UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What if the next UFC game was more like Skyrim?

10/16/12 11:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
killacox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.webpronews.com/next-skyrim-dlc-takes-players-back-to-morrowind-rumor-2012-10
10/16/12 11:49 PM
DreamerMMA
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

10/17/12 12:15 AM
GnP Sonnen

ntcdef - Sweet using a sword in the octagon
Or magic. Oh an armbar? Lighting bolt!!!! Phone Post
10/18/12 2:57 PM
DreamerMMA
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -  Does the UG carry enough weight to turn this into an actual consideration for zuffa and EA. it'll certainly be the first of it kind across all sports Phone Post

Good question, I'll move this to the UG to see if they like the idea.

10/18/12 3:41 PM
Rabadaba
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in. Not sure how well some of the open world ideas would pan out, but the leveling scheme would be great. Phone Post
10/18/12 4:13 PM
killacox

would be like pokemon, travel to different gyms, get in bar fights, pick up side quests as bouncer, stuff straight out of pokemon
10/18/12 4:14 PM
DreamerMMA

Rabadaba -  I'm in. Not sure how well some of the open world ideas would pan out, but the leveling scheme would be great. Phone Post

I think a somewhat open world would make sense depending on what angle you wanted to use.

If you wanted straight up UFC you could make it kind of an open city or you could go the Jade Empire route and have an entire world based on martial arts.

Jade Empire was an amazing martial arts RPG and about the only thing comparable to what I'm thinking. 

I like Skyrim more for the experience/leveling system.  It is a pretty huge open world full of dungeons otherwise and that wouldn't make sense for a fighter RPG.

If you expanded to allow the fighter to do other things though like compete in boxing, kickboxing, judo, BJJ and other sports, allow them to open a gym and recruit fighters.

Morality could be added, are you a hot head who runs with street gangs and starts shit or a mellow, humble fighter who trains hard and fights hard.

Maybe a rich Brazilian raised on BJJ or a poor Russian starting old school with beat up equipment and a gnarled old boxing/sambo trainer or something.

There is definately room to open up MMA into a full on MMA MMORPG if you wanted to.  Just have a bunch of Arenas or events around and let the players log into a couple of large servers and be able to spar together, train, corner each other, form teams and gyms, sponsor companies or whatever.

RPG's work by asking what world you will be in and what skills you'd need there then they make those into a leveling system.

No reason you couldn't do that with MMA with a bit of knowledge of MMA, RPG's and a good imagination.

10/18/12 4:15 PM
DreamerMMA

killacox - would be like pokemon, travel to different gyms, get in bar fights, pick up side quests as bouncer, stuff straight out of pokemon

I've honestly never played any of the Pokemon games but yeah, sounds about right.

10/18/12 4:24 PM
CNewton317

You can't ride dragons in SKYRIM, but this way you could ride THE DRAGON..machida :) Phone Post
10/18/12 4:44 PM
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be amazing! Combining my two favorite genres, MMA and RPGs, can't be bad. Phone Post
11/10/12 4:34 AM
DreamerMMA

ttt

11/10/12 4:54 AM
Tolstolobic

Try sleeping dogs game Phone Post
11/10/12 5:00 AM
DeanoBirko

Nothing fun about spamming the same overhand right over and over again until its fully levelled. Phone Post
11/10/12 5:02 AM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

Fantastic idea.

Voted up when I get to a PC. Phone Post
11/10/12 5:07 AM
SJCOTTON
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait tame lyoto the dragon and take on the Babarian boetsch :D Phone Post
11/10/12 6:00 AM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it's a Skyrim type game there would need to be some main, overarching campaign.

Maybe a morally bankrupt but powerful MMA organisation dominates ruthlessly, and a smaller, more idealistic one needs help to conquer it.
11/10/12 6:12 AM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

idk how that would work.. they could probably make "the sims" mma game.. or atleast a the sims TUF where you can let guys bang

11/10/12 6:21 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
11/10/12 6:29 AM
fuckingkimura

Should be Ufc Skyrim so I can start fucking people up in Stockton with nick lol Phone Post
11/10/12 6:45 AM
Ashilles
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Similar engine to chivalry. That game is the beginning of next style

Chivalry. Thrust is jab
Slash is hook
Overhead is uppercut Phone Post
11/10/12 6:47 AM
DreamerMMA

DeanoBirko -  Nothing fun about spamming the same overhand right over and over again until its fully levelled. Phone Post

Agreed, but that's kind of the point.

If you use a lot of overhand rights then it should level up, if it's not something you use a lot then it won't. 

You would level based on what you use.

Spamming or "farming" for skill points is pretty gay in any RPG type of game.

11/10/12 7:49 AM
WatchinMMA

Put down the bong brah Phone Post
12/30/12 1:17 PM
rIKmAN

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've only just seen this and it caught my eye.

What would you guys think of a UFC/Skyrim style game like you've been discussing, but mix that with a control / interaction / consequences system similar to The Walking Dead.

So instead of controlling your character directly in a beat em up game, you make decisions before/during fights to affect the outcome, and the options you are given are based on things you have done before (training, researched a fighter to find weaknesses, bribed an official etc).

The "open world" part of the game would also store relationships with NPCs, decisions the player makes during the main story and side-quests so there would be multiple routes and outcomes to the game.

ie. In one game the player makes it to the UFC, another game he gets in with the wrong crowd and gets killed when a drug deal goes wrong, another game he gets suspended after getting caught taking PEDs etc, it would all depend on what route you took from the start.

It would be part strategy game, part RPG, part resource management and all held together by an adventure game style overarching narrative (eg. Fight Night 4 story) and loads of side-quests that would appear / not appear based on your choices, abilities and relationships.

New areas, maps, characters, stories etc could be added with DLC so the world would be ever growing.

I'm just thinking out loud here at the moment, so thoughts welcome - I guess I'm just trying to think outside the box and find a way where the actual "fighting" part of the game can be done differently, something which takes a little more thought, strategy and maybe focuses more on the mentality of a fighter....

Thoughts?

12/30/12 1:24 PM
TheRaider
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 
MrSmiff - i think that's an awesome idea.

If you saw a UFC game with a Bethesda logo on it and maybe even some help from Bioware, would you pay 59.99 for it?

As long as EA has no part in it. Definitely buying what Beth/Obsidian are selling. FO:NV is my favorite single player game.
12/30/12 1:25 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRaider -
DreamerMMA - 
MrSmiff - i think that's an awesome idea.

If you saw a UFC game with a Bethesda logo on it and maybe even some help from Bioware, would you pay 59.99 for it?

As long as EA has no part in it. Definitely buying what Beth/Obsidian are selling. FO:NV is my favorite single player game.
This! EA is just terrible now Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.