UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage calls out Glover on Twitter

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/14/12 4:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_El Pescadero
4112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover by Brutal KO!! Phone Post
10/14/12 4:08 PM
grafzep
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good matchup, period
UGCTT_EnderTL
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MITman2k -

Do ppl still think he intentionally faked an injury to get out of the fight last night?

Anyone who says that about any fighter is a dummy. Phone Post
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage is biting off more than he can chew in Glover. Phone Post
10/14/12 4:12 PM
Danawhiteshair
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - "Yo guys, make the fight that I already had in the first place, till I got hurt."

I don't think them making the fight is the issue... Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
10/14/12 4:26 PM
Matt Phillips
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/14/12 4:53 PM
nomad1974
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -  I find it amazing that people still buy what Rampage is selling.

Remember when he wanted his belt back?

Remember when he was gonna knock Rashad cleeeeeean out?

Remember when all he wanted to do was go back to Japan and put on a show for his true fans?

Remember when he wanted a rematch with Shogun but then turned It down as soon as he got offered it?

When was the last time he lived up to your expectations? 2007? Phone Post

Same could be said for Wandy, Big Nog, BJ, Fedor etc.

Old fighters get old

However, like the fighters previously mentioned Rampage is still a "name", and still sells PPVs and puts butts in seats. Young fighters crave to have a W on their resume over a "name" fighter.

Its been a while since someone has stood & traded w/ Rampage. Glover seems game, should be a good fight.
10/14/12 4:58 PM
MattyECB
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -  I find it amazing that people still buy what Rampage is selling.

Remember when he wanted his belt back?

Remember when he was gonna knock Rashad cleeeeeean out?

Remember when all he wanted to do was go back to Japan and put on a show for his true fans?

Remember when he wanted a rematch with Shogun but then turned It down as soon as he got offered it?

When was the last time he lived up to your expectations? 2007? Phone Post

I think you're being unfair. It's fair to say that Rampage doesn't deliver like he used, but not to saying you can't believe people still buy what Rampage is selling.

I think Rampage sells exactly what he always has and always tries his very best to live up to it. Rashad stifled his stand up, and in Japan, wasn't that where he fought Bader?

He turned down Shogun cause he literally had to cut 40 pounds in a silly short time (and would've gotten DJed for sure lol)

This fight would be completely different. Not only does he have time to prepare and get in shape so not fighting shouldn't be an issue. He's fighting a guy who won't stifle his stand up and who will does his best to turn this into a slobberknocker -- which bodes even better for Rampage's counter style.

So iunno, if this was a matchup against someone else and Page said he's gotten his wrestling better than ever before and would wreck the dude, I'd get your point. But I think you're insane if you don't think this fight'll b the tits
10/14/12 4:59 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, Twitter gets shit done.

I'd be interested. Is it me or are the fights getting better lately?
10/14/12 5:00 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I'm back in the red, without even trying!

Sometimes things just work out and you can all eat a bag of dicks, losers!

IN THE RED! IN THE RED! IN THE RED!

Hoo Rah!
10/14/12 5:07 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MITman2k -

Do ppl still think he intentionally faked an injury to get out of the fight last night?

No, they think he unintentionally faked an injury.... Phone Post
10/14/12 6:06 PM
shinbang
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be a case of revenge from the Pit, love Chuck
10/14/12 6:20 PM
MITman2k
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/12 6:35 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
MITman2k -

No, they think he unintentionally faked an injury.... Phone Post

Point taken about redundancy. Are you one of those that think he faked an injury?

10/14/12 7:56 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hurry up

10/14/12 8:01 PM
MasterofMartialArts
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - "Yo guys, make the fight that I already had in the first place, till I got hurt."

I don't think them making the fight is the issue... Phone Post
This. Don't know if saying you want to fight a tough guy who you were scheduled to fight but pulled out for an injury, is necessarily "calling them out". Phone Post
10/14/12 8:11 PM
Tap In
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

46and2degrees -  Rampage must be broke. Phone Post

Must be, he sure looks broke

10/14/12 8:49 PM
Bushido Jones

@Tap In:
I'm a huge Rampage fan and have been since Pride, so I know he's had a successful career, especially since moving to the UFC. But I do not equate photos by cars as being rich or not being broke! Otherwise, all rappers would be millionaires! I can get a loan for a million dollar or higher home but why would I want the debt?! Reminds me of a commercial a couple of years ago about an upper class family with their houses, boats, cars, etc. and then ending it by stating "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!"

Do you still believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny too?!
10/14/12 8:50 PM
jasonhightower
640 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage doesn't make it out of the 2nd round. Phone Post
10/14/12 8:54 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet

Awesomestprimedmybung -
UGCTT_David_MMAmet -  If Rampage can avoid the takedown and use his jab to set up power punches, he'll beat Glover. Phone Post

lol

pretty sure the only reason idiots are now saying Rampage beats Glover on the feet now is because of that hook that Maldonado got Glover with.

just ignore the fact that anyone else probably gets finished by the beatdown that he took, Rampage has looked very very unimpressive for a long time, oh, and Maldonado is a better boxer.
Right because Maldonado and Kingsbury aren't the same level of fighter (so last night only proved what we already knew - Glover is better than fringe light heavies) and Rampage didn't just go 4 rounds with Jones, 3 with Machida, 3 with Rashad, 3 with Bader, all of which are much higher quality fighters than Maldonado and Kingsbury.

"lol" Phone Post
10/14/12 8:57 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet

And no, the stupid lapse in judgment Glover had that left his jaw exposed and got hit with the left hook isn't why I think he'll lose on the feet.

It's his own stand up technique. Believe or not some of us have seen this guy fight more than just twice. Phone Post
10/14/12 8:59 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

UGCTT_EnderTL -
TheCrow13 - Standup war. Would love it Phone Post
Glover had no issues going for takedowns last night... not sure this fight would be what Rampage expects. Phone Post
Rampage has great ttd, Glover doesnt have strong enough takedowns to take him down imo. I think Page wins by KO Phone Post
10/14/12 9:18 PM
Jaybrone
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover has shown the ability to wrestle and ground and pound. If Rampage catches him he will take it down and grind him out for a round or two I believe. And at this point Rampage in the last 2 years or so hasn't shown he wants to be a fighter anymore.

10/14/12 9:19 PM
kinkle

Glover retires Rampage if this fight happens....
10/14/12 9:22 PM
Rabid Bunyip
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage saw that left hook of Maldonaldo sneak through and has the idea if it was his own that landed Texeira would be asleep Phone Post
10/14/12 9:22 PM
ChrisLebensChin
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage via ko Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.