UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What if the next UFC game was more like Skyrim?

12/30/12 4:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RollHighAllDay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would play it, but with the amount of time you would have to put in to playing, you'd be better off training in real life and actually doing something productive. Phone Post
12/30/12 4:59 PM
whitfield1234
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rIKmAN -

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've only just seen this and it caught my eye.

What would you guys think of a UFC/Skyrim style game like you've been discussing, but mix that with a control / interaction / consequences system similar to The Walking Dead.

So instead of controlling your character directly in a beat em up game, you make decisions before/during fights to affect the outcome, and the options you are given are based on things you have done before (training, researched a fighter to find weaknesses, bribed an official etc).

The "open world" part of the game would also store relationships with NPCs, decisions the player makes during the main story and side-quests so there would be multiple routes and outcomes to the game.

ie. In one game the player makes it to the UFC, another game he gets in with the wrong crowd and gets killed when a drug deal goes wrong, another game he gets suspended after getting caught taking PEDs etc, it would all depend on what route you took from the start.

It would be part strategy game, part RPG, part resource management and all held together by an adventure game style overarching narrative (eg. Fight Night 4 story) and loads of side-quests that would appear / not appear based on your choices, abilities and relationships.

New areas, maps, characters, stories etc could be added with DLC so the world would be ever growing.

I'm just thinking out loud here at the moment, so thoughts welcome - I guess I'm just trying to think outside the box and find a way where the actual "fighting" part of the game can be done differently, something which takes a little more thought, strategy and maybe focuses more on the mentality of a fighter....

Thoughts?

If you can make it do it I would buy it Phone Post
12/30/12 5:08 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/30/12 5:22 PM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flexo - 
Mariooo1UP - I used to be a mma fighter like you, than I got a right hook to the face. Phone Post
Push kick to the knee Phone Post

Punch to the thigh.
12/30/12 6:21 PM
rIKmAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/12 6:23 PM
whitfield1234 - If you can make it do it I would buy it Phone Post

Please take a look at my thread on the GamerGround forum, I know it's related but I don't want to hijack the OPs thread. Phone Post

Thread here

edit: I see you already did :)

12/30/12 8:23 PM
DreamerMMA
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
rIKmAN - 
whitfield1234 - If you can make it do it I would buy it Phone Post

Please take a look at my thread on the GamerGround forum, I know it's related but I don't want to hijack the OPs thread. Phone Post

Thread here

edit: I see you already did :)

Not a hijack at all man. 

I was just playing with an idea, you are interested in making it happen so go for it, you have my blessing on that.

Once it's run it's course on the UG I can move it to the OG for a little while to get input there then finally drop it off on the gamer ground for storage and reference.

No need to divide the info on two different threads, besides, the gamer ground isn't terribly busy.

12/30/12 9:11 PM
rIKmAN

OK thanks Dreamer.

To be honest if there is/was enough interest I would host and setup a forum for it, as the way this forum works with quoting etc it would be a nightmare trying to keep track of everything.

There would be a lot of work involved for me though, so there is no point in me investing the time it would need if only 20 people are interested in playing the game -
It just wouldn't be economical.

re: your idea, it's something I've thought about before. In fact I started writing an mma management type game a while ago after I played world of mma and got bored pretty quickly.

Then that grew into the tog/adventure game idea, and then I saw your thread.

The idea is a good one I think, it's just a question of if there is a market? Phone Post
12/30/12 9:17 PM
MrBoone
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have yet to buy a MMA/UFC type game and never will. If this game came out I'd buy it on release date.
12/30/12 9:21 PM
GaryColeman

Should be more like ms pacman imo. Phone Post
12/30/12 9:36 PM
primetime56
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
12/30/12 9:53 PM
3rdLion
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking in! Phone Post
12/30/12 10:04 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd play that game and pay good money to
12/31/12 1:35 AM
DreamerMMA
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rIKmAN -  OK thanks Dreamer.

To be honest if there is/was enough interest I would host and setup a forum for it, as the way this forum works with quoting etc it would be a nightmare trying to keep track of everything.

There would be a lot of work involved for me though, so there is no point in me investing the time it would need if only 20 people are interested in playing the game -
It just wouldn't be economical.

re: your idea, it's something I've thought about before. In fact I started writing an mma management type game a while ago after I played world of mma and got bored pretty quickly.

Then that grew into the tog/adventure game idea, and then I saw your thread.

The idea is a good one I think, it's just a question of if there is a market? Phone Post

The reactions from the members here suggest people would like it but yeah, that's here, a hardcore MMA board.

I would buy a game like this immediately and happily pay the normal 59.99 price.

12/31/12 2:13 AM
Brabo Ben
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 pages worth of discussion and not a single palhares to the knee reference, i an disappoint Phone Post
12/31/12 2:40 AM
escudo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DEAR GOD YES.

The UFC game needs this. Career mode just keeps getting worse. I was so pissed when I got stuck at Greg Jacksons and couldn't train anywhere else. Let me learn and evolve my style the way I want it like every fighter on the planet.

I'd love to see an organic leveling system like skyrim but there is a couple ideas.

1) Chin/cuts every time you get cut or KO'ed it's easier for it to happen again unless you have the money Wanderlei style surgery is an option for cuts but there is no helping a glass jaw. Sort of forces retirement on you.

2) Injury/sickness Actual down time in between fighting and training, for instance Torn ACL? spend the next year working arm power, scouting fighters (watching UFC) physical therapy to come back GSP style better than ever and if you don't nurse your injury correctly or come back to soon you lose a step on your takedowns and kicks.

3) Friends, family girlfiends and wives. Miserable bastards make you a miserable bastard and supportive people make you more motivated to go and train everyday.
12/31/12 6:04 AM
MartialArtsMixed
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking something different after reading the title but it sounds like a great idea Phone Post
12/31/12 10:17 AM
whitfield1234
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tt Phone Post
12/31/12 2:46 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WMMA 3 by Grey Dog Software is an amazing MMA simulator game that fulfills many things you may wish.

Start a promotion?

Get tv deals/PPV?

Sign fighters, lose fighters, have to negotiate and deal with fighters refusing fights or failing drug tests or missing weight?

All in there. Phone Post
12/31/12 2:47 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

escudo - DEAR GOD YES.

The UFC game needs this. Career mode just keeps getting worse. I was so pissed when I got stuck at Greg Jacksons and couldn't train anywhere else. Let me learn and evolve my style the way I want it like every fighter on the planet.

I'd love to see an organic leveling system like skyrim but there is a couple ideas.

1) Chin/cuts every time you get cut or KO'ed it's easier for it to happen again unless you have the money Wanderlei style surgery is an option for cuts but there is no helping a glass jaw. Sort of forces retirement on you.

2) Injury/sickness Actual down time in between fighting and training, for instance Torn ACL? spend the next year working arm power, scouting fighters (watching UFC) physical therapy to come back GSP style better than ever and if you don't nurse your injury correctly or come back to soon you lose a step on your takedowns and kicks.

3) Friends, family girlfiends and wives. Miserable bastards make you a miserable bastard and supportive people make you more motivated to go and train everyday.
WMMA 3 has fighters getting surgery to clear up scar tissue.

Injuries versus sickness.

Athletic commission suspensions based upon damage taken in fights. Phone Post
1/1/13 11:59 PM
GOREILLAMAN
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
1/2/13 12:00 AM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mariooo1UP -  I used to be a mma fighter like you, than I got a right hook to the face. Phone Post

Paul Harris to the knee IMO

1/3/13 4:23 PM
rIKmAN

Would mods/admin/kirik have a problem with me setting up a forum so this can be discussed in more detail by anyone interested.

It would be solely for the purpose of discussing the game idea, but I don't want it to look like I'm taking traffic from the UG. Phone Post
1/4/13 6:24 AM
DreamerMMA

I don't see why it would be a problem. 

The idea was from one of my threads and I don't mind at all. 

I don't see how it would cause any harm to MMA.tv if you made a seperate website/forum to discuss a game you want to make simply because it's an MMA based game. 

Just keep us updated if you would.

1/4/13 6:42 AM
WanderleisNoseJob
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Litoris - Ttt for killing villagers in the next UFC game. Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
1/13/13 3:00 AM
rIKmAN

Edited: 01/13/13 3:01 AM

Hey guys, this is also posted in my thread in the GG, but I've set up a forum to discuss this in a bit more detail anyway for anyone that wants to.

You'll need to register, but there is no waiting on anything, you can post straight away.

I've made a few threads for people to give their thoughts on, but you're more than welcome to create your own of course.

If nobody bothers then all I've lost is 30mins of my time, but its there if you want to get involved and chip in your thoughts.

http://bit.ly/ZRFKST Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.