UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> So how long was Batman active in the Nolan films?

10/14/12 10:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kona Silat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

title says it all.
10/14/12 10:58 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like...3 weeks Phone Post
10/14/12 11:01 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously though, that is my main gripe. He comes back and fights Rahs almost immediately, then Gordon is like "we've got this guy the joker", beats him and then disappears for 8 years and then spends a few months in DKR Phone Post
10/15/12 3:05 AM
Leigh
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There seems to be no Batman activity outside of the movies Phone Post
10/15/12 5:50 AM
MarkRobinson
1137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It must have been less than 3 years.

Would have been better if he had remained as batman after the dent/joker incident and then retired once the streets were clean.

Because he quit immediately there wasn't much reason he should have had the knee issues. Phone Post
10/15/12 5:58 AM
Leigh
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, other than a fall off a scaffolding that killed another man
10/15/12 9:05 AM
YVEL MACHIDA

Leigh - There seems to be no Batman activity outside of the movies Phone Post
Yup this Phone Post
10/15/12 10:24 AM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there is a disconnect between the ending of Begins and TDK. Yes I know Gordon mentions the Joker, but by the beginning ot TDK it is apparent Batman has been hounding the cities criminals for quite some time. A couple years I would guess.
10/15/12 10:41 AM
YVEL MACHIDA

BigWilliam - I think there is a disconnect between the ending of Begins and TDK. Yes I know Gordon mentions the Joker, but by the beginning ot TDK it is apparent Batman has been hounding the cities criminals for quite some time. A couple years I would guess.
There is no time line mentioned so I don't think "a few years" is a goo assumption because there not really anything that lends to that Phone Post
10/15/12 11:27 AM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The amount of damage he has done to their business, running every drug supplier other than Scarecrow out of business, the mafia boss played by Eric Robertson being familiar with, even casual about how they knew Batman had rules when the Joker did not. These things imply a prolonged fight and becoming used to your opponent's methods.
10/15/12 11:56 AM
Leigh

BigWilliam - The amount of damage he has done to their business, running every drug supplier other than Scarecrow out of business, the mafia boss played by Eric Robertson being familiar with, even casual about how they knew Batman had rules when the Joker did not. These things imply a prolonged fight and becoming used to your opponent's methods.

There are definitely inconsistencies. The easiest way to make sense is to ignore Gordon's Joker playing card scene.
10/15/12 2:24 PM
BigWilliam

Even the irradiated bills that they used to track the mobs money supply. That alone would take months even if Gordon would have trusted Batman right away and let him coordinate such a delicate effort.
10/15/12 11:51 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was pretty widely understood that there was at least 3-4 year gap between Begins & TDK
10/15/12 11:58 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

NeoSpartan - I thought it was pretty widely understood that there was at least 3-4 year gap between Begins & TDK
This was never stated Phone Post
10/16/12 1:23 AM
jeyel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it would be several years.
10/16/12 6:57 AM
HEMAN
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Less than a year.

This is based on when the Joker says: "Let's wind the clocks back a year. These cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of you. I mean, what happened? Did, did your balls drop off?"

That implies that it has been a year since Batman came onto the scene in Gotham and started his war on organized crime along with Jim Gordon.
10/16/12 12:26 PM
Kona Silat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA - 
BigWilliam - I think there is a disconnect between the ending of Begins and TDK. Yes I know Gordon mentions the Joker, but by the beginning ot TDK it is apparent Batman has been hounding the cities criminals for quite some time. A couple years I would guess.
There is no time line mentioned so I don't think "a few years" is a goo assumption because there not really anything that lends to that Phone Post

You have to consider that Gordon's son was an infant in the Begins and is a 6-7 year old in TDK.
10/16/12 12:30 PM
Leigh

I thought Nolan was awesome but now he's starting to piss me off. Fuck you Nolan and your inconsistencies
10/16/12 2:14 PM
JudOWNED
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kona Silat - 
YVEL MACHIDA - 

You have to consider that Gordon's son was an infant in the Begins and is a 6-7 year old in TDK.

If true, this would seem to clinch it. Joker's statement about winding the clock back a year could only refer to when the tide started to turn, not when Batman first appeared.
10/16/12 2:58 PM
engorged george
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA - 
NeoSpartan - I thought it was pretty widely understood that there was at least 3-4 year gap between Begins & TDK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Gotham_Knight

They released an entire movie about what the Batman was doing between the movies. Yes, it's considered canon.
10/16/12 4:09 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

engorged george -
YVEL MACHIDA - 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Gotham_Knight

They released an entire movie about what the Batman was doing between the movies. Yes, it's considered canon.
"The producers have acknowledged that it is not necessarily meant to be canon to the "Nolanverse,"

From the wiki Phone Post
10/17/12 9:41 AM
BigWilliam

A friend of mine did find a hilarious plot hole in TDK. At the end Bats says he will take responsibility for the Dent killings, he can do that for Gotham. My friend says, "Why not just blame the killings on the Joker? Noone would believe him anyway."
10/17/12 3:48 PM
Kona Silat

BigWilliam - A friend of mine did find a hilarious plot hole in TDK. At the end Bats says he will take responsibility for the Dent killings, he can do that for Gotham. My friend says, "Why not just blame the killings on the Joker? Noone would believe him anyway."

Because he has an alibi?
10/17/12 4:19 PM
BigWilliam

What is his alibi? They could easily spin it that the murders happened while Joker was on the loose. In fact I think they did. Fudge the times a little on the official report, no problem.
10/17/12 5:15 PM
Leigh

U G L Y he ain't got no alibi Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.