UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva Death Knee & Style Learned From....

10/16/12 4:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gokudamus stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru - 
Gokudamus stole my name - Is Cordeiro also righthanded (like Anderson)?

good questions,.  hard to tell from the video.  he might be a south paw from the fighting style, and just teach the class orthodox.  Now it has me wondering as well.

Just thought it was interesting since he is one of Andersons original instructors
10/16/12 4:08 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for posting Tru. Never got to see him spar.
10/16/12 4:56 PM
Tru
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
goeb - thanks for posting Tru. Never got to see him spar.

no problem, been meaning to post this for a long time.  

10/16/12 5:15 PM
D241
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for posting this Aaron. Btw I was the first to put you in the green with my vote up yesterday. obviously you would've got there anyways though.

Man I was going to make a thread appreciation for Cordeiro, but this thread is better.

My point-Cordeiro is hugely underrated, and in my opinion, should be just as highly regarded if not more, than Greg Jackson/Mike Winklejon.

PS-if you could look into his natural stance and being left/right handed, and if he trained anderson that way, that'd be great.

Also you should re-post your videos of you and werdum and you and cyborg, those were awesome!

10/16/12 5:19 PM
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub

10/16/12 5:48 PM
Forssberg

Very nice vid
10/16/12 6:02 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - My point-Cordeiro is hugely underrated, and in my opinion, should be just as highly regarded if not more, than Greg Jackson/Mike Winklejon.

I absolutely believe Cordeiro is a lot better coach, and knows tons more about MMA technique, than Greg Jackson. Cordeiro is a master, and from all reports is great at imparting that knowledge to students as well.

The real value of the "Jackson camp" is the affiliate deals they have with other camps like Grudge and Tri-Star for exchanging high quality sparring partners. I think people greatly overrate Greg's actual importance - it's the top sparring partners that fighters need.

Greg is certainly a good coach, but he's treated like this MMA sage of unmatched wisdom and I find that laughable. There's a number of coaches out there just as good, and I would much rather train under Cordeiro any day than Greg Jackson.
10/16/12 6:23 PM
Tru
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
D241 - 

Thank you for posting this Aaron. Btw I was the first to put you in the green with my vote up yesterday. obviously you would've got there anyways though.

Man I was going to make a thread appreciation for Cordeiro, but this thread is better.

My point-Cordeiro is hugely underrated, and in my opinion, should be just as highly regarded if not more, than Greg Jackson/Mike Winklejon.

PS-if you could look into his natural stance and being left/right handed, and if he trained anderson that way, that'd be great.

Also you should re-post your videos of you and werdum and you and cyborg, those were awesome!

thanks, I will look into that stuff.  I gave you a vote up as well.   Here is a link to the page of videos you wanted to see.

http://www.youtube.com/user/truplya777/videos?query=cyborg

10/16/12 6:47 PM
jjplayer808
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome video. It would be such a great honor to train with him Phone Post
10/16/12 7:08 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -

No offense to Master Cordeiro, who is awesome, but I doubt Anderson learned the technique that he is using in 2012 from a guy he hasn't trained under for more than a few weeks in the last decade.  Anderson left Chute Boxe back in 2003 and has really refined his style since then.  He is far more technical than the prototypical Chute Boxe Muay Thai brawler.

Why wouldnt Anderson use a technique he learned 10 years ago, especially if its been working for him lately? Phone Post
10/16/12 7:15 PM
iDaz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub Phone Post
10/16/12 7:19 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 later since I can't see vid on ipad :(
10/16/12 7:32 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW, anyone know if Shogun will train with Cordeiro for the Gus fight?

I know Shogun and Cordeiro had a falling out, but then patched things up. Haven't heard whether Shogun will be training at Kings again though.

I really hope he does, Cordeiro will prepare Shogun much better than his friends in Brazil. If Shogun trains with Cordeiro I think he'll beat Gus.
10/16/12 10:18 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Cordeiro is dropping his students like flies. He's a sniper with those knees man.

VTFU to Tru for posting the vid.
10/17/12 3:05 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos
SMS89 - Damn Cordeiro is dropping his students like flies. He's a sniper with those knees man.

VTFU to Tru for posting the vid.

thanks for the vote up.  

10/18/12 1:24 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos

edit:  truth is, we found out he learned the death knee while robo boarding on the beaches of brazil

10/18/12 1:51 PM
KC007

Looks like just a tap with his knee yet he manages to crumple his students with it. Phone Post
10/18/12 2:27 PM
Rip0ste
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -

No offense to Master Cordeiro, who is awesome, but I doubt Anderson learned the technique that he is using in 2012 from a guy he hasn't trained under for more than a few weeks in the last decade.  Anderson left Chute Boxe back in 2003 and has really refined his style since then.  He is far more technical than the prototypical Chute Boxe Muay Thai brawler.

If you read Anderson's book, he credits master Cordiero with teaching him Muay Thai. Not all the guys out of Chute Boxe are just brawlers. Phone Post
10/18/12 2:35 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn!

Rafael Cordeiro is a bad motherfucker! Phone Post
10/18/12 9:26 PM
caliguy0906

Steve4192 - 

Actually, Master Rafael Cordiero teaches in the mornings at Blackhouse (where Anderson, Machida and others train) and then comes back to HB to do his pro classes in the afternoon and his 6pm muay thai class. I know, I train at Kings
10/19/12 2:06 PM
n3m
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/11/13 11:58 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos

ttt for coach of the year master cordeiro

1/12/13 12:50 PM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dayum.
Makes shit look so easy.
1/12/13 1:17 PM
Timtek

Well placed, hard knees fired from the correct range IMO. We've seen Overeem fire these manstoppers before as well.
1/12/13 1:40 PM
Gerbacio
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/12/13 1:41 PM

also TTT for Master C!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.