UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Arrow...what did you think?

10/19/12 8:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YVEL MACHIDA
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Salokcin69 - There needs to be a NQOTD pitting hawkeye against green arrow! Phone Post
Submit it fool Phone Post
10/21/12 9:37 AM
TX_432
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love it. Im a total geek when it comes to comics. But I admit I'm not that familiar with green arrow this is refreshing to me. Phone Post
10/21/12 10:21 PM
SupesUp
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Second episode wasn't as exciting as the first but it was building the story.
I'm still into it. Seems like they've tried to have to many characters all introduced right away. Phone Post
10/22/12 11:06 AM
Stickgrappler
1398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2nd ep wasn't bad, but agree with SupesUp, it wasn't as exciting as the first

was excited to see Kelly Hu though in credits... but her fight scenes with Diggle and Ollie were crappy... full of close-ups and just arms flinging... suggests to me either bad choreographer or cameraman or most likely actors didn't know what they are doing to make the fight exciting hence closeups so viewer see squat

One geeky observation from me (rare i know i know - i'm the worst geek viewer, i suspend disbelief and take it all in without questioning), we don't know if what looks like a green leather outfit is bulletproof or not. But with ollie's money, you would think he can get that easily.
10/22/12 11:11 AM
paw
1344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - 2nd ep wasn't bad, but agree with SupesUp, it wasn't as exciting as the first

was excited to see Kelly Hu though in credits... but her fight scenes with Diggle and Ollie were crappy... full of close-ups and just arms flinging... suggests to me either bad choreographer or cameraman or most likely actors didn't know what they are doing to make the fight exciting hence closeups so viewer see squat

One geeky observation from me (rare i know i know - i'm the worst geek viewer, i suspend disbelief and take it all in without questioning), we don't know if what looks like a green leather outfit is bulletproof or not. But with ollie's money, you would think he can get that easily.

I blame everyone not named Kelly Hu.  It may have been a decade ago, but Hu was fine in "Martial Law".  (Or at least I thought she was at the time)

10/22/12 11:18 AM
Stickgrappler
1398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she WAS fine and all that back then! think she still is. she was in some B movie a few yrs ago which starred Ving Rhames lol.

absolutely LOVE her!
10/22/12 12:33 PM
Stickgrappler

Salokcin69 -  There needs to be a NQOTD pitting hawkeye against green arrow! Phone Post

was this done? is it in GG or OG?
10/22/12 1:29 PM
JudOWNED
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"His ex-gf looks Kristin Kreuk-like at times."

Everybody looks the same in all those CW shows. If you're not a fan who watches regularly and you stop there while running through the channels, it takes you about 5 minutes just to tell if your are watching Gossip Girl, Nikita or the freaking Vampire Diaries!

"Hm, lets see... Couple of hot chicks arguing about a guy, and they start pulling hair... Could be anything. Oh, wait, they're throwing down kung-fu style... Maybe Nikita? Nope, girl literally flew across the room! Vampire Diaries, we have a winner!"
10/22/12 1:30 PM
SupesUp
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler -
Salokcin69 -  There needs to be a NQOTD pitting hawkeye against green arrow! Phone Post

Didn't it happen in dc/marvel? Phone Post
10/22/12 1:35 PM
Stickgrappler

JudOWNED - "His ex-gf looks Kristin Kreuk-like at times."

Everybody looks the same in all those CW shows. If you're not a fan who watches regularly and you stop there while running through the channels, it takes you about 5 minutes just to tell if your are watching Gossip Girl, Nikita or the freaking Vampire Diaries!

"Hm, lets see... Couple of hot chicks arguing about a guy, and they start pulling hair... Could be anything. Oh, wait, they're throwing down kung-fu style... Maybe Nikita? Nope, girl literally flew across the room! Vampire Diaries, we have a winner!"

lolololol
10/22/12 1:39 PM
paw
1344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudOWNED - "His ex-gf looks Kristin Kreuk-like at times."

LOL.  So....true!

10/22/12 1:49 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp -
Stickgrappler -

Didn't it happen in dc/marvel? Phone Post
I don't know, but it would be awesome! Phone Post
10/23/12 6:54 AM
Matthieu Battle
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - 2nd ep wasn't bad, but agree with SupesUp, it wasn't as exciting as the first

i thought i remembered him catching a bullet in his back or something in ep1. not sure; don't think they made a big deal out of it.
10/23/12 11:05 AM
Stickgrappler

i will have to double-check... hate that many scenes are in the dark... i get it, he's a vigilante who comes out in the cover of night... but sux for viewers when it's action-filled scenes during the night
10/23/12 1:29 PM
MuaySteve
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - i will have to double-check... hate that many scenes are in the dark... i get it, he's a vigilante who comes out in the cover of night... but sux for viewers when it's action-filled scenes during the night

It sucks less for viewers who have properly set their contrast/brightness settings ;)
10/23/12 1:33 PM
Stickgrappler

interesting... the rest of the scenes look ok, but the nighttime fight scenes are da suck

what is this contrast/brightness settings you speak of?

lol
10/23/12 3:07 PM
MuaySteve
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a quick and easy way to set you contrast and brightness without a calibration dvd.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11249_7-5582255-5.html?

10/23/12 4:05 PM
JudOWNED
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MuaySteve - 
Stickgrappler - i will have to double-check... hate that many scenes are in the dark... i get it, he's a vigilante who comes out in the cover of night... but sux for viewers when it's action-filled scenes during the night

It sucks less for viewers who have properly set their contrast/brightness settings ;)

While I acknowledge you said "less", I still feel the need to comment that the fault is not all on people who haven't set their TV's correctly. Darkly lit scenes with characters in dark colors moving quickly (i.e. action) are hard to see and follow, no matter how you have your contrast set. That can be effective at times for setting a certain type of mood and feel, but it gets annoying when it is overused, which it frequently is on the CW's action shows.
10/24/12 12:57 PM
TX_432
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saw the fight scene with that white haired chick, god it was awful. Phone Post
10/24/12 1:28 PM
Stickgrappler

not sure if it was the character's intentional wig, or the powers-that-be behind the show to highlight some of the action in the fight scene with white hair in darkly lit room with dark clothing

but Kelly Hu shouldn't have that white wig on lol

Thank you JudOWNED and TX_432

MuaySteve,

"what is this contrast/brightness settings you speak of?

LOL"

Sorry for the written word not coming through, that was sarcasm on my part
10/24/12 2:39 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Preview picture on Facebook says Deadshot will be on tonight Phone Post
10/24/12 2:48 PM
Stickgrappler

Deadshot? whoa.... Deathstroke on the way too... wonder which other supervillains are planned.

10/24/12 3:10 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

Phone Post
10/24/12 4:07 PM
TX_432

YVEL MACHIDA - Phone Post
Ok proceeding with caution not sure what to make of that Phone Post
10/24/12 7:44 PM
JudOWNED

He's going to look through that thing on his eye and then through the scope? Or is he going to look through the scope with his WRONG EYE?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.