UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alvarez discusses looming free agency

10/11/12 11:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I thought the pressure would be a lot greater than what it is, to be honest,” Alvarez told ESPN.com. “I’ve had zero distractions. The only thing I have to do all day is train and that creates a very dangerous person.

“I have nothing but complete confidence. [The contract situation] doesn’t make me fearful, it doesn’t make me nervous. The training I’ve done in the past month kind of, you know, gives me a secret smile. I’m not worrying about this or that, I’m thinking, ‘Wait until you guys see what’s about to happen on Friday.’”

“Popularity has nothing to do with talent or skill,” Alvarez said. “Regardless of where I go -- if I’m fighting in some obscure country where no one sees me -- my skill will always follow me. Just for me to know that I can beat any lightweight in the world is good enough.

“For me, it’s about going and fighting where I can make the best living that I can for me and my family. Wherever that is, that’s where I’ll go.”

read entire article...

10/12/12 12:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Am Bones Jones Ignition Interlock Device
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First! Phone Post
10/12/12 12:38 AM
caliguy0906
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant wait to see him in the UFC
10/12/12 1:04 AM
MMALOGIC

WSOF is also in the game for talent and if SF goes away they got a good shot at getting that showtime contract.

10/12/12 1:07 AM
yellow wrkahlc

MMALOGIC - 

WSOF is also in the game for talent and if SF goes away they got a good shot at getting that showtime contract.

I would be in absolute shock if Eddie signed with WSOF instead of with the UFC.

He's a top LW who should be facing top opposition. UFC is where he belongs. 

10/12/12 3:15 AM
kingkoopa

Eddie vs Gil on the last sf card along with rousey vs cyborg Phone Post
10/12/12 4:37 AM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caliguy0906 - Cant wait to see him in the UFC
If he doesn't end up here there is something wrong. He doesn't sound like he's expecting to go to the ufc. Maybe he thinks he's better than he has actually been tested? Phone Post
10/12/12 9:55 AM
Turbogoat

Onefc Phone Post
10/12/12 3:44 PM
judochopsuey

I can't see how Eddie signs with any other promotion other than the UFC. If he seriously considers himself a top-tier lightweight then he needs to start competing against some top-tier lightweights. He is already coming off a loss against Chandler, who is relatively an unknown to the casual fan. If he thinks signing with another organization is best for him and his family financially it sounds like he might not want to face the top-tier lightweights that the UFC has to offer because in the long-run financially the UFC is the only organization that makes sense. Does he really think that WSOF or any other rinky dink organization has a chance of surviving in the long-run?
10/18/12 8:54 AM
i remember halloween

I wouldn't be shocked if Viacom, realizing he's probably the only real marketable fighter that Bellator has left, throws a ton of money at him to keep him around since they are already pretty heavily invested in Bellator.  I don't think seeing him in the UFC is as likely as people seem to think, especially after the Hector Lombard debut.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.