UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What if the next UFC game was more like Skyrim?

10/15/12 9:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is cool Phone Post
10/15/12 10:06 PM
Forever12er
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would never play it, my Xbox takes about a cigarette to load if I ever leave a town. Phone Post
10/15/12 10:16 PM
oldwrestler
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could pull the sponsorship money/teammates system from the racing genre - show money or win money from sponsors; win or win in certain ways to attract certain sponsors; find fighters and build a gym/team - loved that feature in Grid.

cool idea
10/15/12 10:18 PM
DreamerMMA
585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oldwrestler - Could pull the sponsorship money/teammates system from the racing genre - show money or win money from sponsors; win or win in certain ways to attract certain sponsors; find fighters and build a gym/team - loved that feature in Grid.

cool idea

Excellent idea.

10/15/12 10:32 PM
oldwrestler
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

could start at a gym as a noob - pick the style of gym and get a buff in that style for your next fight

got extra money - travel to other gyms and buff other skills before your event

enough events and cash - you can start your own gym - your highest/improving skill will attract fighters and buff them for their events

Grid would offer you come choices on picking teammates.

The only difference was that in Grid, they are racing on the track with you, so you can try to protect them and keep them in the sponsorship money. Two racers could rack it up, if you finish 1-2.

Early on money could get privates, etc. Later, build out the gym, etc.

Only thing is teammates needs some gameplay aspect, even if its as little as picking from a couple of options to make fights for your teammates and seeing some highlights of their fights downcard or something.

I'd buy any well done MMA game - haven't really liked what's out there so far - very hard to get right.
10/15/12 11:00 PM
DreamerMMA
585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team mates would be great, even give you the option to corner for your guys and offer them strategy tips or something to alter their performance.

10/15/12 11:21 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Special Options include: Infinite Cardio, Ultimate Chin, and Anderson Mode, in which you never get hit due to automatic matrix dodges.

Fights take place anywhere with random interruptions from fans wanting autographs. Enabling Stalker Mode brings about the likes of Hat Stealers, Trash Talkers, and Deceptive Managers.

There is a fan interaction room called "The UG", where news, hot mma girls pics, and romos can be found. Special features include Topless Britney, Naked Rousey, and Bite Lip Gina.
10/16/12 12:15 AM
jaytrainwreck

Would be the greatest game ever. Phone Post
10/16/12 12:19 AM
Bry Bry

i have to admit that when i am playing the Ufc game, the fighters all feel the same to me...id like to play a game where trhe fighters each have very distinguishable styles..
10/16/12 12:35 AM
El Refe
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could I make my character bounce at the titty bar on the side? Phone Post
10/16/12 12:38 AM
Flexo
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mariooo1UP - I used to be a mma fighter like you, than I got a right hook to the face. Phone Post
Push kick to the knee Phone Post
10/16/12 1:01 AM
slo ko
1141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More like Skyrim? Great. Cancelled main events due to an arrow in the knee. Phone Post
10/16/12 2:23 AM
DreamerMMA

ttt

10/16/12 3:37 AM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

honestly this is a fucking golden idea. not to be a dick but if there was a way i could steal it and monetize it wouldn't waste a single second.
10/16/12 3:43 AM
Chael Sonnen Money

Can't wait to knee bar a dragon. Phone Post
10/16/12 4:54 AM
Bad Karma
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can already be a Fucking Badass Unarmed Fighter in Skyrim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw

And LOL at the dude's commentary!
10/16/12 5:00 AM
MixedMartialArse
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand why this doesn't already happen. Surely its not that hard to implement. Phone Post
10/16/12 5:34 AM
MisQ x

Bad Karma -
You can already be a Fucking Badass Unarmed Fighter in Skyrim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw

And LOL at the dude's commentary!
I could not stop laughing Phone Post
10/16/12 5:43 AM
TheHebrewHammer
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I came to mock the OP but those ideas are actually fantastic Phone Post
10/16/12 5:43 AM
rckallday
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Used to be a ufc champion but then I got a front kick to the knee. Phone Post
10/16/12 5:57 AM
TheFlyingGentlemen

Phone Post
10/16/12 6:14 AM
Indivia
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree. I think MMA can be translated to MMORPGs very well in terms of the combat system. I've been working on this idea for a while. 

Not an MMA game, but a fantasy MMORPG that incorporates the complexity and reactiveness of MMA in terms of counters, combinations, positioning etc. They already do this in most MMO's, but I think it can be taken to another level, and the combat systems can be much more engaging. 

In general I think we've only scratched the surface in PVP. 

I have a few great ideas that I think would make the combat more exciting and realistic, but I will be saving them for myself =) 

10/16/12 6:53 AM
killacox

name your pokemon after martial arts moves
10/16/12 7:13 AM
thefightphysician

It's the way it should be done... Especially in training camps between fights. Your fighter should organically improve on what he does and unlock/develop specialized techniques from there.

Watch out for new Greg Jackson Mode which is like Fifa Championship Manager. You have to manage Jon Jones by leveling up his unorthodox techniques whilst avoiding him losing any more fans or creating a rivalry with a training partner. Phone Post
10/16/12 10:36 AM
killacox

learn special techniques from npc instructors. the more popular ones would have actual classes full of players. so you end up sparing with real players and discussing techniques while forming bonds

pve (player vs environment) would be like dojo storming or sparing with npcs

gear wouldnt give regular stat bonuses but give sponsor points which would be like faction reputation

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.