UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Arrow...what did you think?

10/24/12 11:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YVEL MACHIDA
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good episode, but I am disappoint at the ending

10/25/12 12:58 AM
TX_432
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudOWNED - He's going to look through that thing on his eye and then through the scope? Or is he going to look through the scope with his WRONG EYE?
Lol this Phone Post
10/25/12 1:51 AM
Matthieu Battle
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yo dawg, we heard you like shooting people far away so we got a magnifier for your magnifier...

well, anyway, so much for that guy, huh? maybe green arrow will just kill off all the unsuper bad guys in the DCU.
10/25/12 10:19 AM
JudOWNED
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"yo dawg, we heard you like shooting people far away so we got a magnifier for your magnifier."

lulz
10/25/12 11:14 AM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a terrible ep, hope there aren't many more steps backward like that. They made Deadshot so lame.
10/26/12 12:46 AM
Stickgrappler
1562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

on the drama/human interest front, good to see mom and sis bonding, but think it was too easy/fast... could've extended it for a few eps

on the meet-the-villain-this-week-front, built deadshot up and then that's the way it ends? wtf? thought it slightly amateurish for him to tattoo his targets onto his body

again i must question ollie queen's funds/resources, why you ducking behind a column when deadshot is shooting at you... with you money, you can get kevlar right? oh wait, beginning of the episode, he got shot in the arm.

tonight we saw laurel-dont-call-me-dinah-lance in action. is black canary far off?

so digg/diggle will be roy harper/speedy?
10/26/12 1:48 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
1100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE MOM AND DAUGHTER ARE THE WORST PART OF THE SHOW IMO.   COMPLETELY USELESS. 

10/26/12 8:36 AM
MuaySteve
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am still enjoying the show, but they really need to start writing interesting villains. The corporate evil doer of the week is getting pretty weak. Deadshot was a waste. Zero character development, or character period. Whats the eye piece do that a scope doesn't? And for a sniper that "never misses" he seemed to miss a whole lot.

I stand by my contrast/brightness advice. Screw you guys. Non TV calibrating savages.
10/26/12 9:10 AM
paw
1414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MuaySteve - I am still enjoying the show, but they really need to start writing interesting villains. The corporate evil doer of the week is getting pretty weak. Deadshot was a waste. Zero character development, or character period. Whats the eye piece do that a scope doesn't? And for a sniper that "never misses" he seemed to miss a whole lot.

I stand by my contrast/brightness advice. Screw you guys. Non TV calibrating savages.

"And for a sniper that "never misses" he seemed to miss a whole lot."

Yup.

10/26/12 10:14 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw -
MuaySteve - I am still enjoying the show, but they really need to start writing interesting villains. The corporate evil doer of the week is getting pretty weak. Deadshot was a waste. Zero character development, or character period. Whats the eye piece do that a scope doesn't? And for a sniper that "never misses" he seemed to miss a whole lot.

"And for a sniper that "never misses" he seemed to miss a whole lot."

Yup.

I thought the episode was but was hoping Deadshot would last a little longer... Phone Post
10/26/12 11:13 AM
Stickgrappler
1562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, thought with Deadshot he would be around longer. A comics series needs a recurring villain(s)... perhaps Deathstroke will be it.

The inherent flawed storytelling in any TV series/Movies/comics is apparent to us. As deadly/powerful as Galactus/Joker/Magneto/Lex Luthor/etc they will always lose to the good guys. The recurring villain that is needed is more proof of the ineptitude of villains in tv/movies/comics

I don't like the mom/sis part too, but for creators of show, they need some kind of human interest to draw in different demographics and tone down the violence.

Plus to make Ollie interesting, on the one hand, he is in control of going after the bad guys on his dad's list, but yet, he cannot control his own sister... so it makes Ollie more than a cookie cutter vigilante. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind cookie cutter vigilantes, but for the show to have a chance to survive, it has to be more than cheesetastic dialogue and cookie cutter characters

Re: scope... yeah, he needs it for his weapons-strapped-to-forearm... but redundant and idiotic for eyepiece and riflescope

A show I liked last season, Alcatraz, had the same format, each week the stars of the show had to track down and capture a prisoner... with Arrow, it's the same format. Read an article somewhere about tv series with this format, usually they will not do well. Exception that comes to mind is X-Files. Arrow has potential, but afraid if they stick to this template, it will die like Alcatraz.

Along the lines of Ollie affording kevlar... Diggle is bodyguarding a high-profile client, he knows in this episode, someone is out after the rich folks. You would think he have kevlar armor on also.
10/26/12 11:51 AM
paw
1414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - Yeah, thought with Deadshot he would be around longer. A comics series needs a recurring villain(s)... perhaps Deathstroke will be it.

The inherent flawed storytelling in any TV series/Movies/comics is apparent to us. As deadly/powerful as Galactus/Joker/Magneto/Lex Luthor/etc they will always lose to the good guys. The recurring villain that is needed is more proof of the ineptitude of villains in tv/movies/comics

I don't like the mom/sis part too, but for creators of show, they need some kind of human interest to draw in different demographics and tone down the violence.

Plus to make Ollie interesting, on the one hand, he is in control of going after the bad guys on his dad's list, but yet, he cannot control his own sister... so it makes Ollie more than a cookie cutter vigilante. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind cookie cutter vigilantes, but for the show to have a chance to survive, it has to be more than cheesetastic dialogue and cookie cutter characters

Re: scope... yeah, he needs it for his weapons-strapped-to-forearm... but redundant and idiotic for eyepiece and riflescope

A show I liked last season, Alcatraz, had the same format, each week the stars of the show had to track down and capture a prisoner... with Arrow, it's the same format. Read an article somewhere about tv series with this format, usually they will not do well. Exception that comes to mind is X-Files. Arrow has potential, but afraid if they stick to this template, it will die like Alcatraz.

Along the lines of Ollie affording kevlar... Diggle is bodyguarding a high-profile client, he knows in this episode, someone is out after the rich folks. You would think he have kevlar armor on also.

See this is where I could use the "Thragg does not approve" meme.

Kevlar?  Thragg does not approve.

I need minions to do stuff like this for me!

10/26/12 12:08 PM
Stickgrappler

really? you don't approve of kevlar?

for a series that is borderline realistic (so far, no supers) and characters who has the means and in deadly situations, it's not realistic to go without kevlar, not like it's going to make you hulk-superman-invulnerable
10/26/12 12:49 PM
paw

Stickgrappler - really? you don't approve of kevlar?

for a series that is borderline realistic (so far, no supers) and characters who has the means and in deadly situations, it's not realistic to go without kevlar, not like it's going to make you hulk-superman-invulnerable

I approve of kevlar, but Thragg does not (he's manly like that).

Seriously though, it would be nice if they address that, it would only take a line or two, especially now that Diggle knows.

Diggle: "You've been shot, just buy a vest."

Ollie: "Too bulky and I can't draw the bow as well".  (or something...)

10/26/12 2:04 PM
Stickgrappler

i'm so behind on comics as well as tv and movies, you expect me to keep up with memes? until a few months ago, didn't know what 'meme' was or 'going viral'

lol @ me

yeah, the only logical explanation is it's too cumbersome... but then again, if you want to talk logic, ollie should use firearms and not bow and arrow
11/1/12 9:37 PM
TX_432
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deathstroke is coming! Phone Post
11/1/12 10:10 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

TX_432 - Deathstroke is coming! Phone Post
Yup! There was a small glimpse of him in this episode Phone Post
11/1/12 10:29 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA -
watched it last night but I was half asleep what part had the Deathstroke glimps Phone Post
11/1/12 10:39 PM
The Elastic Assassin
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ the mom not being a good part of the show...
11/2/12 10:38 AM
Stickgrappler

the mom angle is building up with the reveal this ep

anyone catch geek references... even i caught them, so the rest of you must've!

1) Ollie has bad guy on railroad tracks and says something like "10:15 to Bludhaven"

ages ago, read some Nightwing, that's his city that he protects, right? paw/jkd_guy in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... DK if new DCU has Nightwing at all or if he's even still in Bludhaven

2) Diggle's dead brother = Andy... as in Andy Diggle

Andy Diggle is a British comic book writer and former editor of 2000 AD. He is best known for his work on The Losers,[1] Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Adam Strange and Silent Dragon at DC Comics and for his run on Thunderbolts and Daredevil after his move to Marvel. (copied from wiki - i know him for Losers)

sort of gripe -- Laurel is in her apartment, her lights won't turn on, she goes to her desk drawer and pulls out a handgun (don't remember if it was a glock or not)

don't know about gun laws in Starling City, but handguns should be locked up and unloaded at home IIRC (i'm not a gun owner) - although in real life, i'm sure there are gun owners who don't have their weapons locked up and also have them loaded already.
11/2/12 11:03 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
1100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I HAVE A FEW GUNS HIDDEN AROUND THE HOUSE ON MAGNET HOLSTERS, LOL.

PARANOID?   PROBABLY 

DO I CARE?  NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.   I'VE WATCHED ENOUGH MOVIES TO KNOW BAD GUYS BREAK IN YOUR HOUSE AT THE MOST INOPPORTUNE TIMES.

11/2/12 11:06 AM
Stickgrappler

lol -- cool in a way... you have no kids right?
11/3/12 7:29 AM
crescentwrench
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad guys usually don't wait until you open the safe and an unloaded gun is a club. I have mine loaded on the nightstand but no round chambered. My oldest boy is 4 but my wife can't even rack the slide. When he's strong enough to have a realistic chance of making the gun operational I will probably get a bed safe. Although my dad never had one and I never bothered his guns. Education and fear of his righteous wrath were the only safety devices I needed. It was the only zero tolerance policy he had. Phone Post
11/3/12 8:12 AM
YVEL MACHIDA

UGCTT_OBEY -
YVEL MACHIDA -
watched it last night but I was half asleep what part had the Deathstroke glimps Phone Post
It was an island flashback Phone Post
11/3/12 10:19 AM
TX_432

He seems to be the leader of those troops. So have they said if that asian guy is Natas yet? (They will probably change his name imo). Natas has also trained Deathstroke wonder if that connection will be in the series as well. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.