UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Liddell: Teixeira can beat Jon Jones

10/12/12 11:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

And by the end of the night Saturday, after the greatest UFC fighter you’ve never heard of steps into the Octagon against fellow Brazilian Fabio Maldonado at UFC 153 in Rio de Janiero, you’ll probably know the name Glover Teixeira.

It’s true. The 32-year-old Teixeira has only had one UFC fight, at UFC 146 earlier this year where he submitted Kyle Kingsbury within two minutes. This is why it can be a bit befuddling when a fighter with the cachet of Hall of Famer Liddell says this about Teixeira: “Now that he’s finally in the UFC he will make a run at the title very quickly. He can beat anyone in the top 5, including Jon Jones.”

“He’s just the complete package,” Liddell told FOXSports.com about Teixeira. “He’s big, he’s dangerous, he’s hard to take down and harder to get back up. On top that, if you’re not careful in transition, he’s going to catch you with something. He hits hard. He can take a punch. He loves fighting, and it’s going to be a fun fight to watch.”

read entire article...

10/12/12 11:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OneGloveJimmerson
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NEWS FLASH: TRAINING PARTNER TALKS UP TEAM MEMBER AS FUTURE CHAMP
10/12/12 11:18 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OneGloveJimmerson - NEWS FLASH: TRAINING PARTNER TALKS UP TEAM MEMBER AS FUTURE CHAMP
Lol Phone Post
10/13/12 2:45 PM
tempus

Surprised this thread isn't getting any attention =\

10/13/12 2:58 PM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/13/12 3:00 PM
Toquinho
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovinho for the win Phone Post
10/13/12 3:02 PM
Bispingoed by UGCTT_Benwahwah
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

Nice Phone Post
10/13/12 3:05 PM
Shogun05

tempus - Surprised this thread isn't getting any attention =\

Because almost everybody knows that Chuck is talking out of his ass.

He's just hyping his team mate and people are buying it. Sure he's undefeated since 05 but his only good wins are against Sokoudjou and to a lesser extent Kingsbury. Then people say stupid shit like "Shogun is ducking Glover" no he isn't Glover doesn't deserve to fight Shogun or any other top 10 LHW until he has more wins against better opposition, and he certainly wouldn't beat Jones.
10/13/12 3:18 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Shogun05 -

He's just hyping his team mate and people are buying it. Sure he's undefeated since 05 but his only good wins are against Sokoudjou and to a lesser extent Kingsbury. Then people say stupid shit like "Shogun is ducking Glover" no he isn't Glover doesn't deserve to fight Shogun or any other top 10 LHW until he has more wins against better opposition, and he certainly wouldn't beat Jones.
You obviously have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Phone Post
10/13/12 3:23 PM
Shogun05

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Shogun05 -

What makes you say that? What part of my post makes it seem that I "have absolutely no idea" what I'm talking about?
10/13/12 3:31 PM
SQUEEZIE

Shogun05 - 
Shogun05 -

What makes you say that? What part of my post makes it seem that I "have absolutely no idea" what I'm talking about?

the part where u use and make sense
10/13/12 3:33 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun05 - 
Shogun05 -

hes right, you have no idea what your talking about at all, there is a reason nobody wants to fight glover. everyone knows it.
10/13/12 3:45 PM
Shogun05

UGCTT_BlahBreh - 
Shogun05 - 
Shogun05 -

hes right, you have no idea what your talking about at all, there is a reason nobody wants to fight glover. everyone knows it.

Who's everybody? Page accepted the fight, Fabio did too so clearly not everybody won't fight him.

Has it ever occurred to you that some of the bigger names won't fight him because it's a lose-lose situation? If they win then it does nothing for them because they were supposed to win but if they lose they drop way down the rankings whilst Glover flies up the ranking. He shouldn't be getting big names yet.

Look at Lombard, he was considered to be one of, if not the best MW outside of the UFC and he didn't get that big of a fight. He didn't get Silva, Belfort, Sonnen, or someone like that even though you could argue that he deserved it. So why should Glover get massive fights when he hasn't done enough to deserve it. Gustaffson had to win 5 straight to get a fight with a big name like Shogun. Yet people think Glover can beat Jones and deserves big fights after 1 UFC win and 2 big wins over 7 years. GTFO.
10/13/12 3:46 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i stopped reading after you said page accepted the fight, he pulled out to save his own life homie.

nobody wants to end there career on getting there ass WHOOPED.
10/13/12 3:48 PM
Shogun05

People act like Shogun ducked him, yeah right. He fought Overeem and Arona in one night. Fought Rampage at 23, fought Chuck, fought Machida when everybody thought he was unbeatable. But yeah, he's scared of Glover.
10/13/12 3:50 PM
Shogun05

UGCTT_BlahBreh - i stopped reading after you said page accepted the fight, he pulled out to save his own life homie.

He pulled out due to injury. If he didn't want to fight him he would've said no in the first place. I don't like Page but considering how much he wants out of the UFC and he only has 1 fight left on his contract I'm pretty sure he'd fight if he could.
10/13/12 3:53 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh

Shogun05 - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh - i stopped reading after you said page accepted the fight, he pulled out to save his own life homie.

He pulled out due to injury. If he didn't want to fight him he would've said no in the first place. I don't like Page but considering how much he wants out of the UFC and he only has 1 fight left on his contract I'm pretty sure he'd fight if he could.

ya fight anyone but glover.

he pulled out to save himself from embarrassment.
10/13/12 3:54 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh

and im a rampage fan, no way he wanted to fight glover.
10/13/12 3:56 PM
shorebreaker420
1021 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun05 -
UGCTT_BlahBreh - 
Shogun05 - 
Shogun05 -

Who's everybody? Page accepted the fight, Fabio did too so clearly not everybody won't fight him.

Has it ever occurred to you that some of the bigger names won't fight him because it's a lose-lose situation? If they win then it does nothing for them because they were supposed to win but if they lose they drop way down the rankings whilst Glover flies up the ranking. He shouldn't be getting big names yet.

Look at Lombard, he was considered to be one of, if not the best MW outside of the UFC and he didn't get that big of a fight. He didn't get Silva, Belfort, Sonnen, or someone like that even though you could argue that he deserved it. So why should Glover get massive fights when he hasn't done enough to deserve it. Gustaffson had to win 5 straight to get a fight with a big name like Shogun. Yet people think Glover can beat Jones and deserves big fights after 1 UFC win and 2 big wins over 7 years. GTFO.
Like u jus said , they scared to lose, the whole lose lose fight is only a Shitty excuse used by people who think they might lose, or else if would jus be a win win, meaning win the fight, win another payday for the next fight u just earned, Phone Post
10/13/12 3:58 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh

seriously LOL @ "Lose/Lose"

Anderson is fighting bonnar tonight, thats a lose/lose for him but he knows its a easy pay day, hes not pulling a cop out bullshit "Lose/Lose" excuse is he?
10/13/12 4:00 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_BlahBreh - and im a rampage fan, no way he wanted to fight glover.
That's why he signed the contract.

He had no intention of going theough with it. Phone Post
10/13/12 4:01 PM
Shogun05

shorebreaker420 - 
Shogun05 -
UGCTT_BlahBreh - 
Shogun05 - 
Shogun05 -

Like u jus said , they scared to lose, the whole lose lose fight is only a Shitty excuse used by people who think they might lose, or else if would jus be a win win, meaning win the fight, win another payday for the next fight u just earned, Phone Post

Ok, say Shogun fought Glover and won what does that do for him in terms of getting closer to a title fight? Almost nothing, because he's expected to win. Meanwhile if Glover wins then Shogun has to win like 4-5 straight to get another shot, meanwhile Glover would almost certainly only need 1 more win to get a shot after defeating such a big name. Glover should be climbing the rankings slowly, like Gustaffson. Not be given a top 5 fighter after just 1 UFC fight, because Chuck is hyping the hell out of him.
10/13/12 4:03 PM
Shogun05

DoomFarmer -  "How dare ANYONE believe Jones can be beaten!!" Phone Post

I don't like the guy, I hope he does lose but Chuck's acting like it's a certainty after Glover's had 1 fight in the UFC, against Kingsbury meanwhile Jones is running through the top guys in the division.
10/13/12 4:04 PM
shorebreaker420
1021 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_BlahBreh - seriously LOL @ "Lose/Lose"

Anderson is fighting bonnar tonight, thats a lose/lose for him but he knows its a easy pay day, hes not pulling a cop out bullshit "Lose/Lose" excuse is he?
Nope, I don't care for Anderson but he stepped up, as for Glover, these fighters turning him down because he's a no name? Is a joke.. Shogun knows and knew what's Glovers about and he wanted no part of it, rampage faking a injury... Phone Post
10/13/12 4:08 PM
Shogun05

shorebreaker420 - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh - seriously LOL @ "Lose/Lose"

Nope, I don't care for Anderson but he stepped up, as for Glover, these fighters turning him down because he's a no name? Is a joke.. Shogun knows and knew what's Glovers about and he wanted no part of it, rampage faking a injury... Phone Post

So, Rashad, Shogun and Page are all scared of Glover? They've been fighting the top guys for years, why would they be scared of Glover? If/when Glover gets a few wins and deserves to fight Rashad, Shogun, Machida e.t.c. I guarantee they will all take the fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.