UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Best Kettle Bell DVD???

10/10/12 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LakerGirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a beginner. Male, 32, 190, exercise 60min 5x/week. Mostly running and calisthenics. I am getting ready to spend the next 5 weeks in the field and need a video for it. I downloaded Steve Maxwells Kettle Bell Basics to study the fundamental lifts.

What's a good DVD workout? I have a 16kg bell. Phone Post
10/11/12 3:27 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan raves about The Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout.
10/11/12 7:30 AM
LakerGirl

That DVD looks good. I think you need 2 Kettle Bells to do it. I only have 1 currently. I think I'll consider getting another and checking it out. Any others? Phone Post
10/11/12 10:28 AM
Taku
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always guessed that with a name like "LakerGirl", You would be a girl.

TAKU

10/11/12 1:03 PM
The Adversary
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LakerGirl -  That DVD looks good. I think you need 2 Kettle Bells to do it. I only have 1 currently. I think I'll consider getting another and checking it out. Any others? Phone Post

Weird, I could've sworn that's the one he says he does with one 35lb'er and it kicks his ass. Sorry mane, I only know of that one because he can't stop mentioning it.

Mike Mahler is supposed to have some good stuff out, but I can't confirm it.
10/11/12 6:57 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one Mahler DVD but he teaches you the moves properly, I don't think there was any programing in it per se.

My girlfriend is getting me a k-bell for my birthday because I taught her some basic stuff like swings that she's been doing on her girly 15 pounders and she loves them and wants to work out together (gun to my head lol)

Debating between a 35-er and a 50+-er 

10/12/12 2:03 AM
3 strikes
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LakerGirl -  That DVD looks good. I think you need 2 Kettle Bells to do it. I only have 1 currently. I think I'll consider getting another and checking it out. Any others? Phone Post

No, you only need one KB for that workout.

I only do single KB workouts and my favorites are:

Steve Maxwell's 300 KB workout (Probably the most complete KB workout out there as he includes a plethora of movements that work your entire body using only one KB, he also explains in good detail how to perform each movement)

Extreme KB Cardio Workout I & II (These are fucking insane, absolutely brutal lol)

Art of Strength Providence (a little different, focused more on longer workouts at a slower pace with rest intervals but still great stuff and you only need one KB)
10/12/12 2:34 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/12/12 2:47 AM
LakerGirl - That DVD looks good. I think you need 2 Kettle Bells to do it. I only have 1 currently. I think I'll consider getting another and checking it out. Any others?

Maybe try The Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning With Kettlebells, by Lauren Brooks.

It's single KB plus bodyweight exercises. One of the follow along workouts is 12 minutes and perfect for beginners I think....neither too hard nor too easy.

The other workout is longer (about 40 minutes) if you feel like you are ready for more of a challenge.
10/12/12 7:46 AM
LakerGirl

Thanks. I think I got the wrong DVD at the beginning. Will check out Extreme Cardio and 300. Both sound great. Phone Post
10/12/12 11:41 AM
chris colquitt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott Scoggs has a decent 12 week program. It can range from beginner to advanced. Not sure how the price compares to the others but i liked it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.