UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Ads in the iPhone app?????

11/1/12 10:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ahh.  makes sense.

seriously though, ads on a paid app is ridiculous.  even if it's only sometimes..... 

11/1/12 10:36 AM
BravoPUA
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 
disbeliever - Work is being done on the app, as I believe both Chris and Kirik have told people.
Are you talking about an updated app?

We are talking about THIS. The current app.

Instead of having someone spend time on coding to make this one worse, why not have them work on the new one??

And why are ads back after we were told multiple times they were just for UFC weekend? Phone Post

I'm not really sure what you're asking me.

I want to have a serious conversation with you, and discuss things, but when you throw out comments such as "Instead of having someone spend time on coding to make this one worse" that tells me you are just someone that likes to complain for the sake of complaining. Maybe I am wrong.

There is a laundry list of tasks to improve/expand the app, and they are being addressed. When there are updates/information, it will be communicated.

As for why the ads are back, I can look into it and find out for you.
I am serious.

After it was brought up that there is work on a new app.

My follow up question is- why is anyone spending time tweaking THIS the current app?

Why isn't that work/time being spent on the new app?

But the main question is- why are we seeing adds again?

It caused a shit storm before- they were removed. Then added again- I made this thread and was told (and read multiple times) - just for the weekend.

Now they are back.

So what's the deal?

Are we being lied to?

Who thinks its ok to add ads to an app, we PAID for- AFTER we already own it?

Bait and switch

Search thru all my posts. I've never made a thread like this.

That should also clearly demonstrate how fucked up it is- to me Phone Post
11/1/12 10:37 AM
BravoPUA
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -
suess - 
disbeliever - Work is being done on the app, as I believe both Chris and Kirik have told people.

what exactly does that have to do with the ads on the app?  

seriously, kirik, wtf is going on here?  

I posted that because people(OP) was complaining not only about the ads, but about iphone 5 screen size etc.
I didn't complain. Those were just examples of useful things the work/time that was spent on turning on the ads- could be working on instead. Phone Post
11/1/12 10:42 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BravoPUA -
disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 
disbeliever - Work is being done on the app, as I believe both Chris and Kirik have told people.

Instead of having someone spend time on coding to make this one worse, why not have them work on the new one??

And why are ads back after we were told multiple times they were just for UFC weekend? Phone Post

I want to have a serious conversation with you, and discuss things, but when you throw out comments such as "Instead of having someone spend time on coding to make this one worse" that tells me you are just someone that likes to complain for the sake of complaining. Maybe I am wrong.

There is a laundry list of tasks to improve/expand the app, and they are being addressed. When there are updates/information, it will be communicated.

I am serious.

My follow up question is- why is anyone spending time tweaking THIS the current app?

It caused a shit storm before- they were removed. Then added again- I made this thread and was told (and read multiple times) - just for the weekend.

Now they are back.

So what's the deal?

Are we being lied to?

Bait and switch

Do you not get how it works? They don't make a NEW app, they update this one. The first part of your post IS bitching solely for the sake of it. They aren't working on a new app OR ignoring this one. They're UPDATING this one with new features and (hopefully) nixing the ads. Phone Post
11/1/12 10:45 AM
HallmansHammock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BravoPUA -
disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 

I am serious.

Now they are back.

So what's the deal?

Are we being lied to?

Bait and switch

You've got good points for sure. They definitely shouldn't be adding ad's to an app for which we already payed for. It's the only paid app on my phone that shows ad's. Release a free lite version if your gonna start fishing for ad revenue. Phone Post
11/1/12 10:49 AM
Chaz Johnson

The app is in need of some work. Phone Post
11/1/12 11:15 AM
BravoPUA

Salokcin69 -
BravoPUA -
disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 

I am serious.

Now they are back.

So what's the deal?

Are we being lied to?

Bait and switch

Do you not get how it works? They don't make a NEW app, they update this one. The first part of your post IS bitching solely for the sake of it. They aren't working on a new app OR ignoring this one. They're UPDATING this one with new features and (hopefully) nixing the ads. Phone Post
A new app = a download from apple

Also an official update. Eg 2.0-2.2 version

I haven't downloaded anything new- so why is my current app changing?

Why is that change annoying adds- that they are making money off of.

THAT is the issue.

The second question, I only called them out on- why is anyone tweaking this app, the man hours spent on that should instead be spent on the update we've all heard about.

Without ads- since we paid for this.

Not bitching- an unhappy customer- after they've already taken my money. Phone Post
11/1/12 11:21 AM
AJS19ad6
363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -

Ads are only on for the weekend

You mean Weekend(s) right?

I've been seeing these for quite some time now..

I posted a thread like this on the OG and got VTFD for it. Haha Phone Post
11/1/12 11:23 AM
AJS19ad6
363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
11/1/12 11:24 AM
AJS19ad6

Phone Post
11/1/12 11:28 AM
Chomas
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's bullshit. Money grab so I'm not renewing my blue. Paid apps should always be ad free. Phone Post
11/1/12 11:32 AM
BravoPUA

And my reason for bringing up iPhone 5 update=. The app is already smaller than the screen. Adding ads makes the screen real estate even smaller.

Great idea!!! Phone Post
11/1/12 11:36 AM
AJS19ad6

Phone Post
11/1/12 11:48 AM
BravoPUA

An official MMA management picture has been leaked!!!! Phone Post
11/1/12 12:01 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJS19ad6 - Phone Post
Bwuahahahahahha Phone Post
11/1/12 12:10 PM
OG 12er
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, perfect use of a Samsung note. Haha Phone Post
11/1/12 12:15 PM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub'd to hear b.s. response
11/1/12 12:36 PM
3 Sided Square
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas - It's bullshit. Money grab so I'm not renewing my blue. Paid apps should always be ad free. Phone Post
I forgot which app I bought, but it clearly stated it's paid but with ads to keep the upfront cost down. I didn't mind that because they were honest. Phone Post
11/1/12 1:19 PM
SonOfThePeepHole

ive one star rated both android and iphone apps for good now.

i brought this up a few months back snd kirik's response was "i didnt know this was against paid app ettiquite"

aloe and behold they are back, i dont like being lied to Phone Post
11/1/12 1:44 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Another reason not to go blue. It ruins the experience for me seeing shitty ads popping up all over the place.

Don't fuck with me!!! Phone Post
11/1/12 1:46 PM
FirstScratch
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Placing ads in a paid app is definitely against the norm. Doing so without first addressing the greater concerns of your customers is completely unacceptable. And to have the audacity to complain about your customers complaining about such shenanigans? It's fairly simple. Refine your product. It's been a work in progress in work for far too long. If you want to utilize ads, do it on a lite app for free like like every other application.
11/1/12 1:55 PM
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/12 2:36 PM
RobinHood - 

I like Ads. I find them informative and a good way to find out how to spend my money.

Without Ads my life would be boring.

Thanks UG people. Please can we have Ads on other days too. Phone Post

Quit trying.

The current app model most companies adopt is ads for free apps, and no ads for paid apps. Matter of fact, since I paid to have a blue name, I don't think I should have to see ads on the desktop version, either. And given how flakey this forum is, maybe not loading so much stuff, including flash ads for paying members would be a good thing to do.
11/1/12 2:03 PM
disbeliever
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
FirstScratch - Placing ads in a paid app is definitely against the norm. Doing so without first addressing the greater concerns of your customers is completely unacceptable. And to have the audacity to complain about your customers complaining about such shenanigans? It's fairly simple. Refine your product. It's been a work in progress in work for far too long. If you want to utilize ads, do it on a lite app for free like like every other application.

I'm just curious. Who are you referring to that "complained about your customers complaining about such shenanigans"?
11/1/12 2:34 PM
BravoPUA

disbeliever -
FirstScratch - Placing ads in a paid app is definitely against the norm. Doing so without first addressing the greater concerns of your customers is completely unacceptable. And to have the audacity to complain about your customers complaining about such shenanigans? It's fairly simple. Refine your product. It's been a work in progress in work for far too long. If you want to utilize ads, do it on a lite app for free like like every other application.

I'm just curious. Who are you referring to that "complained about your customers complaining about such shenanigans"?
Maybe it was this part

"that tells me you are just someone that likes to complain for the sake of complaining. Maybe I am wrong."

Which I also didn't like.

Once money is involved, it changes from "guys on a forum" to customers

I like to go the extra mile to take care of my customers.

...others don't. Phone Post
11/1/12 2:45 PM
disbeliever
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
BravoPUA - 
disbeliever -

Maybe it was this part

"that tells me you are just someone that likes to complain for the sake of complaining. Maybe I am wrong."

Which I also didn't like.

Once money is involved, it changes from "guys on a forum" to customers

I like to go the extra mile to take care of my customers.

...others don't. Phone Post

I'm pretty sure I have made an honest effort to address questions and answer them honestly and politely.

You were doing nothing to help the situation when you said "instead of taking the time to make this app worse". That to me is just complaining just to complain. You were not asking a question, but taking a dig. You were not being constructive, instead you were implying everything done is a fail and makes things worse.

And again with implications that this site, and Kirik/Chris don't like to "take care of their customers". When has Kirik ever done anything but be polite and help people on this site? Just a few days ago he was giving away blue names for anyone who donated to charity. I would call that "going the extra mile" wouldn't you?

And as I was implying with my question I'm just curious. Who are you referring to that "complained about your customers complaining about such shenanigans"? I was not in any way "complaining about people complaining". I have no issues at all with people complaining about things if they do it in a constructive way. You just seem to be complaining for the sake of it and taking digs when you can at this site and the owners. I.e. implying we are wasting time on making things "worse" and that this site doesn't take care of its customers.

Have you emailed and PM'd Chris and Kirik about your issues? Have they responded to you? What about Jason? Even savage napkin is an admin now, you could email him.

Seeing as how I am the only red who responded to this thread, I think that shows I am trying to help.

I will say it again, a list of action items are in dev regarding the app and either issues it has, or updates it needs to make it a better experience for users. And in case you missed it the first time, I said I would look into the ad banners showing up all of the time and get an answer.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.