UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Hulk Hogan at it again.

10/13/12 2:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/13/12 2:12 PM

As had been reported, Hulk Hogan has gone on the record a few times now claiming that he was offered the role of Randy “The Ram” Robinson in The Wrestler, but had turned it down because he didn’t want his reputation to distract from the film itself. He reiterated this claim on his recent Howard Stern appearance.

Apparently, this little tidbit is news to Darren Aronofsky who as director and producer would probably know.

Aronofsky posted to Twitter:

for the record the role of the wrestler was always @mickeyrourke it was never hulk hogan’s as he claims on @howardstern

----------------------

How many times can a guy get called out on his own bullshit before learning to shut up? 

Hogan's acomplishments over the years

-Slamming 800 lb Andre 

-Orginally the lead guy for in home grilling (not George Foreman) 

-Could of played in Metalica 

-Was sought after for the lead role in The Wrestler but declined

I'm sure I'm forgetting many too

10/13/12 2:15 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL this is actually funny.

He also claimed to once have been taller, but shrunk from giving the leg drop.  He needs another book where he includes all of this and more.

Meanwhile Warrior heard about this and punched several holes in the wall.

10/13/12 4:21 PM
jrrrrr
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess he has been so busy for so many years he never had time to learn how to wrestle. He never had time to get good enough in the ring that he did not have to be carried by much better wrestlers.
He never had time to learn the difference between a wrist lock and a wristwatch...
10/13/12 4:31 PM
othree
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hogan only lives in the world of kayfabe. He completely transcended reality in the mid 80's.
10/13/12 5:13 PM
Nuckin Futs
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need to correct you on one thing Winky. Andre is up to 898 lbs now. He gains weight each time Hogan thinks about the match.
10/13/12 5:24 PM
othree
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm also pretty sure I remember a radio interview some years back where Hogan claimed Andre was just over a thousand pounds. He literally said after making that claim that he "body slammed over half a ton with no assistance, since Andre didn't want to be slammed."

Fuckin' Hogan.
10/13/12 5:39 PM
grizz632
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hulk Hogan = Bill Brasky
10/13/12 5:50 PM
FCFBlazer
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man, still one of my heros Phone Post
10/13/12 7:04 PM
othree

FCFBlazer -  Oh man, still one of my heros Phone Post

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. Hogan is a GRADE A BULLSHITTER to the max but I don't regret my days as a Hulkamaniac! Hogan was the man when I was growing up. The thing is, he could still be the man, but he threw all that down the shitter once he sold his soul for a reality TV show.
10/13/12 7:05 PM
othree

I'll elaborate just a little: after Hogan vs. Rock, Hogan was the fucking All American hero in the eyes of many, myself included, once again. But then he decided to do reality TV, he decided to goto TNA, and you know the rest. He couldn't help but keep shoving that dagger a little deeper into his legacy with every decision he made after his second WWE run.
10/13/12 8:10 PM
othree

THABADGUY -  "Fuck the Hollywood blonde Jabroni , if it wasn't for sheik, the legend the real, then the hogan still work at the gay bar and play the guitar" Phone Post

If someone could find a link to that Sheik interview I would give them a fucking footjob.
10/13/12 9:34 PM
Beezulbubba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't he once claim that he worked more days then there are in a year, and when called on it he said it was because he crossed timezones so much he actually gained days?
10/14/12 5:22 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He shouldve quit after that time he returned as the Hulkster in WCW in 99. One more match in the red and yellow then end it. Phone Post
10/14/12 4:07 PM
instantkarma
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - He shouldve quit after that time he returned as the Hulkster in WCW in 99. One more match in the red and yellow then end it. Phone Post
And miss out on Hogan vs Rock? Phone Post
10/14/12 4:10 PM
ArtMinaj

Beezulbubba - Didn't he once claim that he worked more days then there are in a year, and when called on it he said it was because he crossed timezones so much he actually gained days?

Never heard that, but man I hope it is true.  Hogan is hilarious.

10/14/12 4:15 PM
gibbons08
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember Hogan saying that in a interview once! Phone Post
10/14/12 4:32 PM
ArtMinaj

LOL good, that's funnier than the rest. 

10/14/12 10:21 PM
Festus
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol....

This is a good read on hogans tales

http://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/the-mad-lies-of-hulk-hogan/

It includes the 400 days a year sTory as well as letting us know hogan fought in Pride in the 70's lol Phone Post
10/14/12 10:46 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Festus - Lol....

This is a good read on hogans tales

http://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/the-mad-lies-of-hulk-hogan/

It includes the 400 days a year sTory as well as letting us know hogan fought in Pride in the 70's lol Phone Post
Simply baffling

The Belushi one is my new favorite. Phone Post
10/15/12 12:27 AM
edward nigma
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember he also claimed he was asked to join Metallica in it early days
10/15/12 4:32 PM
ArtMinaj

we need to get him to post some tales here, that shit is gold.

I actually believed the Foreman story at first until the others came along. 

10/15/12 7:45 PM
Winky is Wright

ArtMinaj - 

Me too. 

on a funny note. our school used to have a "prize store" for kids to cash in their reading points to get prizes. I remember one year they had the Hulk Hogan mixers.. Those things were the best (for the five days they actually worked)

10/15/12 9:03 PM
ArtMinaj

Winky is Wright - 
ArtMinaj - 

Me too. 

on a funny note. our school used to have a "prize store" for kids to cash in their reading points to get prizes. I remember one year they had the Hulk Hogan mixers.. Those things were the best (for the five days they actually worked)

LOL we have a store like that, but nothing that cool in there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.