UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nelson: I think me and Dana are gonna fight

10/16/12 11:13 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I think me and Dana are gonna fight, I think I even offered. We'll handle it like men, like everybody else," Nelson told the group of reporters gathered at the same property that plays host to the TUF finale on Dec. 15.

"But at the end of the day, Dec. 15th I'm fighting Shane Carwin. He's going to settle his beef with me and I'm gonna squash the juice with him. Pretty much if the fight happens, it happens."

A media member pressed Nelson as to why his latest feuding with White seems more volatile than usual.

"I guess I've just stolen the thunder from Dana and Dana likes to be the front man and it's switching," Nelson said. "I don't know, maybe there is a switch of power or something. Dana says he loves me, he hates me, he says it all. I'm confused. And all I want to do is eat because it just puts me in a depression."

read entire article...

10/16/12 11:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rampageforpresident
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
10/16/12 11:18 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
935 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yawn

10/16/12 11:20 AM
jtown2
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is one seriously depressed individual. Phone Post
10/16/12 11:40 AM
Neil Funk

Roy is a goofball loner who shouldn't necessarily be in a position of leadership at this point, regardless of his experience. He seems like a good guy though, I like him. I wish he had the opportunity to fight Dana for the way Dana has disrespected him in the media.

One of these days Dana's going to say the wrong thing about a fighter who has nothing to lose and BLAMMO, lights out. I hope it never comes to that, but there's only so much that you can poke the lion before the lion has had enough.
10/16/12 11:41 AM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk - Roy is a goofball loner who shouldn't necessarily be in a position of leadership at this point, regardless of his experience. He seems like a good guy though, I like him. I wish he had the opportunity to fight Dana for the way Dana has disrespected him in the media.

One of these days Dana's going to say the wrong thing about a fighter who has nothing to lose and BLAMMO, lights out. I hope it never comes to that, but there's only so much that you can poke the lion before the lion has had enough.
Yeah and that fighter can pretty much kiss his career goodbye.

Probably why that scenario will never happen. Phone Post
10/16/12 11:43 AM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm shocked Dana hasn't blamed the all-time low TUF ratings on Nelson at this point.

Haole fan #1

I'm over Roy. Wouldn't mind at all if he got cut. Phone Post
spliff
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana's out.. he's gonna have surgery soon

10/16/12 11:45 AM
UGCTT_Winnson

*Dana and I are going to fight...

Jesus Roy, get it together.
10/16/12 11:48 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
935 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

I'm shocked Dana hasn't blamed the all-time low TUF ratings on Nelson at this point.

or Bellator

Ondz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want to like Roy Nelson, but it's hard rooting for a guy that seems to hate himself so much. I know some people say he is just trolling, but that almost makes it worse. Then he is just really dumb.

Or maybe he is happy looking like a freak show, making a fraction of the money he could be making, and not fighting in the right division where he could be a serious contender.

Fuck, Roy has me confused as well.
thatdude21601
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I keep hearing "Squash the juice" in a Pauly Shore voice. Awful.
10/16/12 11:52 AM
Ben Rothwells Corn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish this guy would just stop saying stupid shit Phone Post
10/16/12 11:56 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

"Maybe the fight is gonna be just like how it is on TV: I coach, he doesn't," Nelson said, getting a rise out of a handful of reporters. "I was told 'Hey guess who is gonna coach against you? And I thought it was gonna be Shane Carwin, but instead its Trevor Wittman.' So I guess I’m fighting Trevor on Dec. 15."

that's my favortie part, I'm pretty sure Shane signed on to get to fight Roy, I really doubt he touted himself as some world-class Coach.

Roy was actually Coaching guys BEFORE he ever even fought, shouldn't he expect to be a better Coach than someone who never claimed to Coach, anyone, ever?

a wise leader surrounds himself with people smarter than himself, and lets them do their thing.

T's a fantastic boxing/striking Coach, why would Shane not let him lead the drills?

10/16/12 11:57 AM
145er

I could care less if I ever see roy nelson fight again. He is his own worse enemy. Crie's about not getting sponsors and not making any money.. Guess what roy, it's your own fault!! Maybe his gut and mullet has a bit to do with that. He would be amazing at 205 but for some reason he's too lazy to really work at it and get in shape.. It's sad really cause he could be something...
10/16/12 12:02 PM
Phil999

he looks alot smaller then he was.
10/16/12 12:04 PM
Mayhem13
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be a big fan of Roy..but the way he keeps poking and prodding at the guy who employs him, and seems to think he can do so with no repercussions, is sorta pissing me off.

Dana hasn't been a saint in this situation either..but still. Roy is tearing down his own career and shooting himself in the foot over an over again.

When all is said and done an he is cut after a loss...he really can only blame himself Phone Post
10/16/12 12:07 PM
sacredhate
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

muppetsbungalowedbeyatch - 
Neil Funk - Roy is a goofball loner who shouldn't necessarily be in a position of leadership at this point, regardless of his experience. He seems like a good guy though, I like him. I wish he had the opportunity to fight Dana for the way Dana has disrespected him in the media.

Yeah and that fighter can pretty much kiss his career goodbye.

Probably why that scenario will never happen. Phone Post

Neil...you are missing the point.

Dana IS the lion.

real men don't settle their disputes in the ring or in a physical fight...only bums and paid athletes do.

where i work "real men" settle their disputes by seeing who actually has the highest sales numbers....but it would be stupid for a sales guy to challenge anyone not in his peer group that way...just as it is for Roy to do so with Dana.

and just LOL at Roy thinking that people are seeing him as more of a front man than Dana. he obviously only turns on his t.v. and computer when TUF is on.
10/16/12 12:11 PM
Soul Gravy

Roy > Dana in every possible way.
10/16/12 12:15 PM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is going to be doing the women stuff. Fight won't happen.
10/16/12 12:55 PM
SonofJockstrap
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy honestly seems like he's bi-polar as fuck, and I'm not saying that as a slight, just seems like it. He goes through these manic phases where he just lets loose on everyone then gets hardcore depressed shortly thereafter. Just an observation from someone who goes through it. If he doesn't and he's just kooky like he is, I feel bad for him either way, but if he does, it must suck having to go off medication during training camp because it might cause him to fail a drug test.

10/16/12 1:03 PM
UGCTT_Winnson

Teddy Roosevelt was bipolar as fuck too.

Draw what conclusions you will.
10/16/12 1:11 PM
SickEyeDiaz
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Country = superCalo? Phone Post
10/16/12 1:14 PM
buckshot44
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get a kick outta Big Country.. that guy is hilarious!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.