UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones & Sonnen to coach TUF 17, fight April 27th

10/16/12 4:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Aural_Apocalypse
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UK Wrestler - Wow. Absolutely pathetic.

Beyond pathetic. I'm shocked.

You are? Shouldn't be. Chael sells PPV's and gets ratings. TUF is at a low and they need a boost. Business decision.
Proteus The Invincible
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that's an absolutely terrible plan. Not only does it tie up Jones and the light heavyweight title picture for a long time, Chael doesn't desrve the fight even a little bit and the match-up itself is completely bland and uninteresting.
Malvert the Janitor
937 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I just get out of work, check my UG app and see Jones Silva agree to coach TUF and then fight. Should have realized the UG had it all fucked up again.

I'm suggesting, at times like these, Kirik assume his bloggers fucked up from now on, rather than call out site supporting "monkeys" (that comment seems to have been deleted amongst others). Wouldn't it be a safe assumption at this point? Phone Post
Alpha Midget

What if chael loses to Forrest Phone Post
10/16/12 4:25 PM
John Nic

Although I don't think Chael deserves it, this is the type of boost that TUF needs. I haven't watched TUF for years now.. Although I personally believe the doomed ratings are from how the show is packaged. Phone Post
10/16/12 4:28 PM
Stolm
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Chael, but this fight is a complete joke unless he gets a few wins at 205.
10/16/12 4:28 PM
Sardinian pride

Hahaha ,fuck yes!!!team Sonnen all the way !! Phone Post
10/16/12 4:29 PM
UGCTT_TrevGore
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like this is going to be terrible for Jon Jones. And not because of Chael.

In! Phone Post
10/16/12 4:29 PM
Ktaco
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF are ppl talking about with the Forrest fight, obviously that fight is not going to take place.
10/16/12 4:30 PM
Flyers179

Like Sonnen on TUF but this is a joke. Machida doesn't get another crack at Jones but Sonnen is up? Disappointing.
10/16/12 4:31 PM
RoyMunson
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well people are going to start watching TUF again.

10/16/12 4:31 PM
catbath
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think posters are making lots of good points, but UG = mainstream.

Chael is going to elevate Jones to another level, in terms of exposure and PPV drawing power, the same way he did for Silva. Great career move. Phone Post
10/16/12 4:32 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/16/12 4:39 PM
Somewhere Jon Fitch is puking.

Does this mean TV execs are booking the fights now or is this another "fun fight"?

Poor Henderson, fighting doesn't get you title shots, talking does in this "sport".

In what other "sport" does talking get you big matches...oh right, pro wrasslin.

Consider the shark jumped.
10/16/12 4:32 PM
AussieMayhem

RangerDanger - This made sense as a last minute replacement. It doesn't make sense at all for TUF and headlining a PPV 2013.

I'm a huge fan of Chael, but would like to see him get some fights at 205 before his shot.

This seems like a desperate move to get ratings. Make the Jones/Silva fight and you'll get all the ratings you want. Phone Post
This. Wtf zuffa!!??? Phone Post
10/16/12 4:33 PM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First american TUF i will watch in a long time. War Team Sonnen!
10/16/12 4:35 PM
Perfer Et Obdura
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media Monster - back-to-back title shots in two different weight-classes. Has that ever even been done before?

Dan Henderson when he fought Rampage to unify the Pride & UFC belts. When he lost to Rampage, his next fight was against Anderson.

Randy Couture lost to Chuck at 205, "retired" and then came back to fight Sylvia for the heavyweight belt in his next fight.
10/16/12 4:35 PM
ChaelPFan

Itll be fun to watch it all unfold. Phone Post
10/16/12 4:37 PM
Il Duce
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IronTigerMMA - wtf? Phone Post
WTF? Phone Post
10/16/12 4:39 PM
Nonlinear

Edited: 10/16/12 4:39 PM

Fuck TUF in the ass for its title fight delaying bullshit.... AGAIN.  For nothing.  

Fucking waste of time.

Jones fought four times in 2011 and twice already in 2012, now we have to wait seven months to see another LHW title fight so he can coach scrubs on a cable show that nobody fucking watches?

As if having Sonnen and Jones on that piece of shit show will get it out of the ratings toilet.  Fuck TUF.

10/16/12 4:39 PM
attjack

On the heals of Bonner vs. Silva we appear to be entering a new era. Zuffa is now making absurd matchups. Although I don't think much of the Jones-Sonnen fight, which will be a one sided affair, this does open up some interesting freak show possibilities in the future.
10/16/12 4:40 PM
Fly Rodder
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo had two Pride belts at the time.

Chael has dick.

This is an awful idea. Chael is good at one thing - trash talking. Jones, unfortunately for him, isn't good at talking (with or without a script). This will result in two epic beatdowns. Chael verabally abusing Jones and then Jones pushing Chael's shit in.
10/16/12 4:40 PM
Nonlinear

You know what is going to be NOT fun?  Waiting until April to see Jones defend his title.

10/16/12 4:41 PM
PoundFoolish
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened to his fight vs Forrest? Phone Post
10/16/12 4:41 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

attjack - On the heals of Bonner vs. Silva we appear to be entering a new era. Zuffa is now making absurd matchups. Although I don't think much of the Jones-Sonnen fight, which will be a one sided affair, this does open up some interesting freak show possibilities in the future.

I think we can thank 2 things for this, bad TUF ratings, and Fox Execs meddling.
10/16/12 4:42 PM
Nonlinear

"Hey guys, lets take two of our biggest draws and put them on the shelf for 8 months so they can star in a shitty reality TV show on FX that nobody watches!"

Someone actually thought this was a good idea.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.