UnderGround Forums

SupportGround >> Not sure what to do

10/15/12 3:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chrisoefer
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm kind of at a loss and not sure where to turn anymore.

Back in February I had a little bout with some stuff in the hospital that nearly killed me. Spent a few days in ICU, another 9 in the regular recovery room. The first month or so after that were rough, had a lot of bad memories come back while I was in the hospital, and then on top of that just the anxiety and stress of what went on just got to me for that first month or so. Had a lot of trouble sleeping, certain smells that reminded me of the hospital stay would have me break out into a full blown panic attack.

Fast forward to now, I thought I had gotten past most of it, but the sleepless nights, the anxiety issues, and the memories of crap is starting to creep back in. It's just so exhausting to feel this way, just want it to be over at some point.
10/15/12 8:20 AM
BaconRage
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Geeze bro, that sounds hard.  I don't know what to tell you but this sounds serious enough where you might want to talk to a professional about this.

10/15/12 9:13 AM
OUTCOLD
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try and stay positive dude you have made it through some tough stuff by the sounds of it.

Not sleeping properly makes everything seem worse and as BaconRage said it might be worth getting some professional help just to get you through this stage.

I have found any form of exercise can help with the sleep situation and might make you feel a little better mentally.
10/15/12 2:23 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds rough, man. Big props to you making it as far as you did solo. I'd agree with BaconRage. Time to talk to a pro. It's worth a shot.
10/17/12 3:25 AM
Bromovich
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How's it going OP?

Hope you're doing well.

10/17/12 3:42 PM
chrisoefer
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's going some what better.

Spent Monday in the ER for the same issues that got me stuck in the hospital before, but no surgery this time, woo hoo!

They gave me two days quarters so I've had time to get away from work and relax and rest, and it helped. Got some promising news about some shit my outgoing platoon sgt was trying to get me in trouble with, so that's a little less stress.

Thanks guys. Phone Post
10/17/12 4:14 PM
BaconRage
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to hear it

10/17/12 5:09 PM
Bromovich
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear bro :) Phone Post
10/24/12 3:26 PM
YoungGunABKJ
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

find someone to talk to about this, a pro [this is a great place but go to a pro] see if any meds will help, find your higher power for strength[ Mine is jesus christ]
dont let this stuff creep back in, it will be worse this time around.
10/26/12 12:39 PM
chrisoefer

Im going to behavioral health on the 31st to talk to someone and try to get some meds.

Hopefully that helps out Phone Post
10/26/12 12:52 PM
Bromovich

chrisoefer - Im going to behavioral health on the 31st to talk to someone and try to get some meds.

Hopefully that helps out Phone Post
We're behind ya bro. Phone Post
11/13/12 3:35 AM
Bromovich

Hope you're doing well OP.

11/13/12 3:54 AM
YoungGunABKJ
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey man how ya doing, lets hear it
11/30/12 10:43 PM
Louisvillain
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Which branch do you serve in, Patriot?

12/1/12 12:38 AM
chrisoefer

I'm in the Army

I'm doing a little better. Finally got in to see the therapist and I've had three appointments so far. I've never been too sure about the whole therapist talking thing, but it's nice to sit down and talk to someone.
12/10/12 11:20 PM
jvwand
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chrisoefer - I'm in the Army

I'm doing a little better. Finally got in to see the therapist and I've had three appointments so far. I've never been too sure about the whole therapist talking thing, but it's nice to sit down and talk to someone.

I am super glad you got help man, status update, how are you feeling? 

12/10/12 11:25 PM
chrisoefer

Been seeing behavorial health once a week, I go in a week to see the doc about getting some meds.

I kind of had a win/lose situation pop up twice.  I ended with kidney stones this past week and the week before.  The ended up with a 4 day weekend and then 5 days off this past weekend, had a lot of time to just sit around and relax.

Thanks for all the support guys, it means a lot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.