UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier: 'I wish somebody would have told me'

10/12/12 11:52 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The news that a second straight event has been scrapped by Strikeforcewhich was announced in a joint Strikeforce/Showtime press release, immediately angered heavyweight headliner Daniel Cormier, who had been training and anticipating an opponent switch.

"I wish somebody would have told me something," he told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani. "This is unbelievable. I'm very upset. I just want to be informed. That's all. I don't think that's asking for too much."

Strikeforce has not produced a card since August 18, but with the possibility of returns from Melendez and Rockhold, the probability of a Cormier fight and most of the rest of the roster being available, the broadcast partners expect to put on a major event next time out.

Read entire article...

10/12/12 11:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they told him by making it public... i mean when the decision is final they made a public statement... do these guys expect them to call every fighter first?

10/12/12 11:58 PM
puddlesmith
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah there's like a dozen people on that card! That's alot of phone calls!
10/13/12 12:00 AM
Brigham
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

they told him by making it public... i mean when the decision is final they made a public statement... do these guys expect them to call every fighter first?

If you're the main event I don't think that's too much to ask. If you think the handling if Strikeforce recently is anything but unprofessional, you're wrong. Phone Post
jtown2
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

puddlesmith - yeah there's like a dozen people on that card! That's alot of phone calls!
That's a lot of work. Phone Post
Brigham
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

puddlesmith - yeah there's like a dozen people on that card! That's alot of phone calls!
Lol fucking this Phone Post
Sergio88
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks they didn't tell him they should have told their top star, that the event was cancelled hopefully him and the other fighters are paid their show money.

10/13/12 12:14 AM
CindyO

MMALOGIC - 

It would be nice. Its not like they have a really long list. And DM has been a company guy the entire time. S

Cindy

10/13/12 12:29 AM
Joe_Drogan420

Ridiculous. Fighters like him and Melendez should be in the UFC. Companies falling apart like this only hurts the fighters. These guys are in their prime right now and aren't getting to fight due to incompetence in business management.
10/13/12 12:43 AM
Hocky Balboa
6307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well just a second there, professor.  We uh, we fixed the glitch.  So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.

10/13/12 12:45 AM
AnthonyMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daniel needs to come on the internet every once in awhile......
10/13/12 2:06 AM
MMALOGIC

Brigham - 
MMALOGIC -

If you're the main event I don't think that's too much to ask. If you think the handling if Strikeforce recently is anything but unprofessional, you're wrong. Phone Post

by the time you call them they've already found out by the media... and then what's left to discuss really?

10/13/12 2:20 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is DC saying he wishes someone had called him before making the news public or that Showtime would have been letting him know what's going on leading up to this?
10/13/12 2:50 AM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

Most likely I was informed before he was. Thats fucking brutal.
10/13/12 3:01 AM
The Sauce
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
MMALOGIC - 

It would be nice. Its not like they have a really long list. And DM has been a company guy the entire time. S

Cindy

I agree, fighters aren't robots they are people who need to pay bills too Phone Post
10/13/12 3:08 AM
SOO72

Which Zuffa idiot is giving the orders over there? Showtime's fault, right?
10/13/12 3:30 AM
Ryan Black
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF! I wish someone would have told DC too. I wish they'd have also told him he'd instead be fighting in the UFC. Strikeforce seems to be lacking in the "sufficient matchmaking" area.

It's getting embarassing. Please turn Strikeforce into the premiere WMMA promotion and move the guys that are worth it to the UFC prelims. Either that, or bring somebody in who can manage things well and get shit done right, and make it the official MMA minor-league launchpad. Either of those ideas sound much better to me than what they're doing now. I was really looking forward to watching Cormier fight. Sucks... Phone Post
10/13/12 3:32 AM
RandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait till Cormier is fighting in the UFC.... Phone Post
10/13/12 3:57 AM
stonepony

Shut down SF already. Long time coming.
10/13/12 5:28 AM
Chappie
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just end it already, I dig Strikeforce, but just as everyone predicted when it was purchased by Zuffa, Zuffa had no long term intent on keeping Strikeforce alive. The entire purpose in Zuffa purchasing Strikeforce was to obtain the fighter contracts and to more importantly, kill a counterweight that could have been used by fighters to drive the price of fighter contracts higher. Phone Post
10/13/12 5:42 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I volunteer to be the UFC's bad news call guy.

Fighters opponent is hurt? I'll tell him.

Gotta cut somebody? What's his number?

Tell Dana there's no Pink Berry in town? I'll direct him to Merla Mae Phone Post
10/13/12 5:53 AM
KZTT_W85
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Group text IMO Phone Post
10/13/12 6:28 AM
TenOfSwords
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least the WEC had a "dignified" ending.

10/13/12 11:12 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's time to move Cormier to the UFC.

10/13/12 11:13 AM
robcardno

I'm so upset no one told him!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.