UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Anderson Silva is ducking me

10/14/12 12:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I just feel like some way or another, Anderson Silva is not fighting me," Weidman told MMAjunkie.com. "I honestly don't feel like it's going to happen."

"He can downplay me all he wants," Weidman said. "He can say whatever he wants about me, but I beat two top-5 guys in the world. Nobody has ever done that in the history of the UFC. Now I'm set to fight Dec. 29 agains Timt Boetsch, and that's going to be three top-5 guys in a row if I'm able to beat him. There's no one that's ever done that.

"I took a lot of risks to get where I am this short into my career. It's not like I just got here magically. I beat some good guys. I put myself in short-notice fights against top guys in the world. It's not easy, and I was hoping it would pay off and get my shot against Anderson, but he's ducking me."

"I know I can beat Anderson," Weidman said. "I got into this sport, and he was the champion at 185 pounds. He looked just as impressive then as he does now. I got into this sport knowing I could beat him from day one. I think I'm a terrible, terrible matchup for him. I think everybody knows it.

"I'm not getting my hopes up. I got my hopes up when they offered him the fight and they decided he wanted to wait until 2013 and not fight me. I'm just focused on Tim Boetsch on Dec. 29, and whatever Anderson Silva is going to do, he's going to do. I just hope the stars align and he accepts the fight when the time comes."

read entire article...

10/14/12 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mdson
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/12 1:12 PM
"He can say whatever he wants about me, but I beat two top-5 guys in the world. Nobody has ever done that in the history of the UFC."

..WAT?

I'm not against Weidman fighting Anderson, but what the hell does he mean by that?? There's plenty of champions who have done that.
10/14/12 1:12 PM
Alger Hiss
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" but I beat two top-5 guys in the world. Nobody has ever done that in the history of the UFC. Now I'm set to fight Dec. 29 agains Timt Boetsch, and that's going to be three top-5 guys in a row if I'm able to beat him. There's no one that's ever done that."

Lol, yeah buddy. He must be not be an mma fan.
10/14/12 1:13 PM
Koga
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many years has Anderson been beating top 5 opponents. Weidman will only get a shot as Anderson has cleared out the other top contenders.
10/14/12 1:14 PM
MostLegit
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope we don't have to hear the same thing from all of Silva's future opponents, but it looks like that's where this is going. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:19 PM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This kid is starting to bug already..Its clear Anderson does not want to fight him. Do you think anderson cares that this kid is saying "hes ducking me"? No he laughs it off. Its a broken record and they all end up tangled in the spiders web, KO'ed, currled up, bloody, unconscious etc.. While anderson is smiling,laughing and joking at the press conference. With ZERO damage.. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:20 PM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This kid is starting to bug already..Its clear Anderson does not want to fight him. Do you think anderson cares that this kid is saying "hes ducking me"? No he laughs it off. Its a broken record and they all end up tangled in the spiders web, KO'ed, currled up, bloody, unconscious etc.. While anderson is smiling,laughing and joking at the press conference. With ZERO damage.. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:22 PM
Warriormmd
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the holy fuck does he mean by "no one in the ufc has done that"??? Phone Post
10/14/12 1:23 PM
robopimp
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the biggest threats at 185 are Weidman and Belcher, but from Anderson's perspective neither would be considered a big enough name to take the risk. It could be viewed as ducking, but in reality it's just being pragmatic. He doesn't need to fight everyone who calls him out. He's the legend so he calls the shots.

Authority Figure

He's not ducking Weidman. He's ignoring Weidman.

The difference? You duck people who pose a threat to you. You ignore people who pose a threat to themselves.
UGCTT_LnPninja

Most sites did not have Maia still top 5 by then.

He has one top 5 win. It was perfect to pair him against boetsch for the true #1 contender.

Anderson will fight him if that's what surface wants. Surface wants the GSP fight more than weidman IMHO. If GSP doesn't happen it will be weidman. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:24 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Assuming weidman can beat Tim boetsch. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:30 PM
KevinMcAllister
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja - Assuming weidman can beat Tim boetsch. Phone Post
Weidman-boetsch will look like Davis-boetsch. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:32 PM
Authority Figure

AlexanderTheGOAT -  Lol apparently Abderson has been "ducking" everyone his entire career. Phone Post

Prior to destroying them while simultaneously texting. lol
10/14/12 1:35 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems to me that Weidman is looking past Boetsch
10/14/12 1:40 PM
kinson

Authority Figure - He's not ducking Weidman. He's ignoring Weidman.

The difference? You duck people who pose a threat to you. You ignore people who pose a threat to themselves.
Nice. Never thought about that way.

I still Anderson should fight Weidman bc Chris is the best of who's left at MW. After last night I want to see the jones/silva fight. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:40 PM
EighNullSects

Tim Boetsch and Chris Weidman need to STFU with all the Anderson hate. There is no point in me listing all of Andy's accolades you wouldnt be on this site if you didnt know them. Neither of them is a draw, and while I acknowledge Weidman has skills that would pose a threat to Andy, that does not mean he has not already faced sterner tests in his career. Weidman could prob take silva down but just like everybody else he will get stuck in the spider's guard.

Boetsch on the other hand has no fucking chance whatsoever. Too slow, should have lost his last two fights. Get real Tim!
10/14/12 1:41 PM
MITman2k
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/12 1:54 PM

edit:double post

10/14/12 1:41 PM
MITman2k
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand that he feels slighted and I'm not unsympathetic, but imo enough already, some people are going to start calling him Chris Whineman(even if he's responding to questions). He has a fight scheduled, and if Anderson SIlva continues to be on his lips, Tim Boetsch better be on his mind .

10/14/12 1:42 PM
inf0
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this guy will get his beating.. or not.. don't care either way.

10/14/12 1:43 PM
inf0
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boetsch is gonna beat him.

10/14/12 1:46 PM
EighNullSects

Boetsch sucks! Weidman will do the same shit he did to Munoz. Chris is way too quick and a much better grappler. He'll get a quick takedown, look for subs then throw strikes while Boetsch tries to defend. If that doesnt work he'll use his speed on the feet and work range. Yes Timmay is big but it wont work against Weidman
10/14/12 1:46 PM
inf0

EighNullSects - Boetsch sucks! Weidman will do the same shit he did to Munoz. Chris is way too quick and a much better grappler. He'll get a quick takedown, look for subs then throw strikes while Boetsch tries to defend. If that doesnt work he'll use his speed on the feet and work range. Yes Timmay is big but it wont work against Weidman

you're an idiot

10/14/12 1:47 PM
Lorenthz

Weidman should thank god he is not fighting Silva. Phone Post
10/14/12 1:49 PM
EighNullSects

inf0 - 
EighNullSects - Boetsch sucks! Weidman will do the same shit he did to Munoz. Chris is way too quick and a much better grappler. He'll get a quick takedown, look for subs then throw strikes while Boetsch tries to defend. If that doesnt work he'll use his speed on the feet and work range. Yes Timmay is big but it wont work against Weidman

you're an idiot

if you're so much smarter than me please explain? Boetsch was outgrappled by Lombard and Okami.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.