UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira: I'd bring it to Jones and get that title

10/9/12 11:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"There are a lot of tough guys, but I think I bring it to Jon Jones. I'm not quite qualified to say something like that yet. I have one fight in the UFC and have more to prove. If they offered me the fight I would say yes, bring it to him and get that title."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

10/9/12 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomestprimedmybung - full quote

"I'm not quite qualified to say something like that yet. I have one fight in the UFC and have more to prove. If they offered me the fight I would say yes, bring it to him and get that title."

lol...UG news always gotta spin it. 

10/9/12 11:15 PM
Vinny Magalhães
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Radio Raheem - 
Awesomestprimedmybung - full quote

"I'm not quite qualified to say something like that yet. I have one fight in the UFC and have more to prove. If they offered me the fight I would say yes, bring it to him and get that title."

lol...UG news always gotta spin it. 

of course.

10/9/12 11:18 PM
MediumRareMistake
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG news always causin a ruckus Phone Post
10/9/12 11:34 PM
Toquinho
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helwani style Phone Post
10/9/12 11:39 PM
kinson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see it. Phone Post
10/10/12 12:14 AM
slamming

Nick Fury - I dont think anyone can take Jones, and I say that sincerely.
What does Glover have that Jones hasn't seen? He's another Shogun. Phone Post
10/10/12 12:22 AM
ThinkMMA
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming -
No, just no. Phone Post
10/10/12 12:26 AM
Matrixkick
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Glover lose to Lombard a while ago? Phone Post
10/10/12 12:54 AM
Trane

This fight will never happen because Jones will surely DUCK him! In related news Glover asked JDS to spar with him in practice but JDS wanted no part of this.
10/10/12 12:59 AM
OzMafioso
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Glover, would love to see it. Phone Post
10/10/12 1:08 AM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
Vinny would have finished that armbar Phone Post
As much as I love vinny I don't think jones let's it hit the ground if they fight. Unless vinny pulls that beautiful flying armbar! Phone Post
10/10/12 1:09 AM
Matrixkick
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IronTigerMMA -
Matrixkick - Didn't Glover lose to Lombard a while ago? Phone Post
no Phone Post
Thx my bad Phone Post
10/10/12 1:42 AM
slamming

Awesomestprimedmybung -
slamming - 

another shogun? lol.
Don't get into the technicalities, I was being generous to glover with that comment.

Jones finishes him too. Phone Post
10/10/12 2:17 AM
CrimeBoss

I'd love too see it,glover is a mini JDS Phone Post
10/10/12 2:24 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 -
duckhuntgangsta - 
Vinny would have finished that armbar Phone Post

Vinny would have been put to sleep by hellbows well before the armbar you forget that chin is suspect.

-250 Phone Post
10/10/12 2:32 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant wait to see that fight

10/10/12 2:52 AM
slamming

Awesomestprimedmybung - sure he does.......... and at this point

Glover > Shogun

the Vera fight showed me all I need to conclude that Shogun will never be the same fighter ever again.
You base that off what, a win over Kyle kingsbury or Ricco Rodriguez?

Genuinely curious. Glover is only dipping his toes into a pool that Shogun has been swimming in for years. Phone Post
10/10/12 12:20 PM
kevsh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I don't understand is that in the UFC Countdown show they were using subtitles for Glover.

Anderson Silva I understand, Big Nog I understand, Nate Diaz I understand, but anyone Teixiera??? The guy speaks English more coherently than half of America. Are the guys n' gals who produce these shows so dull that as soon as they see a Brazilian is on the card they add subtitles by default?

Off topic but I had to get that off my chest...
10/10/12 5:19 PM
The Last Emperor

Matrixkick -  Didn't Glover lose to Lombard a while ago? Phone Post

Google, how does it work?
10/10/12 10:43 PM
slamming

Thiaguy - ^ you are so delusional. I truly mean that too

Shogun dominated the grappling aspect against Hendo, and against Vera too! Shogun's stellar grappling and domination of the grappling vs Hendo is what should have gotten him the draw over Hendo etc

Also, let's not forget that Shogun dropped Hendo in the first round too.Shogun also knocked Hendo out on his feet in the fourth round. Hendo was out on his feet. Shogun had him, but Shogun was too tired to finish it. Regardless, that uppercut bomb from Shogun is what dramitically changed the momentum of the fight

And never mind that Shogun was fighting Hendo with a dislocated shoulder.But I wouldn't expect a fat couch potatoe such as yourself to understand how debilitating that injury can be on a performance

As always you don't know what you're talking about. You are clueless!

Bottom line, whether you won to admit it or not, Shogun knocked Vera out cold. That's a fact

Prior to that, Vera had never been knocked out on the feet before. That's a fact

Shogun is the only dude to put Vera to sleep on the feet. All fact

Really, explain in a reasonable and legit manner how Shogun looked just so terrible?Yeah, the only thing was that he gassed out, and then got sloppy as a result, then he started lookingg different

But for the most part Shogun dominated every aspect of the fight against Vera, and had won every round too

You fail to realise just how tough Vera is too. Give Vera credit! Give Shogun his due credit as well. You are a delusional Shogun hater though. I expect you to not stop being a douche any time soon
He wasn't fighting hendo with a dislocated shoulder you half wit. He injured his clavicle during preparation which obviously hampered his training but he was obviously cleared to fight.

Fuck I feel sick even being a Shogun fan after reading your bullshit time and time again.

Go away narlypersiandude. Phone Post
10/11/12 5:25 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover will beat Maldonado - but he will be upstaged by Wagner Prado, who will lay out Mr. Vastly Overrated, and do it in style!

10/11/12 6:13 AM
BentOverForBisping
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beat glover Phone Post
10/11/12 6:52 AM
TheHaunted2

Thiaguy - Awesomestprimedmybung is delusional

He's a known creepy and obsessive Shogun hater. He seems like a loser in ever sense of the word!

Anyway, Glover is older then Shogun is!And hell, I would like to see how Glover would do vs Vera too! People forget Ed Herman beat Glover. His hype train is getting a little ridiculous now. Let's see him beat some big names first!

Whether that creepy Shogun hating troll wants to admit it or not, Vera is tough. Vera was prepared too

Shogun still knocked Vera out cold! No one had ever done that to Vera on the feet before. What Shogun did is impressive

Shogun wasn't at his best but he still dominated every aspect of the fight. Won every round too

Shogun got tired and that's when Vera started to have his moments, but Shogun pushed through, showed heart, and got the big KO

Shogun knows he could've done a lot better though. Shogun will be at his best for his fight with Gustafsson. Shogun is going to be surprising some ignorant mother fuckers come December!
Look dude that guy may hate shogun. But I'm seriously starting to think you are stalking him or something. Every thread where someone might mention his name you are ready to write 10 paragraphs to defend him. Chill man Phone Post
10/11/12 7:01 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thiaguy - Awesomestprimedmybung is delusional

He's a known creepy and obsessive Shogun hater. He seems like a loser in ever sense of the word!

Anyway, Glover is older then Shogun is!And hell, I would like to see how Glover would do vs Vera too! People forget Ed Herman beat Glover. His hype train is getting a little ridiculous now. Let's see him beat some big names first!

Whether that creepy Shogun hating troll wants to admit it or not, Vera is tough. Vera was prepared too

Shogun still knocked Vera out cold! No one had ever done that to Vera on the feet before. What Shogun did is impressive

Shogun wasn't at his best but he still dominated every aspect of the fight. Won every round too

Shogun got tired and that's when Vera started to have his moments, but Shogun pushed through, showed heart, and got the big KO

Shogun knows he could've done a lot better though. Shogun will be at his best for his fight with Gustafsson. Shogun is going to be surprising some ignorant mother fuckers come December!

Dude, why so defensive?

Shogun is the #3 light heavyweight in the world - higher than Machida either because he so obviously should be 2-0 against him, or even if one recognizes the split, he beat Rampage, who Machida lost to; then once that's established, Shogun ranks higher than Rashad because Rashad lost to Machida.

And Gustafsson being favored over Shogun is utterly ridiculous: Gustafsson didn't even see the second round the only time he faced a Top 10 LHW (and Phil Davis wasn't even in the Top 10 at the time), while Shogun has two T/KOs of Top 10 LHWs, including one in a title fight.

Plus, as you pointed out, he won all three of the first three rounds against Vera, then finished him in the fourth.  If only all of Rashad's wins were that "unimpressive."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.