UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> 10 more min, Ryron would've won...

10/19/12 9:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
meatrokket
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol interdasting Phone Post
10/19/12 9:46 PM
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tjmitch - Moke, have you tried grabbing his dick?

as anyone on the og would tell you, that's impossible, i'm asian.
10/19/12 9:48 PM
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

btw, i'm insanely enjoying the discussion on this thread.
10/20/12 12:19 AM
Moke
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That just makes him "finish" even faster...especially if I used a fruit infused shampoo.
10/20/12 12:51 AM
tjmitch
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCTV808 - 

as anyone on the og would tell you, that's impossible, i'm asian.

grab where his dick should be?
10/20/12 3:53 AM
TheAlchemist
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - 
TheAlchemist - 

did he really need to wait 27 or so minutes before he went on the offensive?

I think he had the skills to risk it. However, Ryron is a skinny vegetarian beanpole. I think he needed to wait until Galvao burned a good deal of his energy and burned his grips first for a higher success rate.

It's a common MMA strategy too. BJ used to say he doesn't like to go for a sub right away and likes to soften the guy up physically and mentally first. That makes his finish rate much higher.

I'm sure Ryron was hoping Galvao would gas at the 12 minute mark or so giving himself more time to work, but really, 20 minutes isn't very long.

I just can't see that Ryron's gameplan was trying to "soften up" Galvao for 20 some odd minutes. Moke, by your own admission 20 mins isn't very long, especailly for guys of their caliber.  Did Ryron really think that Galvao would be gassed and disheartened by him defending for most of the match? I don't see it.

But IF that indeed was his gameplan, then it was the totally wrong gameplan. 

Ya I said that. Yes he would maul me in 2 secs.  Yes hindsight is 20/20.  I still say he played the wrong gameplan. 

10/20/12 5:29 PM
Moke
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just can't see that Ryron's gameplan was trying to "soften up" Galvao for 20 some odd minutes. Moke, by your own admission 20 mins isn't very long, especailly for guys of their caliber. Did Ryron really think that Galvao would be gassed and disheartened by him defending for most of the match? I don't see it.

But IF that indeed was his gameplan, then it was the totally wrong gameplan.

Ya I said that. Yes he would maul me in 2 secs. Yes hindsight is 20/20. I still say he played the wrong gameplan.

I think you're pretty much right. I think Ryron them would have wanted the matches to be 30 minutes minimum. But like I said, sporting realities have to be addressed too. So I think he was HOPING Galvao would attack hard enough to burn out in 15 minutes or so, giving Ryron a tiny 5 minute window to attack. But it didn't really work out that way. But as I mentioned, I think Ryron was also trying to prove a point too...I think if the time remains 20 minutes for the next one, he'll spend more time engaged and attacking. These are just guesses on my part.
10/23/12 5:58 AM
Moke

I was discussing this match with someone who just finally saw the match on youtube. They said something interesting...though he said Galvao tooled and dominated Ryron, he said they were employing different strategies...one was fighting a battle and the other, a war.

I think that was very apropos.
10/24/12 2:31 PM
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how so? I understand the lose the battle win the war mind frame, well the war was ending and the guy lost the battle and claimed to win the war that consisted of that one battle

:)
10/25/12 10:40 PM
Moke

Gracie breakdown of the match...I haven't even watched it yet.

10/26/12 3:17 AM
FCTV808

watch when i'm done losing more money!
10/27/12 5:57 PM
Haynmatman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand the whole "survival" concept, but that whole concept did not apply to this situation. the object of the game was submission and to win by submission, so to say that surviving in a sense is winning, makes no sense. had it been in MMA fight, does anyone think that Ryron would have survived? Phone Post
10/27/12 6:27 PM
Moke

He explains all that in the video.
10/27/12 10:49 PM
FCTV808

if a ufc 1 rules mma fight, it's very possible ryron could beat galvao there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.