UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones & Sonnen to coach TUF 17, fight April 27th

10/16/12 3:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sergio88
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/16/12 3:57 PM
DanChow
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/10/16/3512914/ufc-bombshell-jon-jones-and-chael-sonnen-to-coach-tuf-fight-in-april

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/10/16/3512952/jon-jones-vs-chael-sonnen-fight-booked-for-april-27-following-tuf-17

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31166/jon-jones-and-chael-sonnen-to-coach-the-ultimate-fighter-17-fight-on-april-27.mma
10/16/12 3:58 PM
Kingtony87
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please tell me this as well as the last 24 hrs of news is a anonymous prank or something. How the hell does this make any sense. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Phone Post
10/16/12 3:58 PM
Peterpump
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight is disappointing UFC how the hell does Sonnen deserve a title shot? Phone Post
10/16/12 3:59 PM
Lasko
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The champion of a division should not be a coach on TUF. This just means Jones won't be defending his belt for 6 more months. At least Jones is finally giving the fans this fight....at a time that no one wants it anymore.
10/16/12 3:59 PM
MichaelMeyers

Allucard - 
AyyAnt - Do people really want to see this fight? Why not just send the welterweight Demian Maia to do Jon Jones lightwork for him.

So let me see if I got it right... Jones is a coward for ducking Sonnen on short notice because it will be a mismatch if he gets to prepare? What's next? It's only fair if Jones fights with an hand behind his back?

Also, Silva is a middleweight who wants to remain one. Because it's better for his legacy yes (notice how the words Silva and legacy don't make me become an angry hillbilly) but also because he has many members of his team (who prepare him so well for fights) fighting in that division including Minotouro Nogueira. So forget about that. GSP is closer in size to Silva anyway and it's a better fight in significance because both are over 30 (Silva pushing 40) whereas Jones will have DECADES to find his defining fight.

Don't be immature hateful trolls with an agenda. Please, GSP would be mad at you. Because he's a true warrior, he doesn't need you sneaky bastards playing "GOAT" for him.

The only problem with all of this is that Anderson himself said he'd rather fight GSP because it's an easier fight. He wants to take the easy way out, and that's pretty lame for the "GOAT"
10/16/12 4:00 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the hell is going on??? Sonnen will bring great ratings with his trash talking but are you kidding me? This is a joke. Phone Post
joesmo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This match up is what can ruin the UFC. Sonnen who's biggest win is bisping, loses to an injured Silva the gets man handled in their rematch after getting the fight due to his mouth. Can't defend subs to save his life. He was par at best in mw. Now he thinks he can play with the big boys after dropping weight bc he was horrible at lhw. This is pathetic. Goes to show you having a mouth out weighs actual skill. What's he going to teach them how to steal and use drugs. Good job Dana! Hope Jones retired him.
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow... What a joke. I guess the UFC titles mean nothing. Anderson doesn't feel like defending his, and Jones gets two 185ers in a row. Phone Post
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/16/12 4:01 PM
bram
1337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In! Phone Post
10/16/12 4:02 PM
BubblesNS
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So is the ranking system increasingly being abandoned for revenue and ppv numbers? Am i wrong? This just feels a bit desparate. Phone Post
bram
1337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's obvious a lot of hardcore guys on here will hate this because of chael jumping everyone at 205 but the casual fans don't care and this shit is gonna sell. Phone Post
DanChow
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Chiappetta MMA@MikeChiappetta

The biggest thing that Jones vs. Sonnen proves is how much UFC still values TUF. But the stakes are raised. If it still doesn't draw? Uh-oh.
Don_Dada
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - I cant believe Dana will sit there and say with a straight face that Chael Sonnen arguably 1-3 in his last 4 MW fights is deserving of a fight with the LHW champion

It really is ridiculous and IMO a total farce.
10/16/12 4:04 PM
groinkick
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know if it's been said yet, but I see this as a measuring stick to convince Anderson to fight JBJ later on. If JBJ doesn't destroy Sonnen in 30 sec they'll use that to talk Anderson into the fight. Phone Post
GregNoActionJackson
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit! Just logged on and saw this piece of gold. Should be interesting season. Phone Post
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened to the Silva superfight?!
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn UG news trolled me hard!! Phone Post
10/16/12 4:05 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jonflesh -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - So wait... Jones and Chael are coaching TUF?

What if Chael loses to Forrest? He still gets a title shot? Phone Post
Looks like the Forrest fight is off since taping starts on the 29th. Phone Post
Wooooooooooow!

That is ridiculous! Chael's first fight back at LHW is a title shot with Jon Jones. Lol! Chael is a fucking genius. Bravo Mr Sonnen. Bravo... Phone Post
10/16/12 4:05 PM
DanChow

http://www.ufc.com/media/tuf-1606-preview
10/16/12 4:06 PM
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's the good guy and who's the bad guy on this one?
mike_rizzo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

way to save TUF ratings Phone Post
RJJH
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR - 
MichaelMeyers - Who wants to see this? Besides Chael, of course.

More proof that talking shit is more important than actually being a good fighter.

+1000000

WHAT A JOKE. WHAT A WAY TO STALL THE BELT.

Just terrible all around.

Is it April Fool's Day by any chance?

THIS.

WHAT A DISAPOINTMENT.

Joe Sons nuts

The fuck is this? A giant plug in the LHW division. I fucking hate it when champions do TUF instead of defending their belt.

Fuck you Dana! From the bottom of my grimey heart you bald bozo!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.