UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Hey CartoonNetwork, Where's DC Nation?

10/14/12 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crescentwrench
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tweeted by Cartoon Network

Hey  fans! Have you heard?? DC Nation will return in January with all new episodes!

Hey Cartoon Network, have you heard??  Green Lantern and Young Justice were still on the channel guide when my DVR recorded some dragon horseshit.  What's with the sudden yank two episodes into the season?  

Green Lantern I can take or leave but Young Justice is pretty damn good.  Are they fucking with them to get them canceled or something?  

10/14/12 10:51 AM
MrAmericanJiuJitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both shows are the shit

Thats gay as fuck

10/14/12 3:52 PM
fryabusa
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New Young Justice is up in the torrent world.

10/14/12 5:43 PM
RhinoBJJ_NUniao
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any good sites to watch it from iPad. I was fucking pissed to see a damn How to train your dragon cartoon on my DvR! Phone Post
10/14/12 5:50 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!  MINE RECORDED THAT DRAGON SHIT TOO. 

10/14/12 8:37 PM
grafzep
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fucking pissed
10/14/12 9:05 PM
crescentwrench
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC is determined to fuck up any franchise possibilities. Jesus just give up and call yourself the Batman company. Phone Post
10/14/12 9:36 PM
paw
1477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/12 9:42 PM
grafzep - fucking pissed

sweet baby jeebus....THIS!!!

Not sure who is to blame for this screw up, but I want Young Justice NOW!

Okay....best I can tell, the latest episode "Before the Dawn" should have aired this weekend, but is not available from Cartoon Network.

10/15/12 9:47 AM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 
grafzep - fucking pissed

sweet baby jeebus....THIS!!!

Not sure who is to blame for this screw up, but I want Young Justice NOW!

Okay....best I can tell, the latest episode "Before the Dawn" should have aired this weekend, but is not available from Cartoon Network.

the latest YJ episode is on Youtube and for purchase on itunes.
10/15/12 10:10 AM
paw
1477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet!  Thanks!

FYI...part 1 (of 5) is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0YAwixVI_0

....and the comments contain the link to the next part

10/18/12 10:36 AM
paw

Update...sorta

From http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/17/all-of-the-reasons-were-hearing-for-why-dc-nation-just-vanished/

There have been several people willing to talk, all of them anonymously. Pretty much everything I heard from one person was corroborated by another. So I’ve compiled it all. Even when it seems like overkill, or contradiction, none of this came from just one source.

Here are the theories, all of them posited as fact by sources of various standing. Treat them as rumours, but I know which ones I’d put my stock in.

1. Young Justice is the biggest problem

Young Justice characters like Static and Rocket were created as part of Milestone, the DC imprint designed to reset the balance of ethnic representation in comic books. I’m no expert on the ins and outs of it, but we’re hearing there’s a rights issue here, with extra royalties due for the use of these characters – and particularly in respect of them appearing on merchandise.

2. Nobody is buying any toys

Talking of merch, there are some voices telling us that these shows just weren’t shifting enough of the ancillary tie-ins, and this also had a knock-on effect on the value of advertising slots. If the Green Lantern toys were flying off the shelves, it would make sense to remind the kids they exist before, during and after every episode; seeing as they’re not, the ad would be pretty much a waste of dollars.

This is particularly problematic in the run up to December where Cartoon Network want to offer their gung-ho ‘Holiday’ advertisers the kind of slots they want – and, apparently, they don’t want slots during DC Nation.

3. Production delays

The block was running out of “shorts” and “extras” and was essentially going to turn into just Young Justice and Green Lantern back to back, so the idea of a DC-themed hour that gave space lots of their different properties was waning. By holding fire until January, the whole package will be complete again, maximising its value as overall DC branding.

4. Cartoon Network and WB had a falling out over future shows

Work on Beware the Batman was not pleasing Cartoon Network, and an unannounced Justice League show wasn’t cutting it either, so the partnership started to disagree about future directions. Rather than plough on, they’ve decided to burn off the episodes so far produced, dissolve the block and deal with each future DC-themed show on an ad-hoc, one-by-one basis.

So there’s a lot of chatter going on about DC Nation, but still no official statement about what will happen in January or beyond. We’ll keep digging. Expect to hear more about at least two of the above notions in the coming days.

10/21/12 10:50 PM
RhinoBJJ_NUniao
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happened again this week.

I am jacks total lack of suprise. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.