UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Beta Ray Bill vs Green Lantern

10/16/12 2:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JudOWNED
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On paper, GL should win this easily, as most DC characters would against most Marvel Characters. But based on their performance in the books, I voted BRB. Hal gets his butt kicked all the time buy guys that are not at BRB's level. And yes, I know "class 100" means nothing in DC. But BRB is Thor level, and even if Supes beats Thor, Thor is at least still in the same class. So BRB is near SUperman level. GL stands no chance as he is normally written.
10/16/12 4:34 PM
fryabusa
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about this, Hal Jordan as Paralax vs. Beta Ray Bill?  Would the poll be completely flipped as far as voting?

10/16/12 4:35 PM
Leigh
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Phone Post
10/16/12 4:38 PM
Calebcb
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  I typed my last post before seeing yours caleb.

Is to safe to say that a GL, even one as badass as Hal, is only really quasar level?

In other words pretty weak compared to many of the other cosmic heroes? Phone Post

Yes, but I think even Quasar is beyond him especially since he's been beast mode after his resurrection and taking on leadership of the Annihilators. I don't see some of the threats that gave the whole corps trouble having the same success against 7,200 Quasars.
10/16/12 5:53 PM
Alger Hiss
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill would smash that fool silly.
10/17/12 10:32 AM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  I'm not sure the average 100 ton'er should be able to smash all of Hals constructs. Many of the other lanterns, sure. however Hal is boss and in the DCU 100 tons isn't shit.

Not to say that BRB is an average 100 ton'er. He should smash through many but Hal's a smart dude and I don't think he would keep tossing green jets at BRB.

I feel like GL wins this if Beta relies solely on a physical confrontation. Brb needs to use weather, super lightning and boss level strategy.

Shouldn't Hal be able to teleport stormbreaker away? if even for only a few moments. Seems within his power set. Phone Post

He's not just another 100 toner...he's Thor's equal...actually beat Thor down once. He is well above class 100...And the powers of Storbreak SHIT ALL OVER the GL ring as someone else said...There's is NOTHING GL can construct that BRB can't smash,
10/19/12 5:49 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -

I think GLs powerset is being underrated a bit. The full capability of the ring is pretty nuts. 

He can do shit like turn invisible and create energy twins. 

This. It's the most powerful weapon in the DCU IMO Phone Post
10/19/12 5:53 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudOWNED - On paper, GL should win this easily, as most DC characters would against most Marvel Characters. But based on their performance in the books, I voted BRB. Hal gets his butt kicked all the time buy guys that are not at BRB's level. And yes, I know "class 100" means nothing in DC. But BRB is Thor level, and even if Supes beats Thor, Thor is at least still in the same class. So BRB is near SUperman level. GL stands no chance as he is normally written.
Unfortunately I could see this as true, except for marvel beating dc. Phone Post
10/19/12 5:53 PM
Salokcin69

Salokcin69 -
JudOWNED - On paper, GL should win this easily, as most DC characters would against most Marvel Characters. But based on their performance in the books, I voted BRB. Hal gets his butt kicked all the time buy guys that are not at BRB's level. And yes, I know "class 100" means nothing in DC. But BRB is Thor level, and even if Supes beats Thor, Thor is at least still in the same class. So BRB is near SUperman level. GL stands no chance as he is normally written.
Unfortunately I could see this as true, except for marvel beating dc. Phone Post
Marvel being beaten by dc* Phone Post
10/19/12 7:43 PM
uratoker2
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Skarhead summed it u Phone Post
10/19/12 7:45 PM
uratoker2
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.....p pretty nicely above. BRB Is a major badass with a warrior's mentality..... Phone Post
10/21/12 1:26 AM
Non N00B
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How strong are the GL constructs? If he makes a gun and shoots bullets, are they like regular bullets? How heavy is a GL anvil he throws at you?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.