UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW-I guarantee I will make Silva say yes to Jones

10/14/12 9:20 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Saturday night UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva won once again in spectacular fashion, moving up to Lightheavyweight to stop Stephan Bonnar. It was his 16th consecutive UFC win.

Phone Post

Who's next?

Silva has said any number of ways that the answer is not UFC Lightheavyweight champion Jon Jones.

"This is not something I would like to happen because the times I've seen Jon Jones, he's also mentioned that he would not like to fight," said Silva recently. "We are UFC employees. I wouldn't like for this to happen because in our team, we have 'Minotauro', we have 'Feijao', we have 'Caldeirao' (Wagner Prado)... We have athletes in his division that can fight him. And I'm old. I'm getting old, guys."

He reaffirmed the position, post fight.

“No, I’m not going to fight at 205 again,” said Silva. “I fought at 205 to save the event. I fight at 185 pounds. I was just doing this to save the event and put on a show for everybody.”

In a blog in ESPN last week Silva said the fight he wants is GSP.

"I have two or three fights left in my career," blogged Silva. "After Saturday, my focus will be Georges St-Pierre."

There are obstacles to a GSP fight. First is GSP, who is coming off a long injury. The Canadian has said repeatedly that a move to middleweight would be permanent given his physiology, and that won't happen until, at the least, he has reestablished his dominance of the welterweight division. Second is the fans, who are more enthusiastic by far, about Silva vs. Jones than they are about Silva vs. GSP.

And third is UFC President Dana White, who holds Silva in the highest regard. "I think he's the greatest fighter in any combat sport," said White. "It's an honor to watch this guy fight."

And White wants to see Silva fight Jones.

“I think the Jon Jones fight is a big fight. I know my man says 'No, no, no,'" said White said at the UFC 153 post-fight press conference. "But the amount of money that would be offered for that fight, I guarantee you I will make Anderson Silva say, 'Yes, yes, yes.'"

10/14/12 9:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please, pleeeeeaaaaase... Old GOAT vs the next GOAT. Anderson calls himself an old man, but, he's still at the top of his game. How old was Fedor when people started claiming he was just passed his prime and too old and worn down? 29?

And, DW is right about Anderson being the hands down greatest in combat sports. He is what RJJ would have been if he were dedicated to MMA.
10/14/12 9:38 AM
WALLSTREET_WRESTLER

not a fan of silva or jones

but id like to see if cocky anderson would put his back against cage vs jones

not sure if anderson wants to end his career with a crazy beating....for any amount of money
10/14/12 9:39 AM
rjbo71

Good.

LOL of course he wants to fight the guy who weighs 15 lbs less than him.
10/14/12 9:41 AM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Jones vs. Anderson is definitely the fight to make.

10/14/12 9:46 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Sweet. Lets make this fight happen!!!! Phone Post
10/14/12 9:47 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Anderson and Co. Are doing a great job negotiating. Phone Post
10/14/12 9:53 AM
Winston Wolf

biggest fight in then history of the sport
10/14/12 9:53 AM
Winston Wolf

great gif thanks
10/14/12 9:55 AM
RML
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would buy that PPV twice

10/14/12 9:55 AM
RML
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/14/12 10:11 AM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RML - 

Me too!

10/14/12 10:11 AM
yabadaba

RML - 

Me too!

10/14/12 10:32 AM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana you have a better chance of becoming the next king of England than getting Anderson to say yes.  No amount of money, no amount of fans screaming for it, or you begging will get it to happen. 

10/14/12 10:35 AM
PassnSmash

10/14/12 10:38 AM
Dogman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be ok with him going up beating Jones then going back down to 185 beating GSP, then retiring.
10/14/12 10:39 AM
hendofanforlife
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - 

Dana you have a better chance of becoming the next king of England than getting Anderson to say yes.  No amount of money, no amount of fans screaming for it, or you begging will get it to happen. 

Big truckfuls of $ have a way of being persuasive. You'll see. Once he leaves Anderson silva territory and heads for pacquiao money...
10/14/12 10:41 AM
jtown2
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WALLSTREET_WRESTLER - not a fan of silva or jones

but id like to see if cocky anderson would put his back against cage vs jones

not sure if anderson wants to end his career with a crazy beating....for any amount of money
You're not a fan of Anderson or Bones? Are you a fan of MMA? These guys finish just about everyone put in front of them. 1 is the GOAT and the other is on his way to be. Phone Post
10/14/12 10:42 AM
yabadaba

chaplinshouse - 

Why not? Obviously JBJ poses the biggest threat to Anderson outside of the HW division but other than that Anderson doesn't really have a reason not to fight JBJ. It's a high risk fight for Anderson so Dana needs to up the reward.

10/14/12 10:43 AM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Biggest fight in the sport's history, bar none. Hope DFW can make it happen.

10/14/12 10:45 AM
BrckNoHitBk
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he doesn't fight him then they really need to stop playing that commercial about Anytime, Anyone and Any weight or whatever the hell it is. Or throw a little "except Jones" at the end of it.
10/14/12 10:51 AM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/12 10:53 AM
yabadaba - 
chaplinshouse - 

Why not? Obviously JBJ poses the biggest threat to Anderson outside of the HW division but other than that Anderson doesn't really have a reason not to fight JBJ. It's a high risk fight for Anderson so Dana needs to up the reward.

He won't take a fight he's supposed to lose.  He wants to go out undefeated (in the ufc).  He's already very rich.  He has all the praise as the greatest and he knows that will end if he loses.  He'll fight a Bonnar, but not a Jones

10/14/12 10:55 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

I live chaplinhouse the psychoanalyst to the starts over here. Lmfao Phone Post
10/14/12 10:55 AM
Gilbert956
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you Dana for wanting to put this fight on...thank you! Phone Post
10/14/12 10:59 AM
Typewriter

UGCTT_LnPninja -  Anderson and Co. Are doing a great job negotiating. Phone Post

this.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.