UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida: MW possible, but Hendo & Jones first

10/14/12 8:22 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I walk around close to 205 pounds, so if I put in the work, I do think it's possible to fight at 185 pounds," Machida said in his native Portuguese. "But for now, I'm staying at 205.

"I'm eager to face Jones again. Later on, who knows?"

I heard Dan Henderson's knee is still hurt," Machida said. "We very much want this fight, but the UFC gives me my assignments.

"I'd like to fight at least once before January. I think Dan Henderson would be a great fight (to bring me closer to the belt)."

read entire article...

10/14/12 8:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDK it looks like he's back in Zuffa's doghouse. Who knows when they'll let him fight Jones. It's clear that they're going to push Chael for a title shot if he beats Griffin, and Jones seems to have come to the realization that it would be a really easy payday. Lyoto might not be in the rotation for a title shot until late next year.

BTW LOL @ "punishing" a guy for not taking a fight with an opponent who almost killed him last time out on three weeks notice.

10/14/12 8:31 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 

IDK it looks like he's back in Zuffa's doghouse. Who knows when they'll let him fight Jones. It's clear that they're going to push Chael for a title shot if he beats Griffin, and Jones seems to have come to the realization that it would be a really easy payday. Lyoto might not be in the rotation for a title shot until late next year.

BTW LOL @ "punishing" a guy for not taking a fight with an opponent who almost killed him last time out on three weeks notice.

When was he in Zuffa's dog house and how is giving him a fight with Dan Henderson punishment?
10/14/12 9:28 PM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida is considering a move to MW while Anderson doesn't want to take the fight that everyone wants because of teammates who fight at LHW.

Machida should move to MW.

Anderson should move to LHW.

Problem solved.

10/14/12 9:50 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Phisher - 

When was he in Zuffa's dog house and how is giving him a fight with Dan Henderson punishment?

He was in the dog house for not taking the fight on short notice against Jones to save UFC 151.
Wasn't that like 3 weeks ago? How did the UFC put him in the doghouse?

also that wouldn't mean he's been put back in the doghouse, which implies he has been there before. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.