UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nogueira, Fitch, Silva, Jason earn $70k bonuses

10/14/12 1:26 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tonight at the UFC 153 post-fight press conference, Dana White announced the event's bonuses:

Submission of the Night: Antonio Nogueira

Fight of the Night: Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva

Knockout of the Night: Rony Jason

The UFC President also laughed when saying the bonuses were $70,000 after being talked up by Stephan Bonnar.

10/14/12 1:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

good for Fitch. Hearing him talk about how much he needed money for him and his family, it was nice to see. And he deserved it with that performance.

10/14/12 1:32 AM
Jaybrone
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am kind of glad that Anderson didn't get KO of the night not that he doesn't deserve it. But because Rony Jason definitely needs that 70k more than Anderson.

10/14/12 1:33 AM
SupesUp
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Phil had the nicer sub, but I'm sure he was given something also. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:35 AM
kubzilla
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 

good for Fitch. Hearing him talk about how much he needed money for him and his family, it was nice to see. And he deserved it with that performance.

Agreed

10/14/12 1:36 AM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil subbed a blue belt

Noguiera subbed a guy who never been subbed and saud bjj doesnt work! Phone Post
10/14/12 1:38 AM
Trackman 2
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch earned it. Very happy for him.
10/14/12 1:47 AM
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

Rony earned his as well. Good decisions by the boss tonight.

10/14/12 1:50 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm completely devastated Erick lost, but well earned by Fitch. Outstanding performance, that fight will make Erick Silva better in the long run Phone Post
10/14/12 1:57 AM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that Anderson Silva doesn't need that cash, but he deserves KotN. Teixeira/Maldonado should have won FotN. Maia should have won SotN.
10/14/12 2:02 AM
BrunoMcGyver
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Fitch! 7 years of Octagon experience showed tonight!
10/14/12 2:08 AM
Yer_Momma
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to hear that everybody took home some fat "backroom bonuses" because every fighter brought it HARD. Exceptional night of fights.

10/14/12 2:12 AM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sadisticsoldier - I agree that Anderson Silva doesn't need that cash, but he deserves KotN. Teixeira/Maldonado should have won FotN. Maia should have won SotN.
A one sided mauling is not better than the back and forth fight with Fitch. Phone Post
10/14/12 2:21 AM
StutheJu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see Fitch come out with a sense of desperation. Kudos to him Phone Post
10/14/12 2:23 AM
StutheJu

10/14/12 2:28 AM
chaplinshouse
711 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fucking awesome fights!  only blemish was anderson treating bonnar like he was a pathetic joke rather than an ambassador that paved the way for his monster paychecks.  yes anderson, we know you're supposed to dominate vs bonnar, quit acting like you're about to rape the world with zenlike prowess

10/14/12 2:33 AM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russianorkhan - 
sadisticsoldier - I agree that Anderson Silva doesn't need that cash, but he deserves KotN. Teixeira/Maldonado should have won FotN. Maia should have won SotN.
Are u fuckin blind or blonde? In what fuckin weird ass world would a lopsided beat down w/ Teixeira vs Maldonado = fotn?????????? That is the most insane thing I heard all night and I heard some insane shit lol......don't mean to go off on u but c'mon, a fotn means a fight that went back and forth and you were excited to see who would win.....do u mean to tell me that's how u felt during the teixeira fight??? He should have got a dpotn bonus (dominant performance of the night together with Andy) Phone Post

Not sure why it is that insane. It was a very exciting fight to watch. Maldonado surviving through the onslaught to almost KO Glover at the end of the first round. Even at the end of the second when Maldonado couldn't stand straight he was landing and dangerous. It wasn't just a simple one sided mauling. It is a fight that illustrates fighting spirit to the fullest. Also, fight of the night doesn't mean simply back and forth. Fight of the night should mean the most exciting fight. When Glover was dancing in the cage at the end of the first after Maldonado clipped him, that was the only moment of the night that made me jump out of my seat. Now that was insane.
10/14/12 3:23 AM
Jweinberg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very happy for Fitch... Great fight.. So happy for him.. Congrats!

10/14/12 3:37 AM
StutheJu

10/14/12 3:38 AM
Dougie
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy cow! That was a killer show! KILLER SHOW!

10/14/12 5:00 AM
BloodThirsty
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wreckker -  Phil subbed a blue belt

Noguiera subbed a guy who never been subbed and saud bjj doesnt work! Phone Post

Davis subbed a guy who was actually trying to beat him. Herman's finances should be investigated to make sure he didn't take home a 'pre-fight' bonus.
10/14/12 5:09 AM
MMA Girls
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joanne, MMA Girls
Chris - 

agreed
10/14/12 10:56 AM
dogfb
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope they pay Maia behind the scenes. His sub was epic. 

10/14/12 11:14 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Sub of the night should've gone to Maia. The way he toyed with very tough Rick Story on the ground was just amazing.
10/14/12 11:18 AM
Arecsa
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia's dominance was fantastic and hopefully he was well taken care of. But it's Big Nog, in Brazil, no way he doesn't get the official bonus.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.