UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Ads in the iPhone app?????

10/13/12 6:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BravoPUA
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when was it decided that you guys were going to add ads to the iPhone app

which I paid for and didn't have in them until today

thought this already cause a shit storm once before

not cool
10/13/12 6:10 PM
BravoPUA
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/13/12 6:14 PM
RickStorm
1830 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Ads are only on for the weekend

10/13/12 6:16 PM
RickStorm
1830 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
BravoPUA - 

thought this already cause a shit storm once before

Oh and grrrrr, I hate that term

10/13/12 6:30 PM
BravoPUA

You guys can update it to add ads, but not update it for the bigger screen on an iPhone 5

Update it and add search

Update it and add tapout section

But ads= yes

F-ed up priorities IMO Phone Post
10/13/12 6:31 PM
UKTT`s official bottom wiper
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only for the weekend! What a crock of shit. Phone Post
10/13/12 6:35 PM
UGCTT_Blake
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought that app when it was 9.99. Dont really think i should have adds. Just saying.
10/13/12 6:36 PM
BravoPUA

Add makes it so only 7 lines of text show

Steve Jobs's corpse would triangle you if he saw this shit! Phone Post
10/13/12 6:37 PM
BravoPUA

UGCTT_Blake - I bought that app when it was 9.99. Dont really think i should have adds. Just saying.
That was the shit storm

Free= ads

Paid= no ads

And sure as shit not

Paid= no ads, then we as them later to make the app less functional whenever wee want Phone Post
10/13/12 6:39 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, give me a blue if you're gonna use ads. Phone Post
10/13/12 6:39 PM
BravoPUA

- and never posted a thread like this before EVER

but after I emailed a few here about YouTube glitch with ios6 and before it went live

- trying to be cool and give a heads up

Never even heard back/ got a response so guess this is the only way to deal with stuff like this. Phone Post
10/13/12 6:42 PM
TheParrot
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard Kirik just bought a new vacation home and needs the extra income to cover the mortgage.

10/13/12 6:43 PM
Festus
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Blake - I bought that app when it was 9.99. Dont really think i should have adds. Just saying.
When was the app ever 9.99

I think it was 2.99 when i bought. I bought the apple app when it first came out and the android app a few months ago when i switched phones. Phone Post
10/13/12 6:55 PM
Choochy
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood - I like Ads. I find them informative and a good way to find out how to spend my money.

Without Ads my life would be boring.

Thanks UG people. Please can we have Ads on other days too. Phone Post
Yea, instead of a white background the forums should be imposed over Assassins Creed wallpapers and what not.

Fuck, why not throw in some unskippable videos before you get to read a thread as well.

Gotta get paid. Phone Post
10/13/12 6:55 PM
BravoPUA

Ahhhhh

Ads on the weekend of a UFC

When all of us will be here, adding the MOST value to the site.

THAT'S when you put them up.

Nice way to support the community here.

I keep my site ad free, so have a 180 degree perspective on this subject. Phone Post
10/13/12 6:57 PM
Morgz
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9.99???? when was it ever that high?

I paid 2.99 also

10/13/12 7:06 PM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the big deal ?? Honestly, it's there at the top for a whole two seconds before you scroll down. I say do what you have to do, if ads help the UG then so be it, they never bothered me, most people just need something to bitch about. Phone Post
10/13/12 7:13 PM
Brandable
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty unconventional. 

10/13/12 7:21 PM
BravoPUA

Johnny D - What's the big deal ?? Honestly, it's there at the top for a whole two seconds before you scroll down. I say do what you have to do, if ads help the UG then so be it, they never bothered me, most people just need something to bitch about. Phone Post
It's like buying a movie, watching it, then one day the movie company adds commercials to it

You don't change something, add ads, make the product weaker- AFTER someone purchased it

No mater how small it is.

I never bitch about stuff, but really hate this way of thinking/ treating customers Phone Post
10/13/12 7:33 PM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BS move imo. Phone Post
10/13/12 7:38 PM
UGCTT_Blake
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Festus -

I think it was 2.99 when i bought. I bought the apple app when it first came out and the android app a few months ago when i switched phones. Phone Post
When it very first came out. I bought it when I first got an iPhone 3G. It was the first app I bought. Phone Post
10/13/12 7:56 PM
UGCTT_Blake

Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_Blake - 
Festus -

When it very first came out. I bought it when I first got an iPhone 3G. It was the first app I bought. Phone Post

I got it when it first came out i live in the UK and i didn't pay no where near that... probably a couple of bucks.
I'm trying to find my purchase history to make sure I'm not crazy.. But i am pretty sure I paid 9.99 Phone Post
10/13/12 8:02 PM
BravoPUA

just checked, I paid 1.99
10/13/12 8:05 PM
Festus
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BravoPUA - just checked, I paid 1.99
That's more like it. I bought the apple one almost immediately. Maybe it was 1.99 and the Droid one 2.99

Im curious to see if it ever was 9.99 though Phone Post
10/13/12 8:07 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought the app on an iPhone and my girlfriend has it on her android. Kinda lame, guys. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.