UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones & Sonnen to coach TUF 17, fight April 27th

10/16/12 5:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jasonhightower
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael by mind fuck. Phone Post
10/16/12 5:41 PM
Nonlinear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You all need to stop bullshitting yourselves.  You don't watch TUF and you aren't going to watch Season 17 no matter who is coaching.  You aren't going to sit around on Friday night so you can watch FX.

Trying to throw your biggest draws at a timeslot your target market doesn't watch just shows how stupid UFC's marketing can be.  It's been good about branding the Octagon but stuff like this "throw stars against the wall and hope they stick and save TUF" strategy is amateurish and reeks of desperation.

10/16/12 5:42 PM
Rtchamp15
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hercules_mma_kosark - i literally CALLED IT!

yesturday i posted a thread about why they should do this, wonder if dana saw it :)
I tweeted Dana on sept 7th and suggested that he make Chael and Jones the next TUF coaches, I didn't think he would do it though, sorry guys my bad. Phone Post
10/16/12 5:42 PM
mmango
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a joke! Dan Henderson deserves this among many others over Chael. ufc just took a step towards wwe...
10/16/12 5:44 PM
mmango
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" the fans want to see this" we do?
mmango

" the fans want to see this" we do?
RJJH
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - 
RJJH - 
Tomato Can - This is actually probably a less lopsided fight than Silva/Bonnar but it still sucks.

Really? LESS onesided?

Chael has NOTHING for him, not even a chin to stay conscious.

Bonner AT THE VERY LEAST had a chin and a winning record.

thinking about it, Bonner - Chael would be the fight they SHOULD make.

RJ-

You know you're my buddy, but I think you're being a little unfair to Chael.  I know I am biased here, but lets' not forget that Chael is the only person that has actually challenged Silva.  So, don't count him completely out of a Jones fight.

LOL, unfair? Fael is a cheater and a real scumbag of a human. me telling it how it is is not unfair at all.

also, this could very well be the easiest fight for Jones since coming to the UFC. and I am 100% serious when I say that.

tell me what Chael can even remotely do in this fight to win?

Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH - 
Tomato Can - This is actually probably a less lopsided fight than Silva/Bonnar but it still sucks.

Really? LESS onesided?

Yea, I see it as a bit less lopsided. Silva was just on a totally different level from Bonnar, and had already destroyed a top 10 LHW in Forrest Griffin.

Sonnen has at least showed that he has top level skills, albeit at a lower weight. He's basically been the #2 MW in the world for a very long time.
10/16/12 5:47 PM
Dman3456
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ironhouse -
Dman3456 -  The bad news is once chael loses he will become a joke. 3 title losses, what is he gonna talk his way into fighting JDS next? Phone Post

Sadly a month ago I would have said 2 titles losses, what is he gonna talk his way into fighting Bones?

It's like watching WWE, or worse yet, boxing...sad day for the sport.
Yeah its true. Honestly chael was afraid of forrest. That sounds ridiculous but he already has lost to forrest and if he beat forrest now it would not be impressive at all. Phone Post
mmango

RJJH - 
mmavixen - 
RJJH - 

Really? LESS onesided?

RJ-

You know you're my buddy, but I think you're being a little unfair to Chael.  I know I am biased here, but lets' not forget that Chael is the only person that has actually challenged Silva.  So, don't count him completely out of a Jones fight.

LOL, unfair? Fael is a cheater and a real scumbag of a human. me telling it how it is is not unfair at all.

also, this could very well be the easiest fight for Jones since coming to the UFC. and I am 100% serious when I say that.

agreed. i dont think Chael will even be able to get Jones to the mat.
RJJH
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - 
RJJH - 

Really? LESS onesided?

Yea, I see it as a bit less lopsided. Silva was just on a totally different level from Bonnar, and had already destroyed a top 10 LHW in Forrest Griffin.

Sonnen has at least showed that he has top level skills, albeit at a lower weight. He's basically been the #2 MW in the world for a very long time.

see, thats where we differ, I dont consider Chael to be ranked anything close to #2 ever. and think he was gifted title shots because mouth breathing americans soaked up his schtick.

epwar
595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana said in August that Chael wouldn't talk himself into a 205 title fight.  LOL!

UFC President Dana White was a guest this morning on the “Dave and Mahoney” radio show in Las Vegas on X107.5 and White stated that Sonnen will not talk himself into a light heavyweight title shot.

“He is a long way away,” White said. “He is not coming off the Silva fight and talking his way into a 205 lb world title shot. He is going to have to beat couple of the best in the world. If he beats Forrest Griffin, we will shoot him right into the top five. Let him fight some of those guys there and see what happens.”

http://themmareport.com/2012/08/dana-white-chael-will-not-talk-himself-into-title-shot/

10/16/12 5:49 PM
RJJH

epwar - 

Dana said in August that Chael wouldn't talk himself into a 205 title fight.  LOL!

UFC President Dana White was a guest this morning on the “Dave and Mahoney” radio show in Las Vegas on X107.5 and White stated that Sonnen will not talk himself into a light heavyweight title shot.

“He is a long way away,” White said. “He is not coming off the Silva fight and talking his way into a 205 lb world title shot. He is going to have to beat couple of the best in the world. If he beats Forrest Griffin, we will shoot him right into the top five. Let him fight some of those guys there and see what happens.”

http://themmareport.com/2012/08/dana-white-chael-will-not-talk-himself-into-title-shot/

I'll put your "Dana said" in context right now....

Action Figures.

10/16/12 5:50 PM
charliedelta1000
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the hell is Chael going to put up with all of Jones' self righteousness for weeks on end?
10/16/12 5:51 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH - 
mmavixen - 
RJJH - 

Really? LESS onesided?

RJ-

I guarantee you he is the coolest, nicest human being ever.  No one who has ever spent any time with Chael will ever say a bad word about him.  He does countless things for chairty and other things that never get published.  

As for whether he can win the fight or not, for everything I say, someone will play contrarian and tell me Jones can do it better.  All I am saying is that it won't be as lopsided as people think. 

Of course people are welcome to disagree, it's just my opinion.

10/16/12 5:52 PM
RJJH

charliedelta1000 - How the hell is Chael going to put up with all of Jones' self righteousness for weeks on end?

or vise versa?!?!

10/16/12 5:53 PM
Sofa King Cool
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hasn't Jones already beaten a better version of Chael named Rashad? Phone Post
10/16/12 5:54 PM
lordbreakdown
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+1 for a Friday Night Fights. GREAT idea. I'd rather watch 2-3 weekly fights than TUF any day. Dana, make that shit happen.
10/16/12 5:55 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH - 
Tomato Can - 
RJJH - 

Really? LESS onesided?

see, thats where we differ, I dont consider Chael to be ranked anything close to #2 ever. and think he was gifted title shots because mouth breathing americans soaked up his schtick.

Come on now. I don't like the guy either but he's beaten Dan Miller, Okami, Marquardt, Stann, and Bisping, and he's won a total of 5 rounds against Anderson Silva when nobody else has won a SINGLE round against Silva since Hendo did almost 5 years ago.
Lazer MMA

MMA

Death by Zuffa
RJJH

Sofa King Cool -  Hasn't Jones already beaten a better version of Chael named Rashad? Phone Post

Chael will be his easiest fight in the UFC BY FAR.

10/16/12 5:56 PM
32Hunter

Trash talking will be great, but that fight is à disgrace. Phone Post
10/16/12 5:56 PM
MJM1912

Stupid.
10/16/12 5:57 PM
Snakey

Wow they really want to kill TUF off huh
10/16/12 5:57 PM
RJJH

Tomato Can - 
RJJH - 
Tomato Can - 
RJJH - 

Really? LESS onesided?

Come on now. I don't like the guy either but he's beaten Dan Miller, Okami, Marquardt, Stann, and Bisping, and he's won a total of 5 rounds against Anderson Silva when nobody else has won a SINGLE round against Silva since Hendo did almost 5 years ago.

I stand by my original statement.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.