UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Ads in the iPhone app?????

11/5/12 4:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Disbeliever is trolling you guys. Disbeliever I'm sure you've tried to contact the powers that be to provide assistance on this thread but I don't see how getting defensive and nitpicking the comments of the people complaining is helping anyone. This thread has gone off the rails and there still isn't any REAL response from the guys in charge.

11/5/12 5:37 PM
hockey fighter
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chareth Cutestory - Ads in a paid app is a total dick move.
I agree. I saw them on the andrroid app and was like WTF, I accidentally clicked on trying to scroll! Phone Post
11/5/12 8:11 PM
BravoPUA
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for answers
11/5/12 10:14 PM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
DaddyRich - I think Disbeliever is trolling you guys. Disbeliever I'm sure you've tried to contact the powers that be to provide assistance on this thread but I don't see how getting defensive and nitpicking the comments of the people complaining is helping anyone. This thread has gone off the rails and there still isn't any REAL response from the guys in charge.

After this I am done responding to this thread. Since I was the only red to post, it seems I've made myself the target of peoples frustrations.

I have no idea what you are talking about that I got "defensive and nitpicked comments". I pointed out I was voted down for trying to help, which isn't getting "defensive", and I was accused of "defending the ads in the app" which I corrected and said I never did that.

So apparently pointing out how I was voted down for doing nothing but offer to look into things is getting defensive, and calling someone on a false accusation is "nitpicking". Such is life I suppose.

I have put the discussion to the mod/admin group about this topic
11/6/12 9:10 AM
BravoPUA
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've felt like you've nitpicked.

Really, IMO. With paying customers, the only response should have been-

Will look into.

Then post back with an official response.

From my perspective, I've had ads shoved down my throat, been lied to about how long they would last, had them shoved down again, then had an official representative of the company not be very professional -eg "bitch for the sake of bitching" comment. =Which I don't.

You are seeing it from your perspective, and there could be some stuff that we don't know about behind the scenes. But if no one lets us know, not our fault.

I just want an official explanation why they were added in the first place, why they were put back up- we were then told JUST FOR THE WEEKEND, then they have been up since.

I also want to know if they are coming back up- how to get a refund, because that wasn't the product I originally purchased. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:51 AM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - 
DaddyRich - I think Disbeliever is trolling you guys. Disbeliever I'm sure you've tried to contact the powers that be to provide assistance on this thread but I don't see how getting defensive and nitpicking the comments of the people complaining is helping anyone. This thread has gone off the rails and there still isn't any REAL response from the guys in charge.

After this I am done responding to this thread. Since I was the only red to post, it seems I've made myself the target of peoples frustrations.

I have no idea what you are talking about that I got "defensive and nitpicked comments". I pointed out I was voted down for trying to help, which isn't getting "defensive", and I was accused of "defending the ads in the app" which I corrected and said I never did that.

So apparently pointing out how I was voted down for doing nothing but offer to look into things is getting defensive, and calling someone on a false accusation is "nitpicking". Such is life I suppose.

I'm not trying to take a dig at you. I think some of your replies to the frustration people are feeling made you a target. Neither thing you mentioned had anything to do with why I said you were being defensive or nitpicking comments. If some arrows on a website affect your day I'll gladly vote you up to make it up to you.

VTFU for you.
11/6/12 1:17 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -

You only seem to care about vote downs? I honestly can't fathom why it's taking so long for you to get an answer from whoever?

I'm starting to wonder whether MOD status is suitable for your mindset?

You keep reiterating how you're the only ins helping but I can't recall the help you've provided.

:( Phone Post
11/7/12 12:50 AM
BravoPUA

TTT Phone Post
11/7/12 12:42 PM
BravoPUA

TTT Phone Post
11/7/12 2:45 PM
PrettyBoy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have ads on mine now too Phone Post
11/7/12 4:40 PM
AJS19ad6
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - I have ads on mine now too Phone Post
You caught the supa aids Phone Post
11/7/12 5:29 PM
Kingtony87
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingtony87 - The ad's are quite lame and I still remember the shit storm of trying to get a android app that worked in the first place. I genuinely think that the powers that be here are decent people but their customer service here is a tad lacking. So until I either have ad's removed or a free version comes out and I get my 2$ back. One star it is. Phone Post
Ttt for answers Phone Post
11/7/12 11:36 PM
BravoPUA

TTT
11/7/12 11:38 PM
BravoPUA

funny I keep getting voted down, when I am fighting THE MAN on behalf of ALL UG and OGers!!!
11/7/12 11:43 PM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When is this going to be updated for the iPhone 5? I have a bad feeling it will be way to long :( Phone Post
11/8/12 7:41 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

BravoPUA - funny I keep getting voted down, when I am fighting THE MAN on behalf of ALL UG and OGers!!!
I was frozen now im back Phone Post
11/8/12 8:23 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

BUMPERY BUMP. Phone Post
11/8/12 8:57 AM
BravoPUA

TTT Phone Post
11/8/12 12:52 PM
BravoPUA

TTT
11/8/12 1:37 PM
smth416
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i didnt read the whole thread, just skimmed last few pages.

Someone can give me the cliff notes?

I gathered admin disbeliever made a decision to allow ads on the phone apps and and wont stop arguing with posters about it?

11/8/12 6:46 PM
BravoPUA

they put ads in paid app

thats not cool

said they would only do over UFC weekend, then they keep coming back

so they lied about

TTT-ing for answers!
11/8/12 6:53 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

smth416 - i didnt read the whole thread, just skimmed last few pages.

Someone can give me the cliff notes?

I gathered admin disbeliever made a decision to allow ads on the phone apps and and wont stop arguing with posters about it?

Not quite, Disbeliever entered the thread with a view to helping. Said he'd 'get answers' as to why Ads had been put up, then down, then up again.

Somehow it turned it descended into a silly row. There was disbelief that Disbeliever was taking so long to get answers.

He got all mad, had a tantrum and left. OP continues his pursuit for answers. Phone Post
11/8/12 9:28 PM
BravoPUA

ToneybyArmbar -  Never noticed ads until you mentioned it. You actually just increased their visibility now. Phone Post

wrong

they havent been there

they only recently added the top of the page click add

that isnt right

that is like me buying microsoft word and then microsoft putting pop up adds in the program 1 year after I bought it

very simple
11/9/12 10:33 AM
BravoPUA

TTT
11/9/12 11:31 AM
Kingtony87
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almost a Month with no answers Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.