UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Ads in the iPhone app?????

11/4/12 2:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SonOfThePeepHole
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BravoPUA - still havent got an official explanation about why the ads were back

:(
why would you?

dont hold your breath Phone Post
11/4/12 2:52 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
11/4/12 8:32 AM
BravoPUA
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And now I'm vote down because of this thread??

I am fighting for THE PEOPLE!!! Phone Post
11/4/12 10:35 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do you pay for the sherdog ap? Phone Post
11/4/12 10:53 AM
Choochy
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase -

Ads on the app again...that's obnoxious. I've pretty much accepted you guys are determined to have them in there, but putting them where the Next and Last page buttons were is a douche move. This site is already loaded with shit and now an app I paid for has apps in every thread. That's fantastic.

Oh well, just thought I'd get my 2 cents in before my bluename expires in 3 days and my opinion no longer matters.

Haha you really think your opinion matters because your blue?

They don't care regardless. The mentality of this site changed significantly over the last 3-4 years. Phone Post
11/4/12 11:43 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

I keep toying with the idea of going blue but it just doesn't seem to be good value. Phone Post
11/4/12 11:56 AM
Tat2tillidie
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BravoPUA -
SonOfThePeepHole - 
disbeliever -
SonOfThePeepHole -  this site is a joke, there are better sites with less invasive ads that are better kept with NO rediculous pay gate.

the reason this pay gate still exists is because you people still pay to see fapout... Phone Post

You don't even have a blue name, so I fail to see why this is why you feel the "site is a joke".
And what exactly does a blue name get me thats of any value?

I have paid for the iphone and android app but still see ads, if i had a blue name i would still see ads in the app and on the site?

So again whats a blue for except for lining KirIks pocket? Phone Post

it use to be to support the site, and even something similar to what I do on my (small) forum

but

I dont have ANY ads on it

now that they are forcing them down our throats- the "support the site" mindset is going away fast

I just can't wrap my head around this way of thinking

people come to a site= make it awesome

site gets good page rank

start selling ads to make $$

and not take care of the guys who helped get it to this point, make it less and less user friendly

until you get to the point that it's annoying

then ignore members- or lie to them about

-typed as I was forced to constantly look at a HORRIBLE flash ad for LAB TESTING

JUST what I want to see while I am typing this out- just the right of the screen

-I've been around since submission fighting- not some new guys who just likes to bitch for the sake of bitching
What's your site ? Phone Post
11/4/12 7:46 PM
BravoPUA
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

click my name- my profile has it in it

not linking here- dont even want anyone to think I am spinning this into a advert for me

(search my name here and read the PoF thread where tons of guys got laid with my advice)
11/5/12 9:07 AM
BravoPUA

TTT for answers! Phone Post
11/5/12 9:24 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

BravoPUA - TTT for answers! Phone Post
Yeah!! I'm still interested in the responses.

I thought a MOD was looking into this? He's probably buried in the Nevada Desert for uncovering 'the truth'!! Phone Post
11/5/12 10:08 AM
disbeliever
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

I thought a MOD was looking into this? He's probably buried in the Nevada Desert for uncovering 'the truth'!! Phone Post

I was looking into it, and still am. And despite being the only one responding to all of you, I got voted down on this thread.

So much for helping out eh?
11/5/12 10:57 AM
Leigh
916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ads on a paid app are uncool. Shame cos Assassins Creed looked interesting but now I won't buy it out of principle.
11/5/12 11:04 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

disbeliever -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

I was looking into it, and still am. And despite being the only one responding to all of you, I got voted down on this thread.

I haven't voted you down dude. I wasn't having a go, just hasn't heard anything for a while :) Phone Post
11/5/12 11:30 AM
BravoPUA

disbeliever -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

4 days for an answer is crazy.

Let alone 4 days for you.

I and others feel like we are getting the run around. So not surprised votes down. Phone Post
11/5/12 11:58 AM
disbeliever
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/05/12 11:58 AM
BravoPUA - 
disbeliever -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

I and others feel like we are getting the run around. So not surprised votes down. Phone Post

You do realize everyone of us doesn't sit around on a PC 24/7 and have lives, right? People have vacations, commitments etc.

It's good to know you feel that way though, that the guy who doesn't own the site or make the calls tries to offer help in tracking down an answer and you feel what you deem a slow turn around deserves a vote down. I won't be rushing in to try and answer your questions anymore.
11/5/12 12:07 PM
suess
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are you saying kirik hasn't been available to answer questions?  he's been actively posting.  thanks for checking on this but stop defending this place about the ads.  they know they fucked up but they don't care cuz the money is good.  

11/5/12 12:09 PM
disbeliever

suess - 

are you saying kirik hasn't been available to answer questions?  he's been actively posting.  thanks for checking on this but stop defending this place about the ads.  they know they fucked up but they don't care cuz the money is good.  

Serious?

When, at any point in this thread, have I EVER defended the ads being in the app? When have I even given a reason as to why they might be there?

I haven't

So where are you getting this idea I'm defending the ads being there?
11/5/12 12:14 PM
suess
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you're defending this place, not specifically the ads.  you're defending their slow or complete lack of a response, i should say.  

management is ignoring the problem, sleeping on a pile of dollar bills.  i must say i'm surprised, as kirik is usually pretty quick to address any customer service issues. 

11/5/12 12:18 PM
disbeliever

suess - 

you're defending this place, not specifically the ads.  you're defending their slow or complete lack of a response, i should say.  

management is ignoring the problem, sleeping on a pile of dollar bills.  i must say i'm surprised, as kirik is usually pretty quick to address any customer service issues. 

You specifically said I was "defending this place about the ads", which I wasn't. So you were just bitching at me to bitch, and wrong, despite me trying to help?

I love this mentality. I honestly came in here trying to give answers and offer to look into things for people, and I get accused of defending what your bitching about (despite never once doing that) and voted down.
11/5/12 12:25 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

disbeliever -
suess - 

You specifically said I was "defending this place about the ads", which I wasn't. So you were just bitching at me to bitch, and wrong, despite me trying to help?

I love this mentality. I honestly came in here trying to give answers and offer to look into things for people, and I get accused of defending what your bitching about (despite never once doing that) and voted down.
I think you're being a little sensitive. In regards to your help I do appreciate it.

What's the process you have to follow to get an answer and what's a reasonable eta for an answer?

I think if you helped manage expectations folk would chill. : ) Phone Post
11/5/12 12:26 PM
Leigh
916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will vote you up to make up for it. I appreciate your efforts
11/5/12 12:36 PM
suess

disbeliever - 
suess - 

i already corrected myself.  no i wasn't bitching at you to bitch.  are you kidding?  

you're defending their slow or complete lack of a response, i should say.  

sorry i insinuated you defended the UG about the ads.  I'm sure you were really hurt and offended by it.  

11/5/12 12:42 PM
BravoPUA

disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 
disbeliever -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

You do realize everyone of us doesn't sit around on a PC 24/7 and have lives, right? People have vacations, commitments etc.

It's good to know you feel that way though, that the guy who doesn't own the site or make the calls tries to offer help in tracking down an answer and you feel what you deem a slow turn around deserves a vote down. I won't be rushing in to try and answer your questions anymore.
Man you are jumping the gun

I pointed out that 4 days for them to answer you was crazy.

And 4 days and how long since the start of this thread, for an official answer....?

Not an answer that turned out to not be correct. "Weekends"

The "lives" and not on here 24/7 line is bullshit.

This is their business. You handle business and customer service issues in a timely manner.

I do everything on my site by myself. Get hit up from every avenue (email, pms, FB twitter, ims, comments on my site in the wrong section, and my forum) and answer everything ASAP. So have no pity when others , with staff, don't.

The fact that they treat paying customers like this- insert ads into a previously purchased app, then ignore = all add up to a big F U to a once happy customer. Phone Post
11/5/12 4:46 PM
DaddyRich
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Disbeliever is trolling you guys. Disbeliever I'm sure you've tried to contact the powers that be to provide assistance on this thread but I don't see how getting defensive and nitpicking the comments of the people complaining is helping anyone. This thread has gone off the rails and there still isn't any REAL response from the guys in charge.

11/5/12 5:37 PM
hockey fighter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chareth Cutestory - Ads in a paid app is a total dick move.
I agree. I saw them on the andrroid app and was like WTF, I accidentally clicked on trying to scroll! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.