UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Arrow...what did you think?

10/12/12 11:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Guerrero
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six15 Comics, Creator
YVEL MACHIDA - 
Saiga12 -

Giggity Phone Post

+1
10/12/12 11:43 PM
Guerrero
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six15 Comics, Creator
Looks bad-ass in that pic. Hope the writers don't fuck up his character **coughs** Smallville **coughs**.
10/13/12 2:10 AM
MarkRobinson
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that supposed to be a scene from the show? i really hope they dont fuck up with that. Especially this early in the series.

10/13/12 12:19 PM
paw
1418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DVR for the win last night.

Everybody was right...there were some cheesetastic lines, but it was fun show and I have hope it will get better.  Definately gonna give this one a few more episodes.

10/15/12 10:16 AM
SupesUp
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guerrero - I watched it and liked it a lot. They go real dark with Arrow's origin and I'm guessing they're going to keep flashing back to the island as the show progresses. I'm assuming that Arrow has probably had a run-in with you-know-who on the island and that person will show up in Starling city in the future.

I read somewhere that Huntress is going to show up in series.
I really doubt it was only a run in.
Obviously we don't have his full back story but Oliver has serious batman level skills, he likely picked those up on the island and likely due to being mentored. Phone Post
10/15/12 1:22 PM
paw
1418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41649

Steven Amell (Olliver Queen) said:

"We saw what happened with my mother at the end of the first episode. That wasn't there for shock value, that was there for a reason, and it's something that we address," he said. "We don't do anything on the show that we don't pay off later. We show the Deathstroke mask at the beginning of the pilot; Deathstroke's on his way. I like that. I like that aspect of our storytelling."

10/15/12 1:56 PM
Stickgrappler
1568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoa.... gotta watch this series.

ages ago, IIRC the GG or just MTD/Doom determined that Green Arrow > Hawkeye

did we discuss if Merlyn was better than Hawkeye?
10/15/12 2:17 PM
paw

Stickgrappler - whoa.... gotta watch this series.

ages ago, IIRC the GG or just MTD/Doom determined that Green Arrow > Hawkeye

did we discuss if Merlyn was better than Hawkeye?

IMO

Hawkeye (Barton) > GA (Queen) > Merlyn

...that's for archery skills, fighting, pulling tail, etc.....

10/16/12 3:22 PM
Stickgrappler
1568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iirc, MuayThaiDaddy/Doom, read the fine print of both who's who and OHOTMU and came to the conclusion that GA > Hawkeye

where are you MTD?

*turns on the OHOTMU light and flash the skies*
10/16/12 3:27 PM
Stickgrappler

yeah Black Widow > Black Canary

oldschool Hawkeye, never got a sense he was anything more than a trick arrows archer... newschool Brian Michael Bendis, Ultimates - Hawkeye is SHIELD

was oldschool Hawkeye ever in SHIELD?

10/16/12 11:48 PM
MarkRobinson
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hawkeye > GA 

10/17/12 5:42 AM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - 

Hawkeye > GA 

10/17/12 9:27 PM
TheNothing
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched last weeks episode online, so there were no commercials. I watched it on television this week and it seemed like there were more commercials than actual show.

Decent episode, though. I think the flashbacks will be the best part of the show when it gets more into it. Phone Post
10/17/12 11:08 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheNothing - I watched last weeks episode online, so there were no commercials. I watched it on television this week and it seemed like there were more commercials than actual show.

Decent episode, though. I think the flashbacks will be the best part of the show when it gets more into it. Phone Post
I really like where it's going Phone Post
10/17/12 11:29 PM
dlblann72
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not bad. I like where they are going with it. Hopefully they don't screw it up. Phone Post
10/18/12 9:07 AM
paw

I liked the second episode more than the first.  So far.....pretty good.

10/18/12 10:30 PM
MuaySteve
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/18/12 10:30 PM
I know nothing about the comic, but so far the show seems pretty decent. I'm a little put off with the "villian of the week" template they seem to be using. (So much so that he has an official check list) Hopefully if the show gains traction they can move away from that a little bit. At least there is something on Wednesday nights now.
10/18/12 10:59 PM
JudOWNED
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forgot about it, then accidentally caught it part way through while flipping the channels. Watched it for about 5 minutes. Found it completely uninteresting, and basically unwatchable. Super dark (lighting, not mood), horrible dialogue, looked like typical WB style crap.

Sorry guys. Let me know if it gets better. Deathstroke looks cool in the pic, though, I'll give you that.
10/18/12 11:02 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MuaySteve - I know nothing about the comic, but so far the show seems pretty decent. I'm a little put off with the "villian of the week" template they seem to be using. (So much so that he has an official check list) Hopefully if the show gains traction they can move away from that a little bit. At least there is something on Wednesday nights now.
Yeah I think the same about the Gillian per week hopefully they start to stretch it out or have a main protagonist.

It's still really good in my opinion Phone Post
10/18/12 11:02 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

JudOWNED - I forgot about it, then accidentally caught it part way through while flipping the channels. Watched it for about 5 minutes. Found it completely uninteresting, and basically unwatchable. Super dark (lighting, not mood), horrible dialogue, looked like typical WB style crap.

Sorry guys. Let me know if it gets better. Deathstroke looks cool in the pic, though, I'll give you that.
You really should give it more than 5 mins man..you might be surprised

Also for those who haven't caught it yet, it's on Hulu Phone Post
10/19/12 12:40 AM
Stickgrappler

I watched the first episode. WOW! i loved it! darker/grimmer than Batman!!

3 things I loved right off the bat:

1) Deathstroke mask on the Island
2) bodyguard to Oliver Queen - "Diggle" - obvious geek reference to comics writer Andy Diggle - I know him for co-creator/writer of the Losers series

3) http://i.imgur.com/HN1oB.gif (if some kind bluenamer can post please)

I like where it's going so far after 1 episode 9lol at me)... There is always something about characters like Batman and Green Arrow that always appealed to me more than Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, X-Men. It is the notion that Man can be a paragon, the best he can be physically and mentally. Oliver Queen rivals Bruce Wayne in that respect. Loved the origin... didn't think of any lines as cheesetastic...perhaps what happened for me (usually happens when i like something) - all suspension of disbelief is usally dropped and I get wrapped up in it --- entranced, in a spell. Love the pilot.

Going to watch a little of Ep 2 and hit the sack.

pet peeves - hate movies or tv where fight scenes are at night and viewers cannot clearly see the fights.

Speedy? may be better usage than Roy Harper. I don't want them to give Laurel Lance Black Canary powers. Keep her that way. Goes back to keeping the show grounded... no superpowers... just paragons of humanity.

I didn't watch Birds of Prey tv series (yet), was there a Black Canary in it? Was she the same character as this one in Arrow? doubt it.

random thoughts: Island Oliver Queen looked at times like Ashton Kutcher for me... rescued/Starling City Ollie looks Tom Cruise-ish.

His ex-gf looks Kristin Kreuk-like at times.
10/19/12 9:49 AM
paw

For Stick:

10/19/12 10:30 AM
Stickgrappler

+1 paw -- thx
10/19/12 3:59 PM
crescentwrench
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 3:59 PM

Nice. Now if he can master the Cliffhanger he might make it to the top of Mt Midoriyama.  I'm liking the show.  Well, the action. The brooding crime fighter / billionaire playboy is a little familiar.  But I'll still watch it until the end even if it rapes my will to live like Smallville sometimes did.  Between that and Supernatural it's the best night of the week.  

10/19/12 5:11 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There needs to be a NQOTD pitting hawkeye against green arrow! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.