UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shields vs. Herman changed to NC

10/15/12 2:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jake Shields' win over Ed Herman at UFC 150 has been changed to a no-contest, and the fighter has also been fined $5,675.

A disciplinary complaint from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies' Boxing Commission also confirms a six-month suspension for Shields, who announced this past Friday that he'd tested positive for a banned substance.

The substance for which Shields tested positive was not disclosed.

Shields' suspension runs six months, retroactive to Aug. 11.

Read entire article...

10/15/12 2:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hendofanforlife
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHAT SUBSTANCE???? fuck, i just want to know.
10/15/12 2:46 PM
knuckleballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy slow testing results, batman!
10/15/12 2:48 PM
mr1709

do you get your winnings taken away if you bet shields...or losses refunded if you bet herman
10/15/12 2:48 PM
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife - WHAT SUBSTANCE???? fuck, i just want to know.
I assume weed. I base this of absolutely no evidence at all. I just have a feeling... In my butt. Phone Post
10/15/12 2:53 PM
outtap

mr1709 - do you get your winnings taken away if you bet shields...or losses refunded if you bet herman
This. I'm curious as to how they would handle this situation. It'd be difficult to 'take back' the winnings Phone Post
10/15/12 2:53 PM
manzuri
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -
GrayKickass -
hendofanforlife - WHAT SUBSTANCE???? fuck, i just want to know.
I assume weed. I base this of absolutely no evidence at all. I just have a feeling... In my butt. Phone Post
No. Jake knew when he was coming to Denver, he was going to have cardio problem with the high altitude. Soooooo we can all guess what he did next. Phone Post
I dunno, my guess is pain killers, but like the rest of you i have no fucking idea. Phone Post
10/15/12 3:04 PM
mike_rizzo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blood doping!!

na weed Phone Post
10/15/12 3:32 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mr1709 - do you get your winnings taken away if you bet shields...or losses refunded if you bet herman

No.

10/15/12 3:38 PM
Smokemonster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If its weed then its bullshit, he only gets suspended 6 months?? How long did Diaz get? A year. Phone Post
10/15/12 3:44 PM
stickman
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smokemonster -  If its weed then its bullshit, he only gets suspended 6 months?? How long did Diaz get? A year. Phone Post

Because it was not Diaz's first-offence, I believe.
10/15/12 4:20 PM
Jaybrone
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stickman -
Smokemonster -  If its weed then its bullshit, he only gets suspended 6 months?? How long did Diaz get? A year. Phone Post

Because it was not Diaz's first-offence, I believe.
Yes Nick got a year because it was his second offense. When will people learn that not every case is the same. Usually a second offense is treated with stiffer penalties. As is the case with Nick. Plus it was a completely different state athletic commission. Apples and oranges. Phone Post
10/15/12 6:03 PM
quarcus
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does this mean short fuse gets his win bonus?  A cheating shields got his.

10/15/12 6:15 PM
deadlyonetwo3
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's ridiculous that they won't just release what he tested positive for!!!  I realize that medically he has a right to privacy.  I also recognize that different states have different privacy regulations, etc. That said, he tested positive for a banned substance during a public event and hey, I feel the paying public has a right to know what a guy that they potentially bet on or could bet on again in the future tested positive for.

10/15/12 6:20 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be shocked if it's not weed. What else can you only get 6 months for without an appeal? Phone Post
10/15/12 6:34 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ohh god, please don't make a rematch...

Unless Herman promises to actually FUCKING BOX with Shields rather than initiate the grappling with him by constantly clinching and get blanketed... Again... Phone Post
10/15/12 6:35 PM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's weed and they're keeping it secret over the increasing outcry over the ridiculousness of testing for it.
10/15/12 6:44 PM
Darkrider_64

That's quite interesting that Mr. Shield's has been caught with dirty urine.

* The Juice vs. The Joints : Shield's didn't strike me as a juice type of fighter, but he was throwing down at '85...so possible. We all know he rolls with people down w/ the green goddess, I am hoping it's MJ.

I kinda doubt it's EPO (epoetin alfa = Epogen), not to say it isn't/couldn't be used...only it is not tested for currently. No reliable way to screen for it on a large scale level (i.e. - combat sports) as it is an expensive test.

My 2c

10/15/12 6:44 PM
Aleck911
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

outtap -
mr1709 - do you get your winnings taken away if you bet shields...or losses refunded if you bet herman
This. I'm curious as to how they would handle this situation. It'd be difficult to 'take back' the winnings Phone Post
It goes by what the decision was the night of the fight Phone Post
10/15/12 6:52 PM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smokemonster - If its weed then its bullshit, he only gets suspended 6 months?? How long did Diaz get? A year. Phone Post
It was Diaz's second offense. And he wasn't contrite about it like shield was Phone Post
10/15/12 6:58 PM
ThumbtoeyeKO

Dong Johnson -

Jake Shields is a vegetarian roid abuser

This Phone Post
10/15/12 7:14 PM
KC007

Weed. OMA made a thread about it but it got removed. Phone Post
10/15/12 7:25 PM
Deaf Forever

Wouldn't be surprised if it was roids but I have a feeling it's weed.
10/15/12 10:08 PM
catgobling

he is showing respect to himself by not telling his business. just because he is in diaz's team there would probably be a shit storm of negative media and other assorted forms of stupidity if it is mary jane. this dude has so much discipline taking care of his body, so we KNOW it isnt some fuckin roids.

10/15/12 10:34 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.