK Asylum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Munoz vs Stann sounds good, both lost high profile fights last time.

10/9/12 11:08 PM
Brock Lobster
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MUNOZ VS LOMBARD PEOPLE Phone Post
10/9/12 11:10 PM
crowbar
719 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will give him someone like Ed Herman to build his confidence.

10/9/12 11:52 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he has a speedy recovery. And please no rematch. Stann is a good idea. Phone Post
10/9/12 11:58 PM
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/10/12 12:48 AM
Suppa24

How about vs jake shields Phone Post
10/10/12 12:51 AM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both Stann and Lombard would be good fights, be good to see where he stands in the division after coming back from that injury. It seems like every time he gets a big fight, he loses. Hope he recovers well and comes back healthy and strong. Phone Post
10/10/12 11:01 AM
overstander

If Zuffa makes this match next,they will solidify there reputation further as the mactch making joke of combat sports.
10/10/12 11:20 AM
Delorian
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

overstander - If Zuffa makes this match next,they will solidify there reputation further as the mactch making joke of combat sports.

Calm down Francis, the UFC isn't going to set up a rematch.  

10/10/12 11:27 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

This

10/10/12 12:11 PM
32Hunter

I legit laughed out loud when i read the thread title. Phone Post
10/10/12 1:05 PM
Lobo8

He doesnt deserve a remath but he definetly was injured he looked sloppy, out of shape, and slow for that fight.
10/10/12 1:42 PM
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lobo8 - He doesnt deserve a remath but he definetly was injured he looked sloppy, out of shape, and slow for that fight.
He said he didn't know his foot was broken so I think the sloppiness and fatness was his unrelated to that. He got embarassed and potentially exposed. We'll see how his next fight goes. He seems to be coaching too much and not training enough. That's the impression I get from the videos I see at Reign. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.