UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> can we have white nick fury back please?....

10/16/12 6:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Elastic Assassin
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i mean....come on...the guy has been a fixture in teh MU forever....he has a robust history......an actual back story....not some ret-con bullshit...

teh sam jackson thing is played out....to death.....

now the sam fury is in the cartoons and everything....ugh...
10/16/12 7:13 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1003 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YOU'RE WELCOME

10/16/12 7:56 PM
Zenoplata
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean, doesn't really bother me what race he is. Both versions are pretty cool in my book.

10/16/12 8:00 PM
The Elastic Assassin
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it not a reace thing but one is white and teh onther one is sam jackson
10/16/12 8:09 PM
fryabusa
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While we are at it since Michael Clarke Duncan has passed on and it seems like a Daredevil movie is in the works can we get a white Kingpin back too?

10/16/12 8:53 PM
JudOWNED
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be a perfect time for my "Not sure if racist..." meme I thought up! I just need the right pic.
10/16/12 10:07 PM
The Elastic Assassin

i woudl reccomend a picture of the chapelle bit with teh blind white suprecacist
10/16/12 10:59 PM
kung_pow
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was a series (was it called battle scars?) posted on here explaining that the black nick fury was the real nick fury's half breed bastard son and he inherited the directorship after white nick fury died. I can't say it is a perfect story, but it makes it a different than just making a character be a different race so that young children of that same race can aspire to be director of shield.

So really, the most disappointing part of the black nick fury is that it revealed that the white nick fury was into black chicks when I always figured that he was into Asians.

10/17/12 9:04 AM
paw
1311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kung_pow - There was a series (was it called battle scars?) posted on here explaining that the black nick fury was the real nick fury's half breed bastard son and he inherited the directorship after white nick fury died. I can't say it is a perfect story, but it makes it a different than just making a character be a different race so that young children of that same race can aspire to be director of shield.

So really, the most disappointing part of the black nick fury is that it revealed that the white nick fury was into black chicks when I always figured that he was into Asians.

One small correction.  Nick Fury isn't dead, yet.  He's gone underground and no longer has the super soldier serum in his bloodstream, so he's now aging like a normal person.

10/17/12 9:06 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White Fury was as good as gone once they decided to go with Ultimate Fury in the Avengers movie. Having them be different would be too confusing for new readers.
10/17/12 9:35 AM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It makes no difference. It's very difficult to use the original back story anyways since it has Fury fighting in WWII. Which would make him over a hundred years old now.
10/17/12 9:42 AM
MarkRobinson
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a fan of classic Fury and i have no issues with ult-universe Jackson Fury but i think its fuckin retarded to have a Jackson Fury look-a-like in the Marvel 616.  

I first became a Fury fan when playing that old school Punisher game. 

10/17/12 10:06 AM
paw
1311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/17/12 10:06 AM
MarkRobinson - 

Im a fan of classic Fury and i have no issues with ult-universe Jackson Fury but i think its fuckin retarded to have a Jackson Fury look-a-like in the Marvel 616.  

Y'all know that they introduced Agent Coulson into the 616 too, right?

*hides under desk*

10/17/12 10:27 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - It makes no difference. It's very difficult to use the original back story anyways since it has Fury fighting in WWII. Which would make him over a hundred years old now.

Which is why he drank the infinity formula or whatever it was that kept him alive right ? Can't remeber, I may have made that up-lol

But replacing white Nick Fury is ULTRA gay.

I always loved the old gruff Nick Fury warhorse...a GREAT character.

Samuel Jackson is not a great comic book character, sorry.
10/17/12 12:12 PM
JudOWNED

The Elastic Assassin - i woudl reccomend a picture of the chapelle bit with teh blind white suprecacist

Nice! How are these?

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/first_brother/NSIRChapelle.png

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/first_brother/NSIR3.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/first_brother/NSIR2.jpg
10/17/12 2:38 PM
HEMAN
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/17/12 2:40 PM
Stephen Lang would make a good OLD NICK FURY.
10/17/12 2:44 PM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD - 
BigWilliam - It makes no difference. It's very difficult to use the original back story anyways since it has Fury fighting in WWII. Which would make him over a hundred years old now.

Which is why he drank the infinity formula or whatever it was that kept him alive right ? Can't remeber, I may have made that up-lol

But replacing white Nick Fury is ULTRA gay.

I always loved the old gruff Nick Fury warhorse...a GREAT character.

Samuel Jackson is not a great comic book character, sorry.

Did he? I don't follow Fury enough to know one way or another on that.

And I am not saying they should replace 616 Fury with Ultimate Fury. Though I am guessing they did it to fit with the movie franchise.
10/17/12 6:24 PM
The Elastic Assassin

Edited: 10/17/12 6:24 PM
JudOWNED - 
The Elastic Assassin - i woudl reccomend a picture of the chapelle bit with teh blind white suprecacist

Nice! How are these?

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/first_brother/NSIRChapelle.png

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/first_brother/NSIR3.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/first_brother/NSIR2.jpg

blind...

10/17/12 6:25 PM
The Elastic Assassin

the last one is gold...
10/17/12 7:23 PM
SKARHEAD

Are the black gay jewish klansmen real ? Do they have their own comic book ?
10/19/12 5:42 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

I mean, doesn't really bother me what race he is. Both versions are pretty cool in my book.

He was way less 'snakes on a plane' in the avengers. I honestly don't know what the gripe is. Phone Post
10/21/12 1:23 PM
SKARHEAD

Salokcin69 - 
Zenoplata -

He was way less 'snakes on a plane' in the avengers. I honestly don't know what the gripe is. Phone Post

The gripe is that most of us grew up w/ Nick Fury...the cigar chomping WW2 warhorse who lead the Howling Commandos and all his backstory. I always loved the character.

NOBODY asked for him to be replaced w/ Samuel Jackson.
10/21/12 1:32 PM
The Elastic Assassin

SKARHEAD - 
Salokcin69 - 
Zenoplata -

The gripe is that most of us grew up w/ Nick Fury...the cigar chomping WW2 warhorse who lead the Howling Commandos and all his backstory. I always loved the character.

NOBODY asked for him to be replaced w/ Samuel Jackson.

BOOM.....voted up...
10/21/12 5:59 PM
Fury2Feed
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not even a black/white issue. If they would have created a NEW character, who was black or played by Jackson, to be director of S.H.I.E.L.D, fine. But to hijack one of the oldest characters Marvel has is like a rapper sampling a song and being credited as the original creator.

I asked Jim Steranko, the guy who turned Fury from a WWII grunt into a secret agent of S.H.I.E.L.D in the 60's, about the swap out and needless to say...the guy was pretty pissed about it.

Guess he's just racist.
10/21/12 6:34 PM
SKARHEAD

Marvel has COMPLETELY jumped the shark

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.