UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones & Sonnen to coach TUF 17, fight April 27th

10/17/12 4:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tardiolli
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's ridiculous how people hold Machida/Shogun not accepting a 8 days notice fight with Jones against them.

They already fought Jones on short notie and lost badly. They don't want to go 0-2 and be in limbo just to be Dana's personal bitch. Chael obviously accepted the fight because he had nothing to lose, he doesn't even have a single win at LHW in recent years.
10/17/12 6:25 PM
ChaosOverkill
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh either will be keeping the belt warm for Tex

10/17/12 8:43 PM
SQUEEZIE

KingofBJJ - 
BloodThirsty - Sonnen is is coming off winning 5 of 7 rounds against "The GOAT'. Combined with being the most interesting and best selling PPV draw they have right now. I really don't understand how anyone thinks he doesn't deserve it. Are these recent accomplishments more worthy?

- A Decision win over Thiago Silva?
- Declining a fight with the champ Jones on one month notice?
- A win over Brandon Vera?
- A win over Fabio Maldonado? (no matter how tough he is.)

And let's not act like any of these contenders bring any more realistic hope of victory against Jones. (Except maybe Machida, who already passed on the opportunity.)

Oh, and... FUCK YES! Best news in along while.

No one declares a fighter qualified for a title shot for how they lose their fights, except maybe you.

------------------

- A Decision win over Thiago Silva?
- Declining a fight with the champ Jones on one month notice?
- A win over Brandon Vera?
- A win over Fabio Maldonado? (no matter how tough he is.)
-----------------------

Exactly who are your referring to? Sonnen hasn't fought either of those and Jones, only fought Vera and destroyed him.

think he is talking bout the other contenders who actually recently won fights in that division.
10/18/12 9:48 AM
razorsharpe

This could be one of the most watched seasons and entertaining. I hope it doesnt take away from the 185 talent thats coming in, much like the rampage vs evans season, which i think they could have had better fighters on that season. Agree or disagree this fight will put people in the seats and i believe Chael will be the first one to take Jones down.
4/28/13 1:07 AM
epwar
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, so all the folks who said this was a joke of a fight and retarded were...right!  Shocker!

4/30/13 2:38 AM
Bawls
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Wow, so all the folks who said this was a joke of a fight and retarded were...right!  Shocker!

I figured epic Rashad/Rampage trash talk.. a competitive fight for a few rounds.

Not so much.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.